Apple propaganda?

Psyk00

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I've recently looked on some of the tech sites and one thing just doesn't feel right. In many cases their content is pro Mac/iPhone/iPad - all I read is that Apple delivers high quality devices, operating systems and unbeatable amounts of gorgeus apps, while Microsoft's and Windows notebook manufacturers offer is inferior. What the hell, did Apple's marketing ate all the brains on this planet or Redmond is really going down? I have a third generation iPad and i like it, but it feels like a nicely wraped experience that tries to hypnotize people with slick and pleasing UI, at the same time being stubborn not to offer really new and groundbreaking things (dividing screen on W8). So Apple - bling-bling overpriced stuff or Microsoft's killer in the upcoming years?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree with you and it drives me crazy some times.

I couldn't listen to Kid Kraddick on the radio cause it seemed like he would go out of his way to mention apple products every day.

Psyk00

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
It seems that Apple pays a lot of money to create a vision of super-devices that they make and dirty peasants that use Windows/whatever else in mass media.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I mentioned this in another thread.

PC world on Tottenham court road in London have a massive apple poster up with a picture of an ipad4 and an ipad mini. The slogan underneath.
"Two sizes to do all".

False advertising of the highest order.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I've recently looked on some of the tech sites and one thing just doesn't feel right. In many cases their content is pro Mac/iPhone/iPad - all I read is that Apple delivers high quality devices, operating systems and unbeatable amounts of gorgeus apps, while Microsoft's and Windows notebook manufacturers offer is inferior. What the hell, did Apple's marketing ate all the brains on this planet or Redmond is really going down? I have a third generation iPad and i like it, but it feels like a nicely wraped experience that tries to hypnotize people with slick and pleasing UI, at the same time being stubborn not to offer really new and groundbreaking things (dividing screen on W8). So Apple - bling-bling overpriced stuff or Microsoft's killer in the upcoming years?

Surface is an utter failure in numbers or profits.

iPad had been the most successful product for Apple which crossed sales of 100 million devices in 2 years.

Not to forget how many people returned surface back and reviews been bad compared to excellent consumer satisfaction rating of iPad and highly rated by critics

That must tell you something , right ?

People don't want to own a PC with different form factor like surface.

If they want serious stuff , there are ultrabooks , laptops and desktops.

If they want consumption device , there are android tablets and iPads.

People are not looking to buy "another computer" (in other words surface) , they want to buy something easier to use , gives all day battery life and light weight.

Leaving surface aside ,
RT is mixed bag which is bad at everything.

.It doesn't have apps what consumers are looking for.Its a new platform.

It cannot compete at low end , it cant compete at Apple pricing.

Its DOA.

Psyk00

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Heck, I even started to believe that buying a new MBP 13 and IP5 for something about 4000 dollars in my country would be a ride to heaven from my Sammy 13 Ultrabook and Lumia 920... Still, I don't have that kind of cash and even if i had, I would feel plain stupid to throw my money at overpriced (hugely overpriced) stuff. Thank you poor Poland...

@Sanjay

Surface seems to be a great device for me. Only the lack off apps... I really like those high quality games on my iPad...

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

iPad had been the most successful product for Apple which crossed sales of 100 million devices in 2 years.

Not to forget how many people returned surface back and reviews been bad compared to excellent consumer satisfaction rating of iPad and highly rated by critics

People are not looking to buy "another computer" (in other words surface) , they want to buy something easier to use , gives all day battery life and light weight.

Leaving surface aside ,

Its DOA.

What you been smokin' son?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

But is that any different than all the pro WP/RT posts you read on here? Even the most passionate Microsoft fanboys will admit that WP & RT need to change or add things to catch up to the big boys, yet in another breath they'll say how superior they are.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
If you want to understand what I said earlier in the comment.

I will give you an example ,
Imagine that you have a book which physically exists (a hard copy) and lets say that someone made the same book in digital format which can be viewed in computer or tablet etc. (a soft copy)
If you have read the hard copy of the book , then there is no reason to buy a soft copy because content is the same word by word except the fact that you can use touch screen/mouse to flip pages in soft copy instead of hands.

Thats exactly how I see surface , its the same "old boring PC which we all have in work/home/everywhere literally in a shiny form , Nothing new to offer".
Now Imagine that a book is translated into something different completely.For example , the story in the book is made into a movie.The movie doesn't have all the parts of the book.It only has important aspects.It doesn't have every single thing written in a book , It has a mixture of scenes which forms into a movie.

iPad is something like that.It doesn't offer everything (like the book) but It offers exactly what people want (like a movie).

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

Leaving surface aside ,

Its DOA.

Sanjay, sometimes I wonder why you come here. Your certainly not a fan of anything MSFT.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't disagree more. My surface does everything I need and more. There is no way an ipad could come close. Surface offers so much more. Maybe if you weren't so mad at Microsoft in every thread, you might see it.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If you want to understand what I said earlier in the comment.

I will give you an example ,
Imagine that you have a book which physically exists (a hard copy) and lets say that someone made the same book in digital format which can be viewed in computer or tablet etc. (a soft copy)
If you have read the hard copy of the book , then there is no reason to buy a soft copy because content is the same word by word except the fact that you can use touch screen/mouse to flip pages in soft copy instead of hands.

Thats exactly how I see surface , its the same "old boring PC which we all have in work/home/everywhere literally in a shiny form , Nothing new to offer".
Now Imagine that a book is translated into something different completely.For example , the story in the book is made into a movie.The movie doesn't have all the parts of the book.It only has important aspects.It doesn't have every single thing written in a book , It has a mixture of scenes which forms into a movie.

iPad is something like that.It doesn't offer everything (like the book) but It offers exactly what people want (like a movie).

Books are ALWAYS better than the movies. Id take a book any day of the week.

Psyk00

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok, someone tell me what's this magic bull**** behind Macs and istuff, "not a computer, but an experience". Hipster garbage or people really feel like touching God when using Apple's stuff?

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to gladly disagree with Rush Limbaugh and say that Apple is the media darling. Just about anything you hear or read about Apple makes it sound like the best thing since sliced bread. As a result most folks don't even bother to check anything else.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Movies have better commercial success than books because that's how the modern world works.

Yeah they would do ?5 for a book ?15 for a movie that's a 3:1 profit ratio straight away.

I can also drop my ?5 book and not worry about it, drop my ?15 movie and its likely to get scratched be unusable and need replacing.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to gladly disagree with Rush Limbaugh and say that Apple is the media darling. Just about anything you hear or read about Apple makes it sound like the best thing since sliced bread. As a result most folks don't even bother to check anything else.

Since when did Apple start slicing bread?? Is this something innovative in iOS7??? :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss