So MS, in its wisdom, prompted (forced) me to "update my security info". The option was either "log off", or "update info". Which is probably good to do--my backup e-mail was really old, and I don't use it anymore.

But in the process of removing that e-mail from as my backup, MS will lock me out of my e-mail for...not too sure how long. If I try to sign in, it gave me two options:
    1) Cancel the process (hence not being able to log in until I redo everything)
    2) Wait until the process is finished (I believe it says something like 30 days, just to make sure that if I'm a hacker, the actual owner will probably drop by and notice that this process is going on in that space of time).

So I have no access to my e-mail for 30 days. Hmm...might as well just delete my account, why don't you, MS?
    08-09-2013 09:48 AM
    Call them. 1-800-MICROSOFT. It's easy.
    08-09-2013 10:16 AM
    If your not using it, as you state, then why are you concerned?
    08-09-2013 10:16 AM
    It's my backup e-mail on Yahoo.com that I'm no longer using.
    I am using my hotmail account, which is currently locked so that I could remove my Yahoo.com account from it. (And as I stated, I am unable to log in unless I remove the Yahoo account).

I just hope the lack of access wouldn't glitch up my phone again. Last time when google did their update, my phone (which was linked to it) glitched up and got infinite push notifications (it kept ringing that there is a new message, but the message was just repeats of the last one), and I had to do a factory reset. I'm not looking forward to doing that again.
    08-09-2013 07:19 PM
    I would call Microsoft as well. They have generally been pretty helpful when I have had issues with products.
    08-09-2013 07:39 PM
    Unfortunately, I'm not in the US. I do not have 2 hours to waste on call centers (that's the average wait time for call centers in my country). Guess I'll stick to praying that it won't glitch and just create another e-mail in the meantime.
    08-09-2013 10:46 PM
    Unfortunately, I'm not in the US. I do not have 2 hours to waste on call centers (that's the average wait time for call centers in my country). Guess I'll stick to praying that it won't glitch and just create another e-mail in the meantime.
    You could probably find an support email address you could use. That said, try a few different times of the day to call and see if you can get through faster.
    08-09-2013 10:48 PM