WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
out of all of those names, the only one I heard of was Carlin. I really don't watch comedy whether it be standup or sitcom.

I've always liked standup. If done well it's fantastic.

You can find clips of Bill Hicks on YouTube and his albums on Spotify.

Same for the rest I believe.

Of course, if it's not your thing...

If comedy isn't your thing definitely stay away from Gallagher ...

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Malaysia has one in Harith Iskandar, won international accolades years back. He's not acerbic or sarcastic though, but quite funny.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Third and final year as of today. Gotta say, it does feel good.

Have two more optional exams that I'll definitely go after, but important thing is that I'm safe.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
He's a comedian... I guess...You don't want to know...

I doubt it's his original joke either.

Listen to Bill Hicks, George Carlin and David Cross. Far Far better.

For more 'bizarre' listen to Emo Philips or Steven Wright.

They're all white dudes... But funny and thought provoking

What's scary is how Bill Hicks resonates still today. He's dead unfortunately... Same for Carlin.

Both would be good in times likes these.

It may not be original but I did hear it first from him back in the late 70s. Loved all the guys on your list and I would only add Lewis Black - absolutely love him. The wife and I watch a standup every weekend with a good bottle of Riesling. Of the newer crop we both enjoy the hell out of John Mulaney and Tom Papa. Richard is still the king and Carlin is the crown prince. One of my all-time favorites was Sam Kinison but he was an acquired taste especially for women.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Done with the phone buying for my parents. Went with a Moto G7 Play and a Moto X4 (old phone but it was on sale, still solid).

They don't mind old phones, and actually wanted them for international use. Also learned that my student discount is no more lol.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
It may not be original but I did hear it first from him back in the late 70s. Loved all the guys on your list and I would only add Lewis Black - absolutely love him. The wife and I watch a standup every weekend with a good bottle of Riesling. Of the newer crop we both enjoy the hell out of John Mulaney and Tom Papa. Richard is still the king and Carlin is the crown prince. One of my all-time favorites was Sam Kinison but he was an acquired taste especially for women.
Thing is I'm pretty positive that Steven Wright did that joke as well.

Again, whether original or not I have no idea.

I haven't heard of some of those comedians. I assume by Richard you mean Rchard Prior.

Carlin was a wordsmith. A lot of people didn't get most of his jokes as it took some thinking...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Done with the phone buying for my parents. Went with a Moto G7 Play and a Moto X4 (old phone but it was on sale, still solid).

They don't mind old phones, and actually wanted them for international use. Also learned that my student discount is no more lol.

I guess I'm going to miss my student discounts as well. There isn't a thing that I haven't checked if it has one lol.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I still get a kick listening to old BBC's radioplay Hitchhikers Guide To the Galaxy series... Monty Python albums... Bette Midler, Cosby, Dave Allen.. old school stuff

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Our summer so far has been pretty crap. Weeks of very high winds (unusual for Paris) cloudy days and rain.

But finally, it appears summer has finally made it's way here. Warm, blue sky day with little to no wind.

It's a relief.

DSC_0086-01.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I guess I'm going to miss my student discounts as well. There isn't a thing that I haven't checked if it has one lol.

It's nice! Apple music, apple (for iPads, Macs) spotify, and sometimes you get it when buying stuff. Amazon too, for prime student. I don't know if it is region based though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs