WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
They took away some features I was getting to like, such as the boom box tech.

Overall, this is the first time I've ever seen LG semi focused. They're being a bit more targeted in their approach - one basic model in the targeted market (outside of the 5G bands). Let's see if they ship it out at the end of March..and they advertise the HECK of it SMARTLY. THAT would be very impressive.

I'm glad that they are a little better focused. I wonder how much advantage they will have with being priced slightly lower than the S20.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
While the Z Flip has issues, I was kind of curious about it still. I finally got to watch MrMobile's review on it (student life when you have a paper due calls...) and I'll stay with my S10e.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
While the Z Flip has issues, I was kind of curious about it still. I finally got to watch MrMobile's review on it and I'll stay with my S10e.

The truth about the zflip is that all other OEMs will be chasing Samsung's innovation and tech behind it. They just set the bar on that device...that is if flips really do make a come back.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
The truth about the zflip is that all other OEMs will be chasing Samsung's innovation and tech behind it. They just set the bar on that device...that is if flips really do make a come back.

That's true. This will be interesting to see if that comes to pass. The size was the biggest draw for me with it. HTC shouldn't use their resources to make one, Sony probably wouldn't, maybe Huawei might since they seem to have the resources.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I leave that to Rue as he rolls his eyes during the tech comments...
Well, not really.

First is that I don't have the varied experience that most of you have with phones. So I typically get lost in that so just scroll by.

Second I find most news about smartphones rather boring these days. There's nothing really exciting anymore. Android Central might as well call themselves Samsung Central. The only phone they write the same about is the Pixel.

Big yawn fest really.

Tech is a bit boring in the PC and mobile phone sphere currently.

PC is all about games. Mobile is mostly about camera and games.

Since I'm not into games,...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Don't see the point of a flip other than being flashy. Some people will get it just for that and no other reason.

I have doubts about the excitement of dual screen devices. Until they can make them thinner and useful I don't see much use.

Most tablets in Android have gone. Only a few OEMs left. Even Apple had to reinvent theirs.

So I don't see the fascination with either of these 'innovations' other than being gimmicks.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The sad reality with dual screen devices is that it will take Apple to release one for them to be relevent.

Until then they'll be niche devices.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Don't see the point of a flip other than being flashy. Some people will get it just for that and no other reason.

I have doubts about the excitement of dual screen devices. Until they can make them thinner and useful I don't see much use.

Most tablets in Android have gone. Only a few OEMs left. Even Apple had to reinvent theirs.

So I don't see the fascination with either of these 'innovations' other than being gimmicks.
It's a huge waste of time the vendors will jump on it if that's what people want.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The sad reality with dual screen devices is that it will take Apple to release one for them to be relevent.

Until then they'll be niche devices.
Like I mentioned in another thread give it a couple years until Apple reinvents it and innovates it for everybody else to Marvel at then we can start looking at as old Tech or old news.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, not really.

First is that I don't have the varied experience that most of you have with phones. So I typically get lost in that so just scroll by.

Second I find most news about smartphones rather boring these days. There's nothing really exciting anymore. Android Central might as well call themselves Samsung Central. The only phone they write the same about is the Pixel.

Big yawn fest really.

Tech is a bit boring in the PC and mobile phone sphere currently.

PC is all about games. Mobile is mostly about camera and games.

Since I'm not into games,...
That's awfully fancy way to describe the eye rolling...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad that they are a little better focused. I wonder how much advantage they will have with being priced slightly lower than the S20.
If they're looking at it frome the lens of poaching Samsung customers - they'll have the same no advantage they've had since they screwed up the Note 7/V20 scenario.

If they look at it from targeting media junkies and semi serious content creators, they've got a puncher's chance if they nail pricing.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
New headphones have been good so far. The call quality is very good. Had a long call during a walk home recently with my winter hat on and the mics didn't miss a beat and the quality was crystal clear. I'm still adjusting to the passive noise canceling. My ears are adjusting to the volume quickly, so I keep them at 50% and they are loud enough to enjoy the music but still give me not completely gimped sound awareness via the passive NC.

For $50, a home run.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So as I digest the V60 some more, I see the chamfered edges, in that HTC 10 style. It looks really nice. I just think it's going to be a lot bigger than what I want to use it for. That's likely what will keep me away.

If I was going to have only two devices, it would be a Nokia 9 and this. I'd like beat the hell out of it for vacations though.

I hope LG does well enough this year. I don't think they will sell more than Samsung, but this is a very solid device - at least they've been consistent.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
New headphones have been good so far. The call quality is very good. Had a long call during a walk home recently with my winter hat on and the mics didn't miss a beat and the quality was crystal clear. I'm still adjusting to the passive noise canceling. My ears are adjusting to the volume quickly, so I keep them at 50% and they are loud enough to enjoy the music but still give me not completely gimped sound awareness via the passive NC.

For $50, a home run.
Nice! I'm glad it was worth taking a chance on.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I have to say this is going to be an interesting year... Will interesting is the only word I can think of to describe it.

So far, we have a virus running rampant and is starting to affect business. The economy was already slowing so this creates a whole new level of worry.

Then we'll see how the USA handles this outbreak with it's healthcare system... Not looking good...

And it's only February...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo