WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Stay home, stay safe people.
.. its all most of can and should do
6716b0066e8d8a733fc47f1835a263f5.jpg

One of the main reasons is people still going to places of worship, social gatherings. Even those earlier days of crowds in market of mad scrambling and stocking up.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Simple concept yet our 2 months heads up on this ran out real fast some how. I can only imagine certain countries are just shaking their heads.

2020 is heading down in the history books for sure.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

One of the main reasons is people still going to places of worship, social gatherings. Even those earlier days of crowds in market of mad scrambling and stocking up.
This has too many words for some of the folks here in 'Murica don't believe.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Simple concept yet our 2 months heads up on this ran out real fast some how. I can only imagine certain countries are just shaking their heads.

2020 is heading down in the history books for sure.
We just had our MCO (Movement Control Order) extended for another two weeks. Some places had higher number of cases and will be in tight lockdown, perhaps curfew...
Will need to do some shopping cos there is another 2 weeks more of extended MCO ahead. Religious congregation at one mosque is the single largest cluster thats directly linked to over 60% of the cases, and most of infected cases involving healthcare frontliners. We are now bracing ourselves for the third wave, and expect to peak in mid April.

https://ncov2019.live/data

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
https://youtu.be/bE68xVXf8Kw

The saddest part here is that there are people who will still not believe or take it seriously.
There's lots over here as well.

It's not just the USA with those who think this whole thing is an overreaction.

The typical, "every year there's X amount of deaths with regular flu I don't understand the panic or the issues..."

It's not hard to understand but for some reason, simple logic falls many.

It's very simple arithmetic.

Every year there's an expected number of flu cases. It's seasonal. They know the general numbers and they know more or less what to expect. Some years it's higher than others.

We also have a vaccine and other medications to help.

This new virus is unknown. It wasn't expected. We don't know much about it, even now, except that it's very contagious There's no vaccine and no idea what medications help. No one is immune to this. A vaccine is about a year away. Medications are just being trialled.

Now take the regular influx of flu numbers and then add this new virus numbers on top of that.

Thein is the issue. You now have a medical system under pressure.

Add in the fact this particular virus attacks the respiratory system hard and the use of ventilators are required which are typically low in numbers in hospitals.

I don't know why people don't get that.

But hey, if they think it's no big deal, why not contact it?

Tired of the conspiracy theories and other nonsense I've heard.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I just turned 50 so how much time do I really have left? It seems all this is doing is hurtling me towards having a lunch appointment with the Grim Reaper. Thank goodness for social distancing temporarily I hope. Can’t win either way. Solitude above ground or below ground..... Argh!!!!!
Well, think of it in a positive way, if you were to actually meet the Reaper in the near future, they'd say you've died young.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
It too allows you to have a bigger picture. I work in IT so this is easy for me to say or do. I would love to get formal code/prgramming lessons, but I do not have time nor money etc. I know mostly VB, some c, python, and a touch of others. Mostly today I do a lot of scripting on the fly for database work or system admin work. Several or more years ago I did a lot of vb when managing a sharepoint site. Point being knowing all this together along with all my other background helps me solve problems a lot faster than an average tech who might only know 1 or 2 things really well. The extent of my CAD design is using trimble sw (ie sketchup) but I mainly use it for personal use for speaker enclosures etc and love what it can do. I am not certain what you will really need LISP or VB for in your work or even mysql (another great thing to learn or pickup) but I bet you be glad you have it in your tool box later on.

Your last sentece sums it up. I just want to have more opportunities.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
There's lots over here as well.

It's not just the USA with those who think this whole thing is an overreaction.

The typical, "every year there's X amount of deaths with regular flu I don't understand the panic or the issues..."

It's not hard to understand but for some reason, simple logic falls many.

It's very simple arithmetic.

Every year there's an expected number of flu cases. It's seasonal. They know the general numbers and they know more or less what to expect. Some years it's higher than others.

We also have a vaccine and other medications to help.

This new virus is unknown. It wasn't expected. We don't know much about it, even now, except that it's very contagious There's no vaccine and no idea what medications help. No one is immune to this. A vaccine is about a year away. Medications are just being trialled.

Now take the regular influx of flu numbers and then add this new virus numbers on top of that.

Thein is the issue. You now have a medical system under pressure.

Add in the fact this particular virus attacks the respiratory system hard and the use of ventilators are required which are typically low in numbers in hospitals.

I don't know why people don't get that.

But hey, if they think it's no big deal, why not contact it?

Tired of the conspiracy theories and other nonsense I've heard.
The sad thing is, even highly educated people are treating it as a hoax, as a conspiracy theory. The thing that gets me pissed off the most is the common misconception that it only affects elderly. No, no, no. Take Spain for example, lots of young people have died, Italy as well (though not majority).

I did see an inappropriate joke about CoVID that I actually laughed at, but they're a few.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb