WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
OK. I mentioned that I got a new tablet, the Samsung Tab S6 Lite, in the pictures of your latest purchase thread. Here's my mini review, since I've had a chance to use it for over a week.

I'm really happy with it.

I got the Angora Blue 128 GB version. I'm also using a 256 GB Samsung EVO class 10 microSDXC card for my music files. This setup is more than enough space for me, since I'm coming from a 32 GB 2013 Nexus 7.

I like the bigger screen size, having a 10" tablet rather than a 7" tablet, since that is nice for reading and for watching Netflix and YouTube.

I have Android 10 on this tablet, rather than Android Nougat. That also ensures that I'll be able to use the current version of any apps without concern that app support will be deprecated.

The tablet runs faster and better supports multi-tasking. It's not the highest-end tablet in terms of processor, memory or screen resolution. However, it's a big upgrade from what I had and worth the price for what it offers.

The S Pen is a great feature, especially on a tablet, moreso than on a phone. The S Pen is included with no extra charge, unlike the Apple Pencil on iPads.

Since I already have a Samsung phone, setting up the tablet was very easy to do via Smartswitch. I also like that I'm able to use my tablet instead of my phone by using the "call & text on other devices" feature.

This tablet has a headphone jack, so I don't need #donglelife or Bluetooth to listen to music. It has Dolby Atmos and sounds as good as my S10+.

Battery life has been great, needing to charge every 2 days with around 8 hours of use. The tablet also has a great feature that limits charging to 85% in order to avoid killing the battery by overcharging.

Obviously the camera isn't as good as that on a phone, but it's good enough for Zoom and Hangouts meetings, which are all I'll use it for. (If I want high quality photos I'll use my phone. )

Overall, this has been a solid acquisition for me that I know I'll be happy with for a long time.
Awesome Laura. I'm seriously considering the Tab S6 with LTE. I'm really enjoying the Galaxy Book2 but it might be overkill in the field. The Galaxy Chromebook in Fiesta Red is really making me rethink using a Chromebook but that 4-5 hour battery life and lack of LTE may be a deal breaker. I know, first-world problems.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Bad stuff just keeps coming one after another.
Saw this radar screenshot of Isaias. Smile and stay safe, Clue
1e8d2dc7e92f72a96434aa1b02b6e14b.jpg
If it came by overnight, I didn't feel it. However, I do have an inordinate amount of leaves on my rear driveway I didn't have yesterday. Oh well, I don't use the alley entrance much, I'll let the missus pull the rake out. :winktongue:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Awesome Laura. I'm seriously considering the Tab S6 with LTE. I'm really enjoying the Galaxy Book2 but it might be overkill in the field. The Galaxy Chromebook in Fiesta Red is really making me rethink using a Chromebook but that 4-5 hour battery life and lack of LTE may be a deal breaker. I know, first-world problems.
Please let us know if you get a new tablet or Chromebook. If you get either, then I hope you will like it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
OK. I mentioned that I got a new tablet, the Samsung Tab S6 Lite, in the pictures of your latest purchase thread. Here's my mini review, since I've had a chance to use it for over a week.

I'm really happy with it.

I got the Angora Blue 128 GB version. I'm also using a 256 GB Samsung EVO class 10 microSDXC card for my music files. This setup is more than enough space for me, since I'm coming from a 32 GB 2013 Nexus 7.

I like the bigger screen size, having a 10" tablet rather than a 7" tablet, since that is nice for reading and for watching Netflix and YouTube.

I have Android 10 on this tablet, rather than Android Nougat. That also ensures that I'll be able to use the current version of any apps without concern that app support will be deprecated.

The tablet runs faster and better supports multi-tasking. It's not the highest-end tablet in terms of processor, memory or screen resolution. However, it's a big upgrade from what I had and worth the price for what it offers.

The S Pen is a great feature, especially on a tablet, moreso than on a phone. The S Pen is included with no extra charge, unlike the Apple Pencil on iPads.

Since I already have a Samsung phone, setting up the tablet was very easy to do via Smartswitch. I also like that I'm able to use my tablet instead of my phone by using the "call & text on other devices" feature.

This tablet has a headphone jack, so I don't need #donglelife or Bluetooth to listen to music. It has Dolby Atmos and sounds as good as my S10+.

Battery life has been great, needing to charge every 2 days with around 8 hours of use. The tablet also has a great feature that limits charging to 85% in order to avoid killing the battery by overcharging.

Obviously the camera isn't as good as that on a phone, but it's good enough for Zoom and Hangouts meetings, which are all I'll use it for. (If I want high quality photos I'll use my phone. )

Overall, this has been a solid acquisition for me that I know I'll be happy with for a long time.
Thank you for sharing, it sounds wonderful!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Because of random work stuff, I missed that they announced the Pixel 4a. I like what I hear about it, including that the size is smaller than the 3a but has a bigger battery.
I like that it is cheaper than the SE and has more base storage. It sounds like a possible move for me but I need samples and a bit more info, not from Google lol. In some ways, there's a downgrade, but I'm still curious.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
If it came by overnight, I didn't feel it. However, I do have an inordinate amount of leaves on my rear driveway I didn't have yesterday. Oh well, I don't use the alley entrance much, I'll let the missus pull the rake out. :winktongue:
The weather is currently heading my way. I really hope that y'all are safe.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Because of random work stuff, I missed that they announced the Pixel 4a. I like what I hear about it, including that the size is smaller than the 3a but has a bigger battery.
I like that it is cheaper than the SE and has more base storage. It sounds like a possible move for me but I need samples and a bit more info, not from Google lol. In some ways, there's a downgrade, but I'm still curious.
I'm most likely getting one. Don't know if I want to pre order or wait till some of these other devices sell.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Let us know if you get it. I don't know if I should buy it, or save some more for the S20, since I found a really good deal on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs