08-10-2013 11:22 AM
59 123
tools
    The Surface is a cautionary tale of what Microsoft continues to do to shoot itself in the foot.
    Apple will most likely continue to dominate the tablet space for years to come because of so many reasons not the least of witch is a simple concept:

Work Smart. Not hard.

You can list all of the limitations a typical iPad has all day. That's not the point. Apple has backed up their mind share and slick marketing with a simple and undeniable fact. The things their products can do? They do it better than anyone else.

Quality build? Check.
    Seamless integration of CPU & OS? Check. VAST app store full of QUALITY apps? Check.

Microsoft needs to go whole hog & stop compromising if they intend to get a toehold in the tablet space. That means pushing functional updates with new features and bug fixes FAST. That means cutting edge hardware optimized to run RT or full Windows 8 with no lag or bugginess.

No matter how many things the Surface can do that iPads can't it doesn't mean a darn thing if what the Surface does is not done well.

Make superior tech as aesthetically pleasing as possible, undercut Apples overpriced hardware as much as possible, stop dragging your feet with app and content developers and above all make devices that just WORK. Right out of the box. No compromises.
    dc9super80 likes this.
    08-09-2013 06:24 PM
    To the poster that said the ipad was simple to use for viewing email, browsing internet using facebook etc, while not needing the complexity of a PC - well how hard is it to do those things on a surface (or any Win8 tablet)?

Let's see you just power on the device and from the start screen click whatever you want to open. Swipe down to close. It's simple really. But hey if you wanted to do more you're not limited and everyone loves extra features.

The Apple shills have been brainwashed into thinking that if it doesn't have an Apple logo you need a computer science degree to operate it properly. If your old relative can setup and ipad then he/she can most likely setup an Android or Win8 tablet.
    08-09-2013 11:37 PM
    To the poster that said the ipad was simple to use for viewing email, browsing internet using facebook etc, while not needing the complexity of a PC - well how hard is it to do those things on a surface (or any Win8 tablet)?...

...The Apple shills have been brainwashed into thinking that if it doesn't have an Apple logo you need a computer science degree to operate it properly. If your old relative can setup and ipad then he/she can most likely setup an Android or Win8 tablet.
    Or how hard is a PC to use... With win 8, it's the same game ;)
    08-09-2013 11:59 PM
    I don't own many apple products (I do have an iPad, but that's it) but I do respect what they do. The devotion of their fans is a bit extreme, but overall its great that the tech industry has such competition.
    08-10-2013 09:45 AM
    Honestly, claiming Apple has paid tech sites off to praise their products is quite silly. First of all, why would the company care about what tech sites post or believe, especially when most of them are small and relatively unknown? Second, not to take anything away from Microsoft, but Apple's products ARE Top quality. I own five of its devices, and my MacBook Pro was one of the best purchases I've ever made, period.
    08-10-2013 09:54 AM
    Maybe Microsoft should start to build their own notebooks... Beatiful, well designed and put together devices sold with a a resonable price. Hope that next-gen Surface tablets will start to sell really well. Redesing those aweful Windows 8/Phone Stores, deliver quality apps/games and spin the marketing inferno. For me it looks like Microsoft doesn't see or doesen't want to see how profitable and important are tablet/smartphone markets nowadays.

The thing with Apple. I really like my iPad 3, and would love to own MBP 13 Retina, but its price is a killer for me (almost 2000 dollars here in Poland). For about 1300 $ I could have a beatiful Sony Pro 13 with brilliant full HD screen, 128 SSD Drive, Intel Hashwell all put into extra slick and light unibody.
    dc9super80 likes this.
    08-10-2013 10:05 AM
    I don't own many apple products (I do have an iPad, but that's it) but I do respect what they do. The devotion of their fans is a bit extreme, but overall its great that the tech industry has such competition.
    What would you say about MSFT or BBRY fans' devotion? Apple makes really nice products that work really well. I have a Nexus 7 to scratch my incessasant Android itch, but iOS though much more limited works so much better. And not to sound like a stuck the apps are light years ahead, the look and work a lot better. Plus there are a few I can't even get on my Nexus. Yes apple has a following but many new people are finding them and sticking with them because they like the experience albeit the cost.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    08-10-2013 10:43 AM
    Microsoft has great potential with Win8/WP8 and Xbox One. Don't now if Ballmer is to blame in terms of really slow integration between Win 8 ans WP8, but once we have a perfectly working ecosystem between all Redmond's devices things should be much better. It's a real shame that we don't have an official YouTube app (one we have is pathetic, second we had was superb but put down due Google request) and i can't buy games for my Xbox 360 straight from my WP8 Xbox app. Yeah, games - look how many high quality mobile games Apple has in their offer, many people enjoy gaming on their smartphones and tablets. What we have? Halo: Spartan Assault is nice, Angry Birds are everywhere, where's Deus Ex: The Fall, GTA III and so on?
    08-10-2013 11:00 AM
    Microsoft has great potential with Win8/WP8 and Xbox One. Don't now if Ballmer is to blame in terms of really slow integration between Win 8 ans WP8, but once we have a perfectly working ecosystem between all Redmond's devices things should be much better. It's a real shame that we don't have an official YouTube app (one we have is pathetic, second we had was superb but put down due Google request) and i can't buy games for my Xbox 360 straight from my WP8 Xbox app. Yeah, games - look how many high quality mobile games Apple has in their offer, many people enjoy gaming on their smartphones and tablets. What we have? Halo: Spartan Assault is nice, Angry Birds are everywhere, where's Deus Ex: The Fall, GTA III and so on?
    If MSFT makes a serious push with Xbox games and their other computing platforms, they would clean up the market...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    08-10-2013 11:22 AM
59 123