I'm above 50% with my family!

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I am one of 5 kids. I now have my mom, dad and one of my brothers using WP8 phones. That makes 4 out of 7. 3 more to go *taps fingers like Mr. Burns*

Last edited:

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
They all seem good with it. That said, none of them are heavy smartphone users, so they aren't too demanding.

They all have either 521 or 520. That price point is money for people.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Good job! I'm 4 for 6 in mine. With 5 coming over from her iphone in January when her upgrade is due.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Good job! I'm 4 for 6 in mine. With 5 coming over from her iphone in January when her upgrade is due.

Out of the last 3:

One is a tight wad that only owns a feature phone for emergencies. Otherwise, all home phone use.
Second is using a iPhone 3g but wants a phone with a big screen. If he holds off on upgrading until a Nokie Phablet comes, maybe I can get him.
Third is in a full out Apple family. Don't think I have a chance.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Out of the last 3:

One is a tight wad that only owns a feature phone for emergencies. Otherwise, all home phone use.
Second is using a iPhone 3g but wants a phone with a big screen. If he holds off on upgrading until a Nokie Phablet comes, maybe I can get him.
Third is in a full out Apple family. Don't think I have a chance.

Let me guess, the tightwad is the oldest brother?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
The one that is coming over from iphone surprised me. Thought there was no way. But she said she's had enough, likes ours and wants a 1020. The one holdout's is provided by his work so not much chance of him changing in the near future.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The one that is coming over from iphone surprised me. Thought there was no way. But she said she's had enough, likes ours and wants a 1020. The one holdout's is provided by his work so not much chance of him changing in the near future.

It is hard to mess with free or cheap!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had as much luck with my family. My sister bought in, as did my cousin, but that's it. My dad's becoming a technological *****, and he just got a Droid M on a whim because it was free (when I offered to help him pick out a phone). My grandma and her husband ARE technological simpletons, and both have the iPhone 4S, along with an iPad 2 for my grandma. My brother-in-law was too impatient to wait for the 920 and got the Galaxy S III last summer, though he likes it just fine (and it DOES offer some things that WP couldn't for his med school purposes). My mom's an iPhone dummy, and she and her mom have iPad minis. That grandma doesn't have a smartphone as of now, but will likely end up with an iPhone as well, sadly.

As for the rest, they're not folks I interact with much. They're mostly in the iPhone Kool-Aid, I think, though I can't say for certain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss