Windows OS a lesser operating system?

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
So I went to best buy to check out blue tooth speakers the other day and saw the Samsung area ( I don't know what else to call it ). I started flipping through the home screens of the S4. The sales person walked up to me and told me if I was interested in purchasing I should head right over to the mobile department. I'm not interested. She asked why, I told her I prefered the smoother experience of the WP OS. She said she was sorry but that is not what team samsung offers, then pointed to her name tag that read team Samsung and her name. I asked her shouldn't the ativ be among these phones? The she said, we don't support lesser Operating systems ( like what the hell does that mean? ). That people are not able to show off bland designs and need helpful apps like S voice or S fit ( I'm going to assume that's bloatware that's included in android ). So left, not 2 seconds later she appears right next to me and points to the sign on the wall and says we're team samsung. We're trying to get the word out and promoting it as fast as we can. She is probably the most annoying sales person I had to deal with.

They have the ativ and the ativ odyssey. Shouldn't they be promoting them?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I'm not surprised. Samsung hasn't really done much in the way of promoting Windows Phone lately. It seems like everything is about Android.

NTUser

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
The she said, we don't support lesser Operating systems ( like what the hell does that mean? ).
1J33Kq4.gif

Samsuck and Android, birds of a feather flock together I suppose.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Salesmen in the field are the worst enemy of Windows Phone. My fiance bought her 920 the week that the GS4 was released, and the sales lady would NOT let her see the Windows Phones (in the back of the room) until she had made her actually hold a GS4 and listen to the spiel. She was incredibly rude, and I wanted to walk out....but I realized the sad realization that the employees in the next at&t store were probably no better.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Salesmen in the field are the worst enemy of Windows Phone. My fiance bought her 920 the week that the GS4 was released, and the sales lady would NOT let her see the Windows Phones (in the back of the room) until she had made her actually hold a GS4 and listen to the spiel. She was incredibly rude, and I wanted to walk out....but I realized the sad realization that the employees in the next at&t store were probably no better.

This seems very odd and certainly not the norm. Average sales person may not like WP but I have never heard of one making someone listen to info on one phone before seeing anothing...

Ronny2756

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I had a different experience at an att store, the sales person was commenting how her boss had one and it was cool phone.. But of course it was the weekend the Lumia 920 was released but I think att may be the most friendly place to get a windows phone and I was lucky they had one red one in the back...

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I would have said "I refuse to listen about the GS4. Show me the 920 or you lose your commission". And had she still made me listen to the GS4 I would have said "Bye then" and walked out.

kingkoopa09

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I walk into best buy with my surface and my Lumia 920 and use it in the apple and Samsung section and tell I was just looking at how garbage there products are compared to mine especially looking at overall price. Right now u get a surface rt with keyboard and Lumia 920 for less than an iPad and do more. They try to get me to work at best buy but they don't pay too busy making engineer money $$$ but its fun to pick at naive people who just see a brand or what every has.... I laugh when android users complain there phone sux after about a month or two or how phones crash and lose all their contacts... I've had WP since Samsung focus release and haven't lost a single item... I can pull up nearly anything on want nearly anywhere

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Well a similar thing happened when I went to the at&t store with a friend of mine. In the end he walked out with an 8x because of some deal they had going on. When he wanted to see a WP 8 device, they said they had no working floor models at the time. So they started doing their pitch about the GS4. When he told her he wasn't interested, she started talking about the GS4 active. So he had to raise his voice and told her to stop showing the same garbage in different dressing.

It seems to me you have to be rude to show them your really not interested.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Well a similar thing happened when I went to the at&t store with a friend of mine. In the end he walked out with an 8x because of some deal they had going on. When he wanted to see a WP 8 device, they said they had no working floor models at the time. So they started doing their pitch about the GS4. When he told her he wasn't interested, she started talking about the GS4 active. So he had to raise his voice and told her to stop showing the same garbage in different dressing.

It seems to me you have to be rude to show them your really not interested.

He should have shouted "I do not want an Android phone, am I clear?" at the top of his voice lol

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
This seems very odd and certainly not the norm. Average sales person may not like WP but I have never heard of one making someone listen to info on one phone before seeing anothing...

To be fair, I had no trouble when I purchased my 920 on launch day. That salesman at least seemed to be excited about wp8.

zacman

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
To be fair it's not only the sales people's fault. At least in Germany WP has a huge return rate (about three times higher than Android). As store people also get performance commission you don't wanna sell someone a phone when there is a high percent rate that he will return it. Companies cannot sell returned phones as new anymore, the company is losing money that way.

Bottom line: MS listen to customer complaints and wishes so people don't return there phones anymore!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Oh boy. More clueless sales people. Wonder if it occured to them that perhaps they could actually sell those so-called "lesser prdoucts" to people if they actually tried. I mean isn't their job to sell products? Totally agree with your closing statement OP.

I hate this perception that WP is a lesser experience. Why can it not simply be described as a different experience. There are people who want this experience.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
A lesser OS?

Oh well, thank god i don't live in America, i'd get in trouble for yelling at the staff.

How rude of them to ignore, IGNORE! what phone YOU want to get.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I would have said "I refuse to listen about the GS4. Show me the 920 or you lose your commission". And had she still made me listen to the GS4 I would have said "Bye then" and walked out.

You have better patience than I. As soon as I said I wanted a 920 and was offered the S4, I would have asked for a different salesman. I tend to never be rude to strangers (unless I'm playing on Xbox LIVE, haha), but I also have a low tolerance for stupidity and incompetence, so I would have wanted away from that person ASAP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte