WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
There are two appliances that's never used in my house. First is a microwave, which I actively avoid learning to use it. . I didnt have a choice but to use it the office, for making hot water for my coffee.
The other is the pressure cooker. We did have a good Japanese unit but we gave it away real fast. My wife has a deep fear of the darn thing exploding when the pressure builds up the steam hisses out.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
There are two appliances that's never used in my house. First is a microwave, which I actively avoid learning to use it. . I didnt have a choice but to use it the office, for making hot water for my coffee.
The other is the pressure cooker. We did have a good Japanese unit but we gave it away real fast. My wife has a deep fear of the darn thing exploding when the pressure builds up the steam hisses out.

I'm amused to hear that your wife feels this way.

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site

I don't know how to use my microwave either. fortunately it takes voice commands. Just can't use it when the internet is down.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you on the Super Nuker. If I wanted my food irradiated I'd move to Chernobyl. As for the pressure cooker, it's unimaginable for a Cuban to live without one. The only report I know of one ever exploding was in my own house some 45 years ago when we had to leave in a rush when my late brother broke an arm and mom forgot to turn it off. You should have seen the splatter of food all over the kitchen and the hole in the ceiling. Quite funny actually now that I think back on it.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I don't know how to use my microwave either. fortunately it takes voice commands. Just can't use it when the internet is down.

It's literally just a few buttons to press. Not that I'm a pro user or anything, but I do know hot to warm my food with it (even though I don't like microwaving food).

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have a project assignement to model/simulate an RMU device (Ring Main Unit) using a tool of my choice (it'll be Matlab/Simulink as always lol).
And I have to be honest, I've always enjoined these kinds of task and assignements rather than pure studying and taking tests and exams. I just have more freedom of choice in how I want things to work and look like, plus I learn A LOT in the process.

But I do understand that exams serve their point. I wouldn't have the knowledge needed to do this project had I not passed all my previous exams.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
It's literally just a few buttons to press. Not that I'm a pro user or anything, but I do know hot to warm my food with it (even though I don't like microwaving food).

Yes, same. I need to buy a microwave soon since my home didn't come with one. My electric cooktop is original to the house, so it's a vintage model. Literally vintage. So that will be a learning curve for me. It has buttons for levels.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a project assignement to model/simulate an RMU device (Ring Main Unit) using a tool of my choice (it'll be Matlab/Simulink as always lol).
And I have to be honest, I've always enjoined these kinds of task and assignements rather than pure studying and taking tests and exams. I just have more freedom of choice in how I want things to work and look like, plus I learn A LOT in the process.

But I do understand that exams serve their point. I wouldn't have the knowledge needed to do this project had I not passed all my previous exams.

Ooh this does sounds interesting. I wish you good luck with this.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't blame you.
Almost came very close to getting a new washer as well. Turned out to be a false alarm thankfully.

I'm glad that you didn't have to. Those things can be expensive. Because of space, I have to get a smaller one. I have one in mind that will work but figuring out the installation and setup is a whole thing. It's on the sites to buy but I might be out of the delivery radius. I have to see.

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site

Normally that wold be true, but is is also an air fryer and toaster oven all in one. It is so much easier to say " alexa cook 18 minutes at 400 degrees" or say "alexa microwave for two minutes" than to press all the buttons in the right order to get all of that done. I am getting lazy in my old age.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Ring.... Main Unit? Is that the One Ring to rule them all?
I'm in the midst if my Tolkien marathon... I recall watching the animated Bakshi film on TV in late 70s, and later managed to see it the cinema. Bigger screen matters. I progressed on with reading the novels, at least once a year!! Slight obsessed, I'd say.
The Peter Jackson's Fellowship of the rings is almost 20yrs old, rest of the trilogy still holds up very well, thank you...

Covid spiking here again, the vaccination rollout is just too slow. People are really pissed. Damn.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Meanwhile, I'm doing digging out my F.Herbert Dune novel in anticipation of Denis Villeneuve's version that's due for release later this year

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster