08-19-2013 02:45 PM
42 12
tools
    This sucks! Not the thread, I love the this thread! My apartment sucks, because they don't allow us to BBQ on our balcony. I had to purchase one of those grills that sits right on top of my stove.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-07-2013 12:36 PM
    This sucks! Not the thread, I love the this thread! My apartment sucks, because they don't allow us to BBQ on our balcony. I had to purchase one of those grills that sits right on top of my stove.
    I know what you mean. I lived in apartments for well over a decade and none of them allowed grills. It was terrible. What grill is it that sits on your stove? I haven't seen one of those, I don't think.
    08-08-2013 11:10 AM
    I know what you mean. I lived in apartments for well over a decade and none of them allowed grills. It was terrible. What grill is it that sits on your stove? I haven't seen one of those, I don't think.
    It was a gift from a friend:

Amazon.com: JoyLife BBQ Grill Pan ED-G103 36cm x 30cm: Kitchen & Dining
    08-08-2013 11:40 AM
    Ah ha, I see. Interesting. That would work pretty well on a gas stove, I'd think. The problem is you wouldn't get that charred flavor that only a grill can bestow upon grilled foods. But hey, better than nothing!
    08-08-2013 01:48 PM
    Ah ha, I see. Interesting. That would work pretty well on a gas stove, I'd think. The problem is you wouldn't get that charred flavor that only a grill can bestow upon grilled foods. But hey, better than nothing!
    Exactly! Not the same, but it comes in handy, especially now that football season has started!
    08-08-2013 02:12 PM
    haha too bad, i love onions! i could cut a big one in half, grill it till it gets sweet and juicy and just eat it alllll up!

:D

Was hoping to find these lamb sausages today at the whole foods market, but some @sshat came in right before me and bought ALL of them, like 30! I couldnt believe it.

So the trusty back up of NY Strips tomorrow with corn and a BBQ bean salad, yes, bbq bean salad, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    08-10-2013 08:22 PM
    I do.

wp_20130712_001.jpg
    ninjaap and B1zzle like this.
    08-10-2013 10:01 PM
    grilled some stuff for tonight's dinner and tomorrow's dinner

whole foods makes a huge variety of their own sausages
    they have this one call louisiana hot links chicken sausage
    so tasty
    grilled a few of those and some breasts of chicken for tomorrow

& a fun little color pop pic for fun

ninjaap likes this.
    08-12-2013 10:40 PM
    jasqid, is that bacon wrapped around some kielbasa slices?
    08-12-2013 10:43 PM
    Here in South Africa, we call it 'braaing' - so, we're having a 'braai' - ons gooi 'n lekker braai (we're 'throwing' a nice braai) in Afrikaans :)
    ninjaap and B1zzle like this.
    08-13-2013 05:24 AM
    grilled some stuff for tonight's dinner and tomorrow's dinner

whole foods makes a huge variety of their own sausages
    they have this one call louisiana hot links chicken sausage
    so tasty
    grilled a few of those and some breasts of chicken for tomorrow

& a fun little color pop pic for fun
    http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2828/9...2e57335c_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3767/9...3b1dfa1e_b.jpg
    Color pop is cool. Grey meat...not so much
    08-13-2013 07:09 AM
    Sigh I miss BBQing.

Ever since I moved to the UK from Australia I haven't had a BBQ. No apartments allow them here and they don't have communal ones. :(

Hoping to get a house some day soon and get one again though!
    08-13-2013 07:10 AM
    Gosh dang it people, BBQ is a type of food, grilling is a method for cooking.

Stop using the term BBQ to refer to grilling!!. GRRRRRRRR

/rant.

Love grilling steaks and veggies. IMO, nothing beats a ribeye grilled to perfection. Heck, I'd rather eat my own prepared ribeye rather than pay an expensive steakhouse price for a steak that may or may not be good. Too many times, I order a steak "medium" and am given either bloody rare, or burnt to a crisp well done.
    08-16-2013 08:46 AM

/rant.

Love grilling steaks and veggies. IMO, nothing beats a ribeye grilled to perfection. Heck, I'd rather eat my own prepared ribeye rather than pay an expensive steakhouse price for a steak that may or may not be good. Too many times, I order a steak "medium" and am given either bloody rare, or burnt to a crisp well done.
    You must be from the South. I am from NY, and we always called in BBQing. Moved to GA when I was 20, and it was sacrilege.
    B1zzle likes this.
    08-16-2013 09:14 AM
    yeah im in VA, so can say either :P

You know what tomorrow is???????? SUNDAY

SUNDAY = Grill Day

What to grill?

Suggestions: 3 2 1 go
    08-17-2013 08:04 PM
    I do :)

wp_20130728_002.jpg

Not cooked yet but very good at the end!
    08-19-2013 10:48 AM

/rant.

raised in TN. BBQ is often used to refer to an event as well: we're having a BBQ at the lake. Though technically not correct, I find it acceptable. However, using the word BBQ to describe grilling of steaks, burgers, and hot dogs just isn't right. But it's all tasty to me and my stomach overrules my brain. Here's to cooking with flame!
    08-19-2013 02:45 PM
42 12