WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
The IdeaPad Slim 7 randomly froze on me the other day. Not sure why but not a great sign when that happens, so it's going back. Also the fans were going too. There's a lot of life stuff going on right now for me and I don't have time for this. I don't have time to keep trying it, especially since I ordered before their holiday return period started. I might try it again if I'm able to when some of the life stuff slows down or ends.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
In my state, the governor encouraged mandatory telework and the president at work decided to follow suit so that's where we are, thanks to the increase in cases. Also new restrictions on capacity. I'm really hoping that we will not shut down all of the way.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The IdeaPad Slim 7 randomly froze on me the other day. Not sure why but not a great sign when that happens, so it's going back. Also the fans were going too. There's a lot of life stuff going on right now for me and I don't have time for this. I don't have time to keep trying it, especially since I ordered before their holiday return period started. I might try it again if I'm able to when some of the life stuff slows down or ends.
I'm sorry to hear that it's been so buggy. I hope you'll be able to find something else that will be better for you.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Also Lenovo is great at the return process. I have returned a lot of things (especially tech), as y'all know but they automatically sent an in-transit notification email for your return with the delivery date and all. I am impressed. It makes me possibly want to see what else they have to offer.

I always track it myself but the fact that they do that by default, is something I like.

Last edited:

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey! It truly is.

I'm doing okay, just doing what I can in this time.

How about you? How have you been? How has the pandemic looked like in your area (like has it changed anything)?
Well a lot was going on this year, a lot has changed. We are currently in a lockdown, again. It sucks. Everything is basically closed, masks also outside, can't go far from home. Pretty unhappy with situation, as most people are.

But something good also came out of it. Since summer I'm working at a good company. We make machines for visual inspection in pharmacy. I'm still studying but I only have this one semester until I finish so 2 more months basically. But I'm at work everyday anyway, all lecutres are over internet.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I also just changed my phone. I had Poco F1. But last Wednesday button died, phone was bootlooping because it felt as if it was pressed all the time. I sent it for repair and since I could take new phone on contract I did. I got good deal on Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and went with that. It is all I wanted, Amoled, good camera, big screen, big battery. Love it so far.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear things are going well for you despite the pandemic.
Well a lot was going on this year, a lot has changed. We are currently in a lockdown, again. It sucks. Everything is basically closed, masks also outside, can't go far from home. Pretty unhappy with situation, as most people are.

But something good also came out of it. Since summer I'm working at a good company. We make machines for visual inspection in pharmacy. I'm still studying but I only have this one semester until I finish so 2 more months basically. But I'm at work everyday anyway, all lecutres are over internet.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I just changed my phone today. Went from a S20 FE to a Pixel 4a 5g. I missed my Pixel 3a and 4XL. I'm really liking this one so far.

Oh and I also got an iPhone 12 mini. Will set that up in a few days as well.

You will love the S20 FE, it's a great device.
I also just changed my phone. I had Poco F1. But last Wednesday button died, phone was bootlooping because it felt as if it was pressed all the time. I sent it for repair and since I could take new phone on contract I did. I got good deal on Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and went with that. It is all I wanted, Amoled, good camera, big screen, big battery. Love it so far.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Speaking of Poco, I just sampled a Poco device as well. I'm impressed by how much smartphone you can get these days for $150.

I like Realme devices as well, but they're priced just a tad but more than Poco. However Realme doesn't skimp on NFC or an actual wide angle camera.

It's great to see these companies offering such good devices to the masses outside the developed world.

In the USA though I must admit it's the Pixel 4a or iPhone SE 2020.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Speaking of the SE 2020, I noticed the difference between it and the S10e with what I forgot or couldn’t notice since we were in lockdown when it came out.

Battery life is shockingly different. 3100 mAh vs 1821 mAh is different on paper but even more so in experience. I had my S10e since launch and that didn’t need to be charged as often as this does. Yes, even in these times.

The other difference is Bluetooth sound quality when in the car. It’s way quieter than the S10e. I don’t know if this is due to the recent update or not.

Even so, the last iPhone I used as a phone was the iPhone X, in early 2019 I believe so it’s nice to shift back. My S10e is gone to be sold and I miss the two things listed but so far, I’m doing okay. It would be harder if life was normal but I don’t regret this.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I unboxed the iPhone 12 Mini last night. Today morning I put on the screen protector. Using it on a spare line now. So it is Pixel 4a 5g, iPhone 12 Mini and S20 FE for now. I have three lines. One paid, two free so....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney