01-03-2014 08:17 AM
116 1234 ...
tools
    Yep sure was. It will be a draft I'll remember for the ages. It would have been good if you all made it in. I doubt I would have been so lucky with my picks if you did.

Just saw there was a close game in the WPC league separated by one point. That's a tough one.
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-10-2013 03:26 AM
    Yep sure was. It will be a draft I'll remember for the ages. It would have been good if you all made it in. I doubt I would have been so lucky with my picks if you did.

Just saw there was a close game in the WPC league separated by one point. That's a tough one.
    And, we all scored over 100 points. This league is going to be cut throat....

Makes me happy!!!
    gedzum likes this.
    09-10-2013 08:56 AM
    Nice, I didn't actually notice that at first. Definitely looking forward to see how things play out in this league. I guess the beauty of it being a smaller league is that we all have a great selection of players to choose from.
    09-10-2013 09:44 AM
    It was a fun first week, even though I ran into a buzz saw! This being my first fantasy league it is amazing to see how things can swing and change so quickly.
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-10-2013 10:40 AM
    It was a fun first week, even though I ran into a buzz saw! This being my first fantasy league it is amazing to see how things can swing and change so quickly.
    Like i metioned in an earlier post... I started out 38 points ahead on Sunday morning.... and ended up 46 points behind on Sunday evening.

Ow.
    09-13-2013 11:01 PM
    Gedzum: We are not only playing each other... we each have a Manning rolling in the week they face each other.

Oh, the irony.
    gedzum likes this.
    09-13-2013 11:02 PM
    Sweet..this will be an awesome matchup. Can't wait to see how it plays out. But if Peyton plays anywhere near the level he did in week 1, I'm gonna cry.

On a side note, I have a conflict of interest going on since I follow the bears and AP is rolling into town. It's also going to be on TV here so I'll get to see it unfold before my eyes.

One more thing: I tried logging into ESPN fantasy football on internet explorer in Win8 but it keeps saying cookies need to be enabled. I've checked and it seems everything is enabled for me to log in. Any one have any ideas on what is wrong?
    Last edited by gedzum; 09-14-2013 at 06:25 AM.
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-14-2013 03:53 AM
    Sweet..this will be an awesome matchup. Can't wait to see how it plays out. But if Peyton plays anywhere near the level he did in week 1, I'm gonna cry.

On a side note, I have a conflict of interest going on since I follow the bears and AP is rolling into town. It's also going to be on TV here so I'll get to see it unfold before my eyes.

One more thing: I tried logging into ESPN fantasy football on internet explorer in Win8 but it keeps saying cookies need to be enabled. I've checked and it seems everything is enabled for me to log in. Any one have any ideas on what is wrong?
    Not sure on the Win8 thing... I am still happily on Windows 7. I am so 15 minutes ago....

But I feel your pain on A.P. As a Bucs fan (yeah, we do exist) I tried not to draft a bunch of division rivals. What am I supposed to do.... hope Matt Ryan passes for 300 yards and 3 TD's against my Bucs, but lose?? Or bench them as they do it anyways??

And Peyton is on pace for 103 TD's this season.... that is funny....
    gedzum likes this.
    09-14-2013 08:35 AM
    Not sure on the Win8 thing... I am still happily on Windows 7. I am so 15 minutes ago....

But I feel your pain on A.P. As a Bucs fan (yeah, we do exist) I tried not to draft a bunch of division rivals. What am I supposed to do.... hope Matt Ryan passes for 300 yards and 3 TD's against my Bucs, but lose?? Or bench them as they do it anyways??

And Peyton is on pace for 103 TD's this season.... that is funny....
    Yeah the Win 8 thing isn't such a big deal. I handle most of the fantasy football stuff with the WP app or on my Win7 PC as well. It's just sometimes when I'm on the laptop and I want to check it out, it would have been handy.

hmm that's a good point, I never thought too much about drafting players from division rivals. Especially considering I usually do the auto-pick thing. Maybe I should send ESPN a request for an option for it I remember last season I had a number of Packers players on my team. Yeah it wasn't cool cheering them on against the Bears.

And lol..that would be madness if Peyton got that many TD's. Isn't the current record in the 50's or so. Talk about smashing records.
    09-14-2013 11:36 AM
    I have no issues with W8 & the ESPN site. Maybe IE decided to block cookies and other things from the site???

Sent from my RM-885_apac_hong_kong_235 using Tapatalk
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-14-2013 11:41 AM
    I just downloaded firefox and it works there now. Not sure why I didn't think to download that before. Not sure why it didn't work with IE though considering I have cookies enabled there. Oh well, all is good now :D
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-14-2013 12:01 PM
    I just downloaded firefox and it works there now. Not sure why I didn't think to download that before. Not sure why it didn't work with IE though considering I have cookies enabled there. Oh well, all is good now :D
    Nice! Let me know if FireFox starts freezing on you, like it does to me.

It's always good to have a second browser installed.
    09-14-2013 01:29 PM
    Alright I've run Firefox for a bit now and everything seems ok. Added that browser theme and gone through most of my bookmarked pages and all is well so far. I'll keep putting it through its paces to make sure.

With regards to the league, I just noticed there is a poll on the side. Ha pretty cool and can't believe I missed it.
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-15-2013 05:01 AM
    Hmmmm..... which bench player will make me feel stupid for not starting him this week.....
    gedzum likes this.
    09-15-2013 02:28 PM
    Hmmmm..... which bench player will make me feel stupid for not starting him this week.....
    lol... It's looking like Vick for me. Russell Wilson better have a good game against the 49ers.
    gedzum and snowmutt like this.
    09-15-2013 02:40 PM
    I got a thorough spanking in my uncle's league with many of my players scoring in single digits. The supreme David Akers netting me a mighty 1 point with 2 missed FG. I was even genius enough to have DeSean Jackson on the bench.

Snowmutt, looks like we had a decent battle for our first meeting. You won the Manning bros duel, but Aaron Rodgers and the Seahawks defense bailed me out of this one. Jimmy Graham and Randall Cobb also got me a nice point total.

A part of me is happy the Bears beat the Vikings, but A.P. was nigh on shut out. Luckily he got me a 100yd game to somewhat nullify that fumble.
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-16-2013 05:02 AM
    Oh man, while having Vick on the bench didn't help. It was my team not showing up this week that really did me in. lol
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-16-2013 08:12 AM
    lol... It's looking like Vick for me. Russell Wilson better have a good game against the 49ers.
    Ow. 35 points from Vick sitting on the bench. I have been there, budney.

And about Russell Wilson.... maybe not so much.....

09-17-2013 12:37 AM
    Geez, Gedzum, even your bench clubbered me.

Mercy, dude... mercy....
    gedzum likes this.
    09-17-2013 12:40 AM
    cstebbins had a good week, too. Nice win.

Again, everone over 100 points. I feel a lot of our games will come down to Sunday/Monday night players. A ton of nailbiters....
    gedzum and budney like this.
    09-17-2013 12:46 AM
    Geez, Gedzum, even your bench clubbered me.

Mercy, dude... mercy....
    Funny thing is I actually put Mike Williams in to start for Mike Wallace at flex. Williams scored me 0 points so I guess that's all the mercy I can show
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-17-2013 01:58 AM
    Yeah.... you are so giving!!!

09-17-2013 01:59 AM
    Rodgers and the Seahawks just picked a tough time to have monster games. We matched up pretty well across the board trading blows at the other positions
    09-17-2013 02:05 AM
    Ow. 35 points from Vick sitting on the bench. I have been there, budney.

And about Russell Wilson.... maybe not so much.....

I can't put it all on Wilson, he had a poor start against a pretty good team (SF) with an hour weather delay. Now Brees on the other hand, 11 pts against Tampa Bay. smh
    09-17-2013 08:26 AM
    Week three...... I am going camping on Thursday night, so it will be late Sunday before I can even check.

I can feel a win streak brewing..... can ya'll feel it??? The bubbling of a serious set of whuppins coming from my team to yours???

Be afraid... hide the children.... keep your heads low.....
    gedzum and budney like this.
    09-19-2013 12:32 AM
116 1234 ...