WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I have to say this is going to be an interesting year... Will interesting is the only word I can think of to describe it.

So far, we have a virus running rampant and is starting to affect business. The economy was already slowing so this creates a whole new level of worry.

Then we'll see how the USA handles this outbreak with it's healthcare system... Not looking good...

And it's only February...
#2020cluster****.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So, NYS is "banning" single use plastic bags starting 03/01/2020. When I grocery shop, I take the paper and recycle it. I'll just have to carry my bags now as I'm not as consistent with them. I've been cracking jokes about it with my corner Bodega workers. At least there are a few sensible exemptions, yet I'm hopeful it cuts down the waste.

I personally try to recycle single use bags ad much as I can, but they can be such a scourge at times.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
So, NYS is "banning" single use plastic bags starting 03/01/2020. When I grocery shop, I take the paper and recycle it. I'll just have to carry my bags now as I'm not as consistent with them. I've been cracking jokes about it with my corner Bodega workers. At least there are a few sensible exemptions, yet I'm hopeful it cuts down the waste.

I personally try to recycle single use bags ad much as I can, but they can be such a scourge at times.

Wow, banning! I can only wonder how this will work with things like meat. You'll probably be the only one to know what I mean, but when you go to some "international" food stores, you can buy meat. This meat is usually packaged in bags. Even though they do that, I would rather use a plastic bag to also bag it again.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Wow, banning! I can only wonder how this will work with things like meat. You'll probably be the only one to know what I mean, but when you go to some "international" food stores, you can buy meat. This meat is usually packaged in bags. Even though they do that, I would rather use a plastic bag to also bag it again.
We have had a plastic bag ban in LA County since 2011. So we're used to it. They will sell you a sturdy bag for $1 or a paper bag for 10c.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
We have had a plastic bag ban in LA County since 2011. So we're used to it. They will sell you a sturdy bag for $1 or a paper bag for 10c.
That's good to know. Well, y'all are more ahead. In my county, composing isn't even really a thing. Just trash, recycling and yard waste. A neighboring county charges for them.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
These are used as shopping bags and bags that you carry your food in when receiving takeout. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_shopping_bag
I should learn to use sarcasm better...

I did grow up in Canada. We had plastic bags...

Here in Europe every country is different but in general most have reduced or banned the use of them.

France is in the middle but I think will fully ban them fully soon.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I should learn to use sarcasm better...

I did grow up in Canada. We had plastic bags...

Here in Europe every country is different but in general most have reduced or banned the use of them.

France is in the middle but I think will fully ban them fully soon.

Haha I didn't even realize. I just guessed that the milk bags were a thing.
That's interesting to know about France.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
That is listed as an SX series. Normally their SZ series model was the lightest/thinest model, at least this was back in the Win XP/Win 7 days. Also the SZ was a huge pain to replace any and every hw component on it. If they had to give the SZ from back then a reparability score today it would fail miserably.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I've been using reusable shopping bags that I take with me. I actually like those better, since I can put more in one bag and not have multiple bags or plastic bags tearing and groceries falling out.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Sony knows how to saw off the branch it is sitting on way too well.
First mobile phones and now PCs.
Sigh.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/28/21153098/vaio-sx12-review-display-design-price-specs-features

Truth be told, that reviewer was making too much of a big deal about personal preferences. Bezels, 16:9 displays and Thunderbolt ports are not things mature business-class buyers give any thought to. He sounds like a pre-teen reviewing the newest iPhone. Yes it’s expensive but I’ve seen costlier at Best Buy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro