WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Hello been awhile.
Recap... Me and wife completed our 2nd dose couple of weeks back. We're good, just mild reactions, sore shoulders....
Malaysia hit the millionth infection today which for a nation of 33 million is really bad. They screwed up on getting the rollout til late, too slow and too little...
Its faster now, but what a mess. There were numerous incidence at vaccination centres of people receiving "empty" jabs i.e. jabbing in and pulling without pushing the vaccine out of the syringe into the body" - it smell of a syndicated wide-spread theft.
We have so many variations of MCO, travel restrictions, scewy SOPs - people are just frustrated and the numbers just kept peaking and peaking.
Parliament has been suspended for months and set to resume on Monday. As usual, we get MPs falling sick and getting Covid this few days and going into self-quarantine. Bunch of cowards.
Man, I miss going to the farm. There is a restriction on interdistrict travel. Its almost a year since I last visited. There is not one working on the land, it must have revert to a jungle by now... I miss seeing the land and the jackfruit, durian, pineapple and durian fruit trees
Stay safe, ya all

A farm that had not seen work for a year, man, strap yourself for a serious work once you go back.

Hoping everything ends well for you and your family and people of Malaysia as well.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have to say, being lazy felt good for like, 5 days. Then it just got boring. Now I'm stuck between not having anything to do and not wanting to study yet. Just a weird feeling after being constantly bombarded with obligations.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I have to say, being lazy felt good for like, 5 days. Then it just got boring. Now I'm stuck between not having anything to do and not wanting to study yet. Just a weird feeling after being constantly bombarded with obligations.

I can imagine how that feels. It is weird for sure. What do you plan to do now?

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
A farm that had not seen work for a year, man, strap yourself for a serious work once you go back.

Hoping everything ends well for you and your family and people of Malaysia as well.
I don't look fwd to ceiling high weeds and wild trees.... eroded paths, clogged drainage & culverts, pest and disease.... squatters and thievery...
We had don't mind the kids from the nearby villages helping themselves with some of the fruits, it'll go to waste anyway but we have a terrible neighbour who steals our stuff.
We have considered selling it whole or part of, that will go towards another venture. But the Covid situation makes it very dicey

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I don't look fwd to ceiling high weeds and wild trees.... eroded paths, clogged drainage & culverts, pest and disease.... squatters and thievery...
We had don't mind the kids from the nearby villages helping themselves with some of the fruits, it'll go to waste anyway but we have a terrible neighbour who steals our stuff.
We have considered selling it whole or part of, that will go towards another venture. But the Covid situation makes it very dicey

I know what it's like to 'clean" a farm, trust me, I know.

There's always going to be kids picking fruit, that's just a joy of being a kid. But the stealing stuff is just outright crime. I had a similar situation some years before, where a guy would casually come to our land, pick some plums and raspberries and just leave. And not a handful, but like a larger bucket. Some people.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I know what it's like to 'clean" a farm, trust me, I know.

There's always going to be kids picking fruit, that's just a joy of being a kid. But the stealing stuff is just outright crime. I had a similar situation some years before, where a guy would casually come to our land, pick some plums and raspberries and just leave. And not a handful, but like a larger bucket. Some people.
The neighbour have a small herd of goats, which always make their way into our area to graze... Sometimes, occasionally, I dream of delicious succulent fresh mutton curry

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Cool synths!!

and visuals. I'm bought back to days of WinAmp plug-ins visualisation!!

Thank you!

Ah yes WinAmp. Oh the memories!

I’m glad you mentioned this, as I thought I should point something out that may not be so obvious:

The app that I’ve been using for these pieces, “VS - Visual Synthesizer” is unlike ANY of the million and one different “visualization” apps and programs we’ve seen throughout the 90’s and to date.

As the name of the app implies, this is a visual “Synthesizer”, where instead of simply reacting to audio, the visual elements are composed with MIDI and programmed by the user via tools you’d find on a typical subtractive synth. (ADSR generators, envelope generators, LFOs (low frequency oscillators) amplitude modulators, filters, etc) you get the idea.

So while I’m composing the musical synths, at the same time, for each sound, I can compose an associated visual element to represent it at the same time.

It’s really a fascinating piece of creative software, and one that has captivated me since its release!

https://www.imaginando.pt/products/vs-visual-synthesizer

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
With that, here’s my latest production!

I just got the new M1 powered iPad Pro 12.9 w/1TB and decided to see what it could do!

This piece has several Synthesizer tracks and an improvised guitar lead track.

I’m super proud of how this one turned out! Please give it a spin and let me know what you think!

https://youtu.be/w9KZyAS5uOU

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

I just got the new M1 powered iPad Pro 12.9 w/1TB and decided to see what it could do!

I’m super proud of how this one turned out! Please give it a spin and let me know what you think!

I don't play any instrument, I'm just a "push-the-play-button" aficionado!
One of my schoolmate has been playing keyboards/synths since the 70s, he probably get a kick out of your tracks.... Don't mind if I share your posts on an FB page for Synths lovers in Asia!!

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
after a couple of weeks, I finally got the ring security system set up[. I got the five piece setup when they were on sale for 119 instead of 199 a few weeks ago. Plus I got free shipping and another 10 percent off for having their protection plan for cloud recording on the ringcams already installed. I was surprised how easy it was to set up. Now I hope there will not be too many false siren alarms because my neighbor on the other side of the duplex would shoot me since I work nights.

It took forever to decide on a security system and cams. First I had guardzilla, hated it, cloudcams but it was discontinued, I think I would still be with them if they were not discontinued. nest cams but too expensive but great geotracking, wyze cams but no geotracking, could not turn on via voice, and subscription fee was too high since it was per camera. Finally settled for ring, mainly because unlimited cameras for one fee and fully compatible with alexa.

Now what to do with the other cams. gave away the six wyze yesterday, got two cloudcams, three nestcams sitting in a drawer gathering dust. Most likely soon the local humane society will get them. guardzilla got tossed last year, I really hated it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
after a couple of weeks, I finally got the ring security system set up[. I got the five piece setup when they were on sale for 119 instead of 199 a few weeks ago. Plus I got free shipping and another 10 percent off for having their protection plan for cloud recording on the ringcams already installed. I was surprised how easy it was to set up. Now I hope there will not be too many false siren alarms because my neighbor on the other side of the duplex would shoot me since I work nights.

It took forever to decide on a security system and cams. First I had guardzilla, hated it, cloudcams but it was discontinued, I think I would still be with them if they were not discontinued. nest cams but too expensive but great geotracking, wyze cams but no geotracking, could not turn on via voice, and subscription fee was too high since it was per camera. Finally settled for ring, mainly because unlimited cameras for one fee and fully compatible with alexa.

Now what to do with the other cams. gave away the six wyze yesterday, got two cloudcams, three nestcams sitting in a drawer gathering dust. Most likely soon the local humane society will get them. guardzilla got tossed last year, I really hated it.

I think it's very kind of you to share the cameras you have tried. That's good to know about the Ring security system. I am curious about that as someone that has the doorbell and a stick up cam for the back of my home.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
One of our presidents (you read that right, we've got 3 of those) refused to allow our military to help with severe on going fires. Why would a president do that to it's people? Well he's a Serb and the population living in the area where the fires are, is mostly Croat and Bosniaks. Splendid.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Now, I don't know why I remembered this, but did you know that there is this Bosnian kick boxer who almost lost a fixed match, back in '96 or something.

Match was literally fixed. The opponent was blatantly letting our guy hit him as much as he wanted. Some time in the last round, something seriously pissed off the Dutch guy and he basically knocked the **** out of Bosnian. That was a clear classic knock out.

But then, the Dutch realises what he's done and starts apologising and running around trying to fix the situation. Coaches and staff gets into the ring, they start arguing with the referee. Outcome? They continuou the fight and Bosnian wins lol.

Rock group Zabranjeno pušenje (No smoking) even made the song inspired by the event called Tigar iz Kladnja (Tiger from Kladanj (town in Bosnia)).

Only in my country.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't play any instrument, I'm just a "push-the-play-button" aficionado!
One of my schoolmate has been playing keyboards/synths since the 70s, he probably get a kick out of your tracks.... Don't mind if I share your posts on an FB page for Synths lovers in Asia!!

Sweet! please share away!

I did this one a couple nights ago. Dedicated it to a good friend who passed away last week from the covid virus.

https://youtu.be/1nybwSjx-0A

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
And another piece where I’ve been experimenting with the modular synthesis of Drambo and it’s Euclidean Sequencer. Here I’m using the Layers Mixer to mix 8 layers of Euclidean sequencers and then several other instruments to compliment the piece.

Of course I then send several channels of MIDI data to VS - Visual Synthesizer and GlitchClip for the visuals which begin at 1:25 in this particular experiment.

https://youtu.be/GEeKWApyIpw

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I love both of these compositions. The visuals are very cool, as well as the audio. That's wild that you are able to use that software for the visuals as well as the audio. I love the colours and waves on the second video. That is so relaxing and spacy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3