Quitting smoking

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
We all know that smoking is bad for our health and wallets. I'm thinking about giving it up after 8 years of smoking about 20, sometimes even 30 cigaretts a day. Right now I have just a couple of them left in a pack and guess what, yep, will try to dump this dumb addiction again. Someone succeded with becoming nicotine free? I know - just realize you pay hard money for lungs/throat/etc cancer, but it's not that simple. Behavioral addicition, which smoking in 90% is, is a tough contender ;/

That's a great decision! Not only is it bad for your health, but it's also very expensive. Did you ever think about it that you probably smoked away a Lumia 1020 every year?:straight:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That's a great decision! Not only is it bad for your health, but it's also very expensive. Did you ever think about it that you probably smoked away a Lumia 1020 every year?:straight:

What state do you live in where I can only smoke a 1020 per year? At $7/pack (Miami prices), even smoking just a pack a day is over $2500.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
What state do you live in where I can only smoke a 1020 per year? At $7/pack (Miami prices), even smoking just a pack a day is over $2500.

Wow, I didn't realize the cost is that high! I was just guesstimating. I've never bought a smoke in my life. I hardly even notice them in the store, much less the price. So really, it's a 1020 every couple months.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
..... At $7/pack (Miami prices), even smoking just a pack a day is over $2500.

I have friends that roll their own now. They have these little machines with filtered cigarette tubes that make them pretty quick and cut the cost down to about $1.50 a pack.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I have friends that roll their own now. They have these little machines with filtered cigarette tubes that make them pretty quick and cut the cost down to about $1.50 a pack.

That would be great if our enlightened legislature hadn't outlawed them eons ago as "drug paraphernalia". I've never seen anybody roll a doob with those.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
My wife was a 20 year, 2 pack a day smoker. I was trying really hard to motivate her to quit, but she never wanted to. Until, one morning when she woke up, went to grab the morning smoke, went into a coughing fit. She was trying to light her smoke, but couldn't because she was coughing too hard. She noticed me just staring at her, shaking my head. She got her breathe, put back her pack, looked at me and said "This is stupid" and quit right then.

2 things helped her:

1) The nicorite gum. She chewed it for 2 months off and on during really bad urges.
2) She found someting to do with her hands when watching tv, reading, ect. For her, it was knitting. EVERYONE got blankets for Christmas that year!! :excited:

Good luck. Let me tell you, our cars are in better shape, our house smells better, her teeth are whiter, and we are saving maybe thousands of dollars a year at todays prices. I hope you kick this thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs