WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm scratching my head.
Why did the neighbourhood cat from across the road, climb up the roof next door, crawl through nooks and crannies, to make herself comfy along the ledge of my porch's ceiling.... stayed up there for two days... and pffff... and disappear again. Haha. Cats!!

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else here addicted to watching the live streams of the Fagradalsfjall volcano near Geldingadalir on the Reykjanes Peninsula, Iceland?
I rember my geography lessons from school or episodes on Nat Geo, but this is another level.
My routine is to watch live stream on YouTube, have it running as wallpaper on my TV with loads of music in the background.. Symphonies, classical minimalistic tone poem, post rock and Brian Eno works very well as soundtracks to volcanic eruptions and lava flows.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Sad that a person who spoke so furiously and emotionally about a genocide in Bosnia, supports another one being commited in Palestine.
Even worse that it is being conducted by the ones who suffered the worst tragedy in the modern history.

The hypocrisy.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Sad that a person who spoke so furiously and emotionally about a genocide in Bosnia, supports another one being commited in Palestine.
Even worse that it is being conducted by the ones who suffered the worst tragedy in the modern history.

The hypocrisy.
Umm, it always takes 2 for a fight and right now Hamas attacked so Israel has right to defend itself.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Umm, it always takes 2 for a fight and right now Hamas attacked so Israel has right to defend itself.

Reply, yes. But would you really call that a proportionate answer to a situation? Also, please take a look at the land they occupied, people they've forced out of their homes and relocated. Not to mention the constant abuse and kilings of the Palestinian people. That is the definition of an ethnic cleansing.

Note, Hamas is a weird one. Middle east is even more ****ed up than Balkan in more ways than imaginable. It's really hard for me to justify attrocities commited by Hamas, but you have to wonder what the mindset of the people there is like. They've literally been left alone to suffer.

No one is without a mistake, but I just can not understand how someone can defend the actions of Israel over the past years.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Reply, yes. But would you really call that a proportionate answer to a situation? Also, please take a look at the land they occupied, people they've forced out of their homes and relocated. Not to mention the constant abuse and kilings of the Palestinian people. That is the definition of an ethnic cleansing.

Note, Hamas is a weird one. Middle east is even more ****ed up than Balkan in more ways than imaginable. It's really hard for me to justify attrocities commited by Hamas, but you have to wonder what the mindset of the people there is like. They've literally been left alone to suffer.

No one is without a mistake, but I just can not understand how someone can defend the actions of Israel over the past years.
I mean from what I'm able to see in our media Hamas was targeting Israel in general, civilians included. Isreal just defended itself with their shield ( they are lucky that they have American support with technology) and in return attacked buildings where Hamas was.

About being forced of the area or not, in the past Jews were forced out of this area by Arabs, it was their land. Is this situation any different than giving Trieste to Italy after 2nd World War? Not really, expect we are not idiotic enough to battle with each other for how ever many years.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I mean from what I'm able to see in our media Hamas was targeting Israel in general, civilians included. Isreal just defended itself with their shield ( they are lucky that they have American support with technology) and in return attacked buildings where Hamas was.

About being forced of the area or not, in the past Jews were forced out of this area by Arabs, it was their land. Is this situation any different than giving Trieste to Italy after 2nd World War? Not really, expect we are not idiotic enough to battle with each other for how ever many years.

I wasn't talking about the Iron Dome. Please, go see a documentary where they go through Palestine, there are plenty. This is not the Iron Dome I'm talking about.

And when did they steal the land from them (genuine question)? Vast majority of the Israel's population emigrated from other countries. They had no land there. You can't say we've lived here 1500 years ago and claim the land then.

As far as Trieste considered, if I recall correctly, Italy was promised so much more than that, not with right, but I do get you. And don't they wish for their own independance?

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't talking about the Iron Dome. Please, go see a documentary where they go through Palestine, there are plenty. This is not the Iron Dome I'm talking about.

And when did they steal the land from them (genuine question)? Vast majority of the Israel's population emigrated from other countries. They had no land there. You can't say we've lived here 1500 years ago and claim the land then.

As far as Trieste considered, if I recall correctly, Italy was promised so much more than that, not with right, but I do get you. And don't they wish for their own independance?

Iron dome is a reason why there are so few casualties on Isreal side compared to Palestine, that was my point. Palestine isn't a good guy here, it is just the worse equipped one of the two.

As for when they took the land, apparently about 1000 years ago.
Don't know why they couldn't take the land though, it is part of dividing of the land after 2nd world war. They were given the land from brits but arabs said no. And yeah, people emigrated but because they were forced from everywhere else, first Hitler and then all arab countries.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Iron dome is a reason why there are so few casualties on Isreal side compared to Palestine, that was my point. Palestine isn't a good guy here, it is just the worse equipped one of the two.

As for when they took the land, apparently about 1000 years ago.
Don't know why they couldn't take the land though, it is part of dividing of the land after 2nd world war. They were given the land from brits but arabs said no. And yeah, people emigrated but because they were forced from everywhere else, first Hitler and then all arab countries.

You really seem to be following Newsmax or something. Hamas is not completely guilty free here, but saying the Israel is doing nothing wrong, I just don't know what to say. I don't know how can someone be blind to an ethnic cleansing.

They were welcomed after being shipped from Europe and you call Arabs the land stealers. No point arguing here.

And for the Arabs in Europe, no, they'll praise Israel for sure.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Some 1000 years ago, sure, that's nothing, almost like it was yesterday. If you see someone returning to a place a 1000 years after their ancestors left, can you really claim land and property? Really?

And saying Israel is only defending themselves, how is it 'defending' when you answer is literally tenfold devastating. How is it defending when you're occupying a soveregin territory, destroying existing homes and building new ones for the new settlers?

You're butthurt about Triest but can't understand the struggles of Palestinians for loosing territory against their own will by the UN and UK.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Some 1000 years ago, sure, that's nothing, almost like it was yesterday. If you see someone returning to a place a 1000 years after their ancestors left, can you really claim land and property? Really?

And saying Israel is only defending themselves, how is it 'defending' when you answer is literally tenfold devastating. How is it defending when you're occupying a soveregin territory, destroying existing homes and building new ones for the new settlers?

You're butthurt about Triest but can't understand the struggles of Palestinians for loosing territory against their own will by the UN and UK.

Ancestors didn't left, they were killed but sure. And after all, it is their holy land, however stupid I find this ideas, they were first there.

It is defending, if they wanted to attack they could wipe Gaza out no problem, they have means. The casualties are on Hamas, they started and if they can't defend then though luck for them. You don't attack someone with a knife if you know they have kevlar vest and a gun.

And how is screaming to bomb tel aviv and kill Jews and burning flags tolerated by the people who go on rampage if someone makes fun of their prophet is also unthinkable.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Ancestors didn't left, they were killed but sure. And after all, it is their holy land, however stupid I find this ideas, they were first there.

It is defending, if they wanted to attack they could wipe Gaza out no problem, they have means. The casualties are on Hamas, they started and if they can't defend then though luck for them. You don't attack someone with a knife if you know they have kevlar vest and a gun.

And how is screaming to bomb tel aviv and kill Jews and burning flags tolerated by the people who go on rampage if someone makes fun of their prophet is also unthinkable.

They were first. Bro. Christians came 2000 years ago and muslims in this form 1300 years ago. Again, you're using concepts that don't whistand time.

Israel fired more missiles in the past few days than they have since the start of the conflict, and your comment is tough luck? Was it tough love for Srebrenica as well? They attacked Serbian positions but they were better equiped so tough luck?

Burning flags? I'll act as I haven't read that. What would your desperate call be, were you in such situation?

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
They were first. Bro. Christians came 2000 years ago and muslims in this form 1300 years ago. Again, you're using concepts that don't whistand time.

Israel fired more missiles in the past few days than they have since the start of the conflict, and your comment is tough luck? Was it tough love for Srebrenica as well? They attacked Serbian positions but they were better equiped so tough luck?

Burning flags? I'll act as I haven't read that. What would your desperate call be, were you in such situation?

They got this land in the war and that's it, Isreal has right to it now.

Israel still fired less rockets than Hamas did in this days. That's all I have to say, I do wander if Hamas can be trusted when they report deaths.

It really isn't the same as Srebrenica though.

And yeah, protesters in Berlin, London an Paris really have right to be desperate, they really are so hurt because of this conflict, lol. They can go to palestine help with fights, no need to attack EU police forces and destroy our property.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
They got this land in the war and that's it, Isreal has right to it now.

Israel still fired less rockets than Hamas did in this days. That's all I have to say, I do wander if Hamas can be trusted when they report deaths.

It really isn't the same as Srebrenica though.

And yeah, protesters in Berlin, London an Paris really have right to be desperate, they really are so hurt because of this conflict, lol. They can go to palestine help with fights, no need to attack EU police forces and destroy our property.

That's not how it works. There was no war. To have a war it needs to be both sided, this wasn't. It's just Israel military harassing and removing people from their properties so the Jews could settle. Again, you really don't seem to be investing time to see what's happening but bother commenting.

It really does remind alot on Srebrenica. Maybe even more so on Prijedor or Bratunac.

Of course they are hurt. Every sane person should be.

And for the record, Slavs came to Balkan in 6th century at most, but more probably in the 7th. Does that justify the Illyrians to claim our land now?

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
That's not how it works. There was no war. To have a war it needs to be both sided, this wasn't. It's just Israel military harassing and removing people from their properties so the Jews could settle. Again, you really don't seem to be investing time to see what's happening but bother commenting.

It really does remind alot on Srebrenica. Maybe even more so on Prijedor or Bratunac.

Of course they are hurt. Every sane person should be.

And for the record, Slavs came to Balkan in 6th century at most, but more probably in the 7th. Does that justify the Illyrians to claim our land now?

I read that and also some other articles. https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-44124396

I stand behind my words. And reading this: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-13331522
it seems you are supporting terrorist organisation just like ISIS was. It seems like you see what you want to see and ignore what doesn't work for your views.

They are not hurt and they have no right to destroy symbols or property. Or does that mean that after every terrorist attack we had in Europe we could go out to protest by burning muslim symbols and damaging mosques?

And no they can't claim whole Balkan, they can get a part if they come back to say hi. Because Isreal isn't single place where Jews lived, and you probably know that.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
From what I've read in the history books (not just the white ones), the Palestinians lived in that region long before the Hebrews. A burning bush does not entitle the Hebrews to that land. For perspective, I've always loved this meme mocking the white man's claim to the US land.

C92B6649-27A3-44DD-A64B-A39DE354985B.jpeg

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I read that and also some other articles. https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-44124396

I stand behind my words. And reading this: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-13331522
it seems you are supporting terrorist organisation just like ISIS was. It seems like you see what you want to see and ignore what doesn't work for your views.

They are not hurt and they have no right to destroy symbols or property. Or does that mean that after every terrorist attack we had in Europe we could go out to protest by burning muslim symbols and damaging mosques?

And no they can't claim whole Balkan, they can get a part if they come back to say hi. Because Isreal isn't single place where Jews lived, and you probably know that.

Oh man, did you just call me an ISIS supporter? Not even going to comment that. I think you have issues with the overwhelming number of immigrants that have come to Europe during the last migration crisis. I do as well kind of, but I dont hate them. And I certainly don't hate the Palestinians cause I have issues with illegal immigrants.

I never said I'm a 100% objective, but neither are you. To contrast, I don't fully support or justify the actions of Hamas. But they are labeled a terrorist organisation mainly because they get their weapons from black market. Just like we did back in the 90s and would do so any time of the day again.
You can't expect someone to give up their rights to defend just so you would be satisifed and you'd stop calling them terrorist.

There is also Fatas FYI. But I'm sure they'll be a terrorst organisation for you as well.
We haven't even actually touched on the subject that's a very probable cause for the last events.

They can burn your flag. Anyone can burn your flag. Anyone can burn anyone's flag.
Now I really have no idea of which churches or sinagogs you're talking about and I'd really like to know. If anyone damaged of vandalised them, be sure I can not support such actions. Also, burning a flag = destroying a mosque. Bruh.

So you're saying anywhere where Jews lived should be a sovereign territory of Israel? What? And no, they had no right to that land even back in the '47. Jews that ALREADY lived there had full rights, but not the ones that came from other places. Sorry, that is the reality.
1947 is since long gone and actions can't be undone. It would be irrational to expect the Jews to completely leave now, just as it would be to assume that the Palestinians would give up rights to their homeland.

I applied the same logic for Balkan that you applied for Palestine. The Albanians would have the rights then to expell us all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion