WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
You don't seem to be too informed about the area I come from. If you have a few minutes to spare, I'd recommend watching Geography Now video about Bosnia, you'll get a decent image about how things are here.

The finances minister is Croat, those municipalities are Croat majorities, so there you go.

At the start of a crisis, one canton made an official decision to ban Bosnians from entering (while the canton itself is in Bosnia, but again, it's 90% of Croats there), it was quickly removed shortly after since it goes against the constitution.

One of the first things they did, regarding finances, is distribution of money amongst the political parties, that was the priority. And so much more.

I'll check out the video, but this sounds messed up.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
The interpartner violence (the more modern, all-encompassing term replacing domestic violence in the literature) stat that always stood out to me is this:

In the US, 48% of the people who visit the ER with an injury related to interpartner violence will die within two years of that ER visit.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Was the head of your country that European knucklehead who when the parliament had granted those emergency autocratic powers to address COVID-19, he decided to push through non covid-19 related (aka partisan) issues (like stuff surrounding LBGT criminalization) first?

No, though that really does remind me of our politicians. Surprisingly enough (and I'm saying surprisingly with a reason) the parade we had last year in Sarajevo actually went without a single incident. Not something you can say for many countries. Nontheless, this is a pretty homofobic country.

The main reason there were no issues is that the U.S. Ambassador took part in it, and oh boy do our politicians like to lick their American, you know what. So they tries really hard to make sure everything went by just fine.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Well, my comment was more mirco (individual) level. Because of how companies are designed, I've thought it was hard for companies to execute thoughtfulness consistently - especially publicly trading ones with shareholders.

I agree. I myself have certain issues when it comes to expressing thoughtful feelings, if I may put it that way, in certain scenarios.

For example, I'm horrible when I need to express my condolences on funerals. When my GF's grandad passed away, I had no freaking idea what I said to her dad, but apparently, it came out really nice.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Trust me, this is THE most complicated area in the world, by all means.
Maybe it's just me not being very European focused, but I've always felt that the central (non- Germany, Switzerland and to some degree Austria) & Eastern European countries are always in the shadow of their western European counterparts. And for eons too.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Was the head of your country that European knucklehead who when the parliament had granted those emergency autocratic powers to address COVID-19, he decided to push through non covid-19 related (aka partisan) issues (like stuff surrounding LBGT criminalization) first?
I think that was Hungry. Victor Orban is pretty much another Putin. Hungry is a dictatorship in all but name.

There's calls to kick them out of the EU...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The interpartner violence (the more modern, all-encompassing term replacing domestic violence in the literature) stat that always stood out to me is this:

In the US, 48% of the people who visit the ER with an injury related to interpartner violence will die within two years of that ER visit.
That is truly sad... I guess interpartner violence says it better.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it's just me not being very European focused, but I've always felt that the central (non- Germany, Switzerland and to some degree Austria) & Eastern European countries are always in the shadow of their western European counterparts. And for eons too.
That's more recent.

Eastern European countries had great empires in past. It's the influence of Soviet era mentality that's taking a long time to clear out.

Some of the older folks have rose tinted glasses about it...

Hence why a lot of politicians in those countries act like dictators and the older folks vote them in...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

That's pretty much true. European fascists will even go further than that, but let's not go that deep. I'll just say that they kind of don't recognize the rest of Europe as Europe (and Europeans, especially Slavs).

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I think that was Hungry. Victor Orban is pretty much another Putin. Hungry is a dictatorship in all but name.

There's calls to kick them out of the EU...

I'd say there's a difference betwen the two. Orban is full fascist mode, while Putin still leans to communisn (I know, I know, but there's a difference).

Orban has perfected mass manipulation with fear of immigrants. Everything bad that happens in the country, man blames them directly, he even went as far as blaming them for corona.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
That's more recent.

Eastern European countries had great empires in past. It's the influence of Soviet era mentality that's taking a long time to clear out.

Some of the older folks have rose tinted glasses about it...

Hence why a lot of politicians in those countries act like dictators and the older folks vote them in...

I agree so much.
Fun fact, oldest written prove of Bosnia as a country goes back to 1189, The Charter of Ban Kulin.

As for the Soviet era, we never really were under the Soviet influence. Yes, there were connections, but we weren't their subjectives by any means. Tito even started the Non-Aligned Movement along with Nehru and Nasser. But it still was communism. And even though the economy was blooming (which is kind of weird) the quality of life was so-so, and freedoms were very limited. Nothing like gulags, not that extreme, altough we've had our version of it (just google Goli Otok - Naked Island).

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'd say there's a difference betwen the two. Orban is full fascist mode, while Putin still leans to communisn (I know, I know, but there's a difference).

Orban has perfected mass manipulation with fear of immigrants. Everything bad that happens in the country, man blames them directly, he even went as far as blaming them for corona.
Yes Putin leans heavily on the communist mentality but lets call it like it is. He's in control. They just voted for him to stay in control until some ridiculous date.

So to not call him a dictator is just fluffing really.

He's got the country 'loving him' like a dictator. Dissenters are taken care of, even in other countries. I can go on...

Like many countries, Russia has a lot of people who are to eager to follow someone 'strong' and agrees with the whatever church...

There's a reason why Trump wants to imitate him so much.

Though let's face it Putin is far smarter...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Yes Putin leans heavily on the communist mentality but lets call it like it is. He's in control. They just voted for him to stay in control until some ridiculous date.

So to not call him a dictator is just fluffing really.

He's got the country 'loving him' like a dictator. Dissenters are taken care of, even in other countries. I can go on...

Like many countries, Russia has a lot of people who are to eager to follow someone 'strong' and agrees with the whatever church...

There's a reason why Trump wants to imitate him so much.

Though let's face it Putin is far smarter...

Hope you didn't get me wrong, I'm not nowhere near to be a fan of Russia. They had their fair share of instability in this region.
But yes, definitely a dictator.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Spent the whole morning trying to recover my SD card. I don't really care about the data on it, since I have a bit older backup, I just want to get it to work.

Tried everything but just can't format it. It's showing as RAW.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hope you didn't get me wrong, I'm not nowhere near to be a fan of Russia. They had their fair share of instability in this region.
But yes, definitely a dictator.
Oh I know you're not a fan. Just wanted to correct you a bit.

A dictator by any other name is still a dictator....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Spent the whole morning trying to recover my SD card. I don't really care about the data on it, since I have a bit older backup, I just want to get it to work.

Tried everything but just can't format it. It's showing as RAW.
Depending on age and type. SD cards eventually fail.

I've had a few do that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720