WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
One thing I didn't mention that happened in 2020 was also a car change. Not mine thouh but father's. Renault Laguna III was gone after 12,5 years and it was replaced by another big French car, 2018 Peugeot 508. Bought used in Germany and brought to Slovenia. 35k km, most of the options, 2.0 BlueHDI 160 HP. First non Renault after 27 years for father, first automatic ever, first time car with addaptive cruise control and lane keeping assistant. It can drive itself basically. Awesome car, we looked at many different stuff but this is the one we liked the most.
6d28497de6b1f87bc3f72ab59da930da.jpg
d2569c430c3677b2ff22159dfbe3716c.jpg
77cbe4bfe8afb2995c686e8f3ca53f30.jpg
3f2ce6c691c256233bf6c7af54e74c98.jpg
21abdba06ee17c92b061274026f7ad94.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Just checking in to see how's everyone doing, hope you're all fine.

Life's been very weird for almost the whole past year. Everyone in my house got the virus around the same time, thankfully everyone got out if unharmed, even my 70yo grandmother and grandfather. I had the least symptoms of all of us, so to me it was kind of an easy time.

Not everyone was thay lucky, I know some people that have lost their loved ones due the virus.

Wow I'm sorry that everyone in your house, including you, got the virus. I'm so relieved to hear that y'all on the other side of it now.

Edit: To answer your question, I am doing alright. My work situation hasn't changed, but I am thankful for having work still. I have had a few friends who got the virus, and all are free of it now. My family is good on that front.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
In other news, college is still online, that sucks on so many levels I can not explain. Police hour is back in bussiness, that sucks as well.

I'm kind of tired of the masks, but I know I have to wear one and it would be irresponsible of me not to.

Job opportunities are dying here. Even fields that are blooming right now are taking advantage of the situation, such as pharmacy. They're firing people and cutting their wages by serious margins. So eh, don't know what to think about the future after I get my degree.

Have to learn that German language.

Oh no, that's unfortunate about the job situation there (and also the police situation too). I feel that. I really hope that it will improve before you graduate.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
And I got myself A71. Had it for a couple of months now, no complaints for the price.
I see reviewers complain about OneUI, I guess they haven't used MIUI. This is by far the best skin I've ever used.

Nicee! I'm glad to hear that it is working for you. I have heard that it is a nice phone. I really liked OneUI. I feel like the ones who don't like it are just particular.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Anyway, Poco is back home, fixed. Waiting for case from Aliexpress so I can give it to one of the parents, whoever wants it. It is still great phone, celebrating 2 years today actually

Still happy with decision of buying S20 FE though, it is what I wanted all along. Sick phone for the price.

Wow. I'm amazed that you have already had for 2 years! That's a long time. I'm sure that it will be enjoyed.

Yay! It sounds like you have a true phone win. I have really heard that it is a good phone, and well balanced. I think 99 had it at a point too.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
One thing I didn't mention that happened in 2020 was also a car change. Not mine thouh but father's. Renault Laguna III was gone after 12,5 years and it was replaced by another big French car, 2018 Peugeot 508. Bought used in Germany and brought to Slovenia. 35k km, most of the options, 2.0 BlueHDI 160 HP. First non Renault after 27 years for father, first automatic ever, first time car with addaptive cruise control and lane keeping assistant. It can drive itself basically. Awesome car, we looked at many different stuff but this is the one we liked the most.
6d28497de6b1f87bc3f72ab59da930da.jpg
d2569c430c3677b2ff22159dfbe3716c.jpg
77cbe4bfe8afb2995c686e8f3ca53f30.jpg
3f2ce6c691c256233bf6c7af54e74c98.jpg
21abdba06ee17c92b061274026f7ad94.jpg

French manufacturers really stepped up their game lately. Their cars look absolutely gorgeous from outside.

Car's pretty much new, was it a good deal? And also you get no import taxes, right?

Anyway, congratulations and best of luck with the car!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Wow I'm sorry that everyone in your house, including you, got the virus. I'm so relieved to hear that y'all on the other side of it now.

Edit: To answer your question, I am doing alright. My work situation hasn't changed, but I am thankful for having work still. I have had a few friends who got the virus, and all are free of it now. My family is good on that front.

The elders were the critical ones, they really had the toughest of times. But yeah, we're all good now.

I said this to my friends and relatives, bad companies and employers were saved by corona. Even if people wanted to change jobs they probably had to stick to what they've already got.

Good thing you still have the job and you're all fine. Hoping it stays that way.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Nicee! I'm glad to hear that it is working for you. I have heard that it is a nice phone. I really liked OneUI. I feel like the ones who don't like it are just particular.

I thought I wouldn't like it because of its size, but it really isn't that bigger than my previous 6'' Redmi.

I was going for S10+ or S20+ at first, but decided to save money. Considering the situation, I just wasn't ready to spend that much money.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
The elders were the critical ones, they really had the toughest of times. But yeah, we're all good now.

I said this to my friends and relatives, bad companies and employers were saved by corona. Even if people wanted to change jobs they probably had to stick to what they've already got.

Good thing you still have the job and you're all fine. Hoping it stays that way.

Aww okay.

Thank you! I am still seeking and applying for opportunities to use my earned degree. Opportunities are still coming out, but it isn't at the levels before the pandemic hit. Work is only hiring for critical positions so I can't move up at the moment.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I thought I wouldn't like it because of its size, but it really isn't that bigger than my previous 6'' Redmi.

I was going for S10+ or S20+ at first, but decided to save money. Considering the situation, I just wasn't ready to spend that much money.

That makes sense. Wow, you have found the perfect balance then! That's awesome.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
French manufacturers really stepped up their game lately. Their cars look absolutely gorgeous from outside.

Car's pretty much new, was it a good deal? And also you get no import taxes, right?

Anyway, congratulations and best of luck with the car!
There is tax, DMV but it wasn't too bad, 225 €, 1% of purchase price for this one. It is calculated from price of the vehicle, CO2 emissions, displacement. For this one is reasonable. If you want anything with over 2500 ccm you have a bad time because of this tax But it was lowered for 2021 :)

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
There is tax, DMV but it wasn't too bad, 225 €, 1% of purchase price for this one. It is calculated from price of the vehicle, CO2 emissions, displacement. For this one is reasonable. If you want anything with over 2500 ccm you have a bad time because of this tax But it was lowered for 2021 :)

I'm driving 2200 ccm car and it's plenty, don't know why people are getting huge engines disproportionate to the car these days.

225€ is nothing. I think we have to pay at least 23% of the evaluated price, when importing. Mind you, it's the customs that are evaluating the price, doesn't matter what you actually paid for it.

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
Last year, I messed up and lost all the audio books that I ripped from the audiobooks I owned. Was not paying attention to the drive I was creating a linux mint disk on. Teach me not to name the volumes. Over 200 audio books, and a bunch of other files. Got a couple of weeks off from work and finally decided to recreate those files. Well over 1000 cds being ripped using three different computers, two different rooms. Finally got it done. This time I am going to have at least three backups. Do not want to go through this again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre