WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Oh, I know about those micro apartments. People in them are feeling the pinch because of COVID-19.

Before you got here there was an ex coworker of mine from Dallas who wanted the nightlife experience. She paid $1100 for a room in the Village that was half hour away from work. Always late to work, always out partying. That worked for her ad she never planned to stay in NYC long term - she went back to Dallas, got married and all that. I preferred to pay that for a full apartment in the BX that may give me an 75 minute commute.

People's priorities are different. Anyone living in these micro apartments are gonna rough it out now - literally.
We have tiny apartments in Paris as well. I feel sorry for anyone living in one in these times.

There's also shared accommodation as well where you just rent a room and share the kitchen, bathroom etc. Popular in the London as well.

I'm very grateful for the place we have. Just by being a touch out of Paris we pay less for a bigger place.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Though a lot is being said about people ignoring the lockdown. Where I live is probably one of the worst areas for it. Mainly because of the park and not being in the centre of Paris.

I went grocery shopping earlier and there were so many people out. Lots just sitting on benches or hanging out. Totally against the lockdown rules.

This weekend there is going to be as huge spike in fines I think. We're heading towards 21C with sun. It's going to be hard for a lot of people.

Trying times and what's worse is that things are getting worse inn the hospitals but people are still acting nonchalant about it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Though a lot is being said about people ignoring the lockdown. Where I live is probably one of the worst areas for it. Mainly because of the park and not being in the centre of Paris.

I went grocery shopping earlier and there were so many people out. Lots just sitting on benches or hanging out. Totally against the lockdown rules.

This weekend there is going to be as huge spike in fines I think. We're heading towards 21C with sun. It's going to be hard for a lot of people.

Trying times and what's worse is that things are getting worse inn the hospitals but people are still acting nonchalant about it.
Ugh, this sounds frustrating.

With people doing dumb stuff like this, I'm understanding another reason why some people don't like people.

Speaking of, I heard about a pastor holding service in Florida, choosing to ignore orders and I was like, wow. Didn't know I had a local fool too: https://www.fox5dc.com/news/prince-...-holds-service-in-defiance-of-governors-order

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I see the tower everyday and never tire of it. It's most impressive when seen close up.

As for going up the tower. I see that as pointless but understand if people want to do it. There's lots of better views with the tower in it.

I love the old buildings. If you're into architecture it's a place to visit.

The Louvre is way too big but still pretty amazing.

Yup, pretty much everything about art that's not over the top.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Speaking of, I heard about a pastor holding service in Florida, choosing to ignore orders and I was like, wow. Didn't know I had a local fool too: https://www.fox5dc.com/news/prince-...-holds-service-in-defiance-of-governors-order
Hate to break the news to you but there's a few out there doing this. Not just in your state but all across the USA and in other countries...

Lots of the misguided ones think this is either a hoax or that they can pray it away.

Some think this is possibly the beginning of Armageddon....

No one said science was their strong suit...

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Yup, pretty much everything about art that's not over the top.
I have a friend who has a doctorate in the arts. She is of the opinion that there is not boundary of what is art and what isn't. It's up to the individual to decide.

If you're not into modern art I'd stay out of the Pompidou Centre. Though definitely go in the free section for the view. There are some good pieces in there but not sure the price is worth it.

The Louvre is nice and has an amazing collection, the building is impressive as well, it's the largest museum in the world. I did hear it was the biggest building in France but I can't seem to find that info.

There's also D'Orsay. Which was an old train station. It's has a nice collection of art.

Of course, keep in mind these places all cost money. Though young people typically get a discount or free entry. There are also free evenings or days. Typically first Sunday or last Sunday of the month.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have a friend who has a doctorate in the arts. She is of the opinion that there is not boundary of what is art and what isn't. It's up to the individual to decide.

If you're not into modern art I'd stay out of the Pompidou Centre. Though definitely go in the free section for the view. There are some good pieces in there but not sure the price is worth it.

The Louvre is nice and has an amazing collection, the building is impressive as well, it's the largest museum in the world. I did hear it was the biggest building in France but I can't seem to find that info.

There's also D'Orsay. Which was an old train station. It's has a nice collection of art.

Of course, keep in mind these places all cost money. Though young people typically get a discount or free entry. There are also free evenings or days. Typically first Sunday or last Sunday of the month.
I had arts clasd back in high school, my teacher would kill me for what I've said previously. She also has a phd in arts. Actually, she's the only teacher with a doctorate in our highschools that I know of. At least in my town.

Modern stuff isn't for me. Maybe it was post-moderna that I didn't like, can't really remember now. I really enjoyed Baroque, Cubism and Impressionism, and pretty much everyhing about architecture.

Oh and islamic art, arabesques.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
There was this guy, who came from Italy and didn't want to obey the restrictions, said something like, not even a whole army's going to stop him from going out wherever he wants to. Well he ended up being fined 600€ (note, that's 1200BAM). He's home now with the wife and kids.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Another day. Gotta do laundry before work. There's a somber feeling in the air.
Tensions high in the laundromat over a simple mistake. A ton of unnecessary yelling.

The amount of anxiety in the city is incredible and only increasing. Everyone is worried about their normal worries and this virus. Health and finances are the things people are stressed out even more now, with food right behind it.

Sigh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium