WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Let's do a poll and vote for what I'm getting as the new work phone (small sarcasm alert). Choices are:

1) iPhone 8
2) iPhone 7
3) Another 6S
4) More Mi 9 action as the replacement wasn't ready
5) iPhone 10 R
6) Other (humor me with something)

I know what my vote is...
Well, i have the work phone in hand. It's a marginal improvement over the previous one. I'll leave the poll open until the end of the work day to then say what I got.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
It's weird how you can work from home and still hate Mondays.

My manager worked over the weekend, for some reason (bored?) And I had way too many emails first thing.

Made it a miserable start.

Being over the project I'm working on didn't help my enthusiasm.

Trying to get over this annoying time and hope to move onto better things.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So I live next to a big park. The largest green space in Paris to be exact.

Unfortunately, they're cracking down as there's too many people in the park so they're starting to barricade some areas.

Nice weather is on its way here too.

I know we're not supposed to enjoy this lockdown but it's getting more difficult as time goes by.

The park was a nice escape. Oh well

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Finnished my CAD assignment in VBA. It was ALOT easier than the LISP one. Maybe it's because of the syntax, which is quite weird in LISP (I'm used to C/C++). Anyway, I won't be bothering Rue, at least for now.
No worries. Just let me know when/if...

Funny your CAD assignment doesn't sound very CAD like to me.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Unfortunately, they're cracking down as there's too many people in the park so they're starting to barricade some areas.

I know we're not supposed to enjoy this lockdown but it's getting more difficult as time goes by.

Not living in a city helps alot in a situation like this.

Also, weren't you going to live on a country side? Have a farm or something? I swear I remember you posting that.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So this last couple of weeks I've been having a one coffee a day, a cappuccino. At work I have two to three, which are long shots.

For those who don't know I own a home version of a espresso machine. It's a level down from a professional one but it's not a cheapy.

Anyway, like all these types of machines it has a water reservoir at the back that constantly needs filling.

Well, the other day the handle dislodged and the whole thing, filled with water, landed on my big toe.

Yes it hurt. There's about 2L of water in this thing when filled. Which for you maths people, about 2kg of weight.

Now two things about this.

One is thankfully I broke it's falls and nothing broke on the reservoir. Two is the spot it landed on my toe, though painful, lasted only a day and nothing is broke or bruised but it did some damage to my nail.

I'm perfectly fine and I'm walking normal.

So now I fill it with a bottle... It only takes one time for me to learn not to do something again...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'll post it here later so you can see.
Yes I own a farm still. Near Bordeaux.

Unfortunately finances got tight and an opportunity to work came around so here I am in Paris.

Building works are pretty expensive here. Unfortunately moving here took finances was well. So we're just getting back to where we were when we left the farm.

It helps when your mortgage is tiny and you have no debt at all.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
So this last couple of weeks I've been having a one coffee a day, a cappuccino. At work I have two to three, which are long shots.

For those who don't know I own a home version of a espresso machine. It's a level down from a professional one but it's not a cheapy.

Anyway, like all these types of machines it has a water reservoir at the back that constantly needs filling.

Well, the other day the handle dislodged and the whole thing, filled with water, landed on my big toe.

Yes it hurt. There's about 2L of water in this thing when filled. Which for you maths people, about 2kg of weight.

One is thankfully I broke it's falls and nothing broke on the reservoir. Two is the spot it landed on my toe, though painful, lasted only a day and nothing is broke out bruised but it did some damage to my nail.

So now I fill it with a bottle... It only takes one time for me to learn not to do something again...

Ouch. The bottle sounds like it would be more protective.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
So my state's governor issued a stay at home order starting tonight at 8pm. Essential workers are the only ones allowed to go to work on site, the rest of us can only go out for essential things (outside of walks of course). If something breaks, you can go and buy parts that you need, but that's it. Otherwise, enforcement is real. I appreciate the precautions.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So an iPhone 7 huh?
Winner winer, chicken dinner. They replaced my rose gold 6S with the rose gold courage model.

The issue I have is that I've lost key messages. I don't like putting that in the cloud so surprisingly, the 6S let me do a back up on itunes. The new one isn't giving such access. The pictures synced but it's the messages and call lists I needed. I don't store client's numbers in my phone but I know who is who when they call. Sigh. I really don't want to have to start over as that's 2+ years important data.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Winner winer, chicken dinner. They replaced my rose gold 6S with the rose gold courage model.

The issue I have is that I've lost key messages. I don't like putting that in the cloud so surprisingly, the 6S let me do a back up. The new one isn't giving such access. Sigh. I really don't want to have to start over as that's 2+ years important data.

Wow, I feel like you called that one.

I hope that you'll be able to get that data that you need.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So here's on of the ways the government royally ****ed us over with COVID-19.

Any one of the regulars here knows how I feel about the MTA. It is the backbone of a world class city that has been colossally historically mismanaged. It now unfortunately depends on people buying fares to keep a lot of stuff running. So the MTA has to keep running during the COVID-19 outbreak. But here is the problem, with most of the paying ridership forced to stay home, there is no money coming in. So of course they cut back services. Last time I checked in this pandemic, less trains with longer wait times means you're concentrating more people on trains, which makes social distancing less helpful.

I saw that today, where honestly, it felt like midday level traffic during rush hour - seats where mostly full with a few people standing by the doors. I felt like of all the points in the day, being on the train put me the most at risk.

I wish the government would have said "run the trains as normal, people's health, especially those first responders and those connected to essential services are worth the cost". What it tells me is that they're willing to take the risk and pay for it another way.

That's the ****ed up 'Murican logic that's led to this show handling of the epidemic.20200330_161845.jpeg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Can't always have nice things as people will drown in excess. Jokes side it sucks they took away the park. There's one no too far from where I'm at that's a decent size and for a while it was full of people. Now it's backed off some, helped by the recent yo-yo style weather.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

One is thankfully I broke it's falls and nothing broke on the reservoir. Two is the spot it landed on my toe, though painful, lasted only a day and nothing is broke or bruised but it did some damage to my nail.

Glad you're OK...

https://youtu.be/xUjkMr8QgH4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss