Any Ftasy Football nuts interested in a WPC League??

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Alright fantasy season is in full swing. I got bragging rights over my uncle in his league. I beat him handily and I still got 1 more player left to rub it in some more :D

I hope I can hold on to my lead against my opponent in the WPC league. They still have 1 more player left to play.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am looking good in our league.... but boy I took a BEATING in the league I am in with my friends. I started the day coming home from Church like 40-some odd points ahead, ended the afternoon nearly 50 points behind. Ugh. Hurtful. Even worse we did our draft @ Buffalo Wild Wings and I was talking some trash to beat the band...

And Gedzum- the computer HOOKED YOU UP in the draft. CStebbins and I were there for the draft, and I was watching to see what the computer did- ESPN must love you. Adrian Peterson, Aaron Rodgers, AJ Green and Jimmy Graham? WOW!!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to see I missed this before. If you decide to do one next year and keep a list for the league, add me, I'd be interested.

Hopefully tonight's kickoff game is a good one.

We will do it again, and I am sorry you missed it. Consider yourself in there.

And is that screen name for the Wildcat of Northwestern? Great couple of weeks for you, huh?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I am looking good in our league.... but boy I took a BEATING in the league I am in with my friends. I started the day coming home from Church like 40-some odd points ahead, ended the afternoon nearly 50 points behind. Ugh. Hurtful. Even worse we did our draft @ Buffalo Wild Wings and I was talking some trash to beat the band...

And Gedzum- the computer HOOKED YOU UP in the draft. CStebbins and I were there for the draft, and I was watching to see what the computer did- ESPN must love you. Adrian Peterson, Aaron Rodgers, AJ Green and Jimmy Graham? WOW!!

Yeah I couldn't believe my luck. I did set my auto-pick preferences beforehand, but still wasn't expecting those selections. Very pleased so far and I'm hoping they play well throughout the season. I'd really like to challenge in the championship bracket rather than settling for the consolation prize :wink:

Good luck in your other league. Funny how points can swing like that. And lol at your draft day trash talk. Still only 1st week so I have faith you'll bounce back.

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
We will do it again, and I am sorry you missed it. Consider yourself in there.

And is that screen name for the Wildcat of Northwestern? Great couple of weeks for you, huh?

It is! And yes, good start to the season so far. Hopefully we'll keep it up.

I'm good for week one in my friends league, I have Peyton so the rest of my lineup had to basically not show up for me to lose this week. My work league, don't think I'll win this week though Victor Cruz made my team have quite the comeback, it'll come down to tonight's games.

Gedzum - That is crazy! I've never seen such a excellent roster out of an auto draft. You could have an exceptional season with all of them.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Yep sure was. It will be a draft I'll remember for the ages. It would have been good if you all made it in. I doubt I would have been so lucky with my picks if you did.

Just saw there was a close game in the WPC league separated by one point. That's a tough one.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yep sure was. It will be a draft I'll remember for the ages. It would have been good if you all made it in. I doubt I would have been so lucky with my picks if you did.

Just saw there was a close game in the WPC league separated by one point. That's a tough one.

And, we all scored over 100 points. This league is going to be cut throat....

Makes me happy!!! :grin:

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Nice, I didn't actually notice that at first. Definitely looking forward to see how things play out in this league. I guess the beauty of it being a smaller league is that we all have a great selection of players to choose from.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
It was a fun first week, even though I ran into a buzz saw! This being my first fantasy league it is amazing to see how things can swing and change so quickly. :cool:

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It was a fun first week, even though I ran into a buzz saw! This being my first fantasy league it is amazing to see how things can swing and change so quickly. :cool:

Like i metioned in an earlier post... I started out 38 points ahead on Sunday morning.... and ended up 46 points behind on Sunday evening.

Ow.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Gedzum: We are not only playing each other... we each have a Manning rolling in the week they face each other.

Oh, the irony.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Sweet..this will be an awesome matchup. Can't wait to see how it plays out. But if Peyton plays anywhere near the level he did in week 1, I'm gonna cry.

On a side note, I have a conflict of interest going on since I follow the bears and AP is rolling into town. It's also going to be on TV here so I'll get to see it unfold before my eyes.

One more thing: I tried logging into ESPN fantasy football on internet explorer in Win8 but it keeps saying cookies need to be enabled. I've checked and it seems everything is enabled for me to log in. Any one have any ideas on what is wrong?

Last edited:

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Sweet..this will be an awesome matchup. Can't wait to see how it plays out. But if Peyton plays anywhere near the level he did in week 1, I'm gonna cry.

On a side note, I have a conflict of interest going on since I follow the bears and AP is rolling into town. It's also going to be on TV here so I'll get to see it unfold before my eyes.

One more thing: I tried logging into ESPN fantasy football on internet explorer in Win8 but it keeps saying cookies need to be enabled. I've checked and it seems everything is enabled for me to log in. Any one have any ideas on what is wrong?
Not sure on the Win8 thing... I am still happily on Windows 7. I am so 15 minutes ago....

But I feel your pain on A.P. As a Bucs fan (yeah, we do exist) I tried not to draft a bunch of division rivals. What am I supposed to do.... hope Matt Ryan passes for 300 yards and 3 TD's against my Bucs, but lose?? Or bench them as they do it anyways??

And Peyton is on pace for 103 TD's this season.... that is funny....

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Not sure on the Win8 thing... I am still happily on Windows 7. I am so 15 minutes ago....

But I feel your pain on A.P. As a Bucs fan (yeah, we do exist) I tried not to draft a bunch of division rivals. What am I supposed to do.... hope Matt Ryan passes for 300 yards and 3 TD's against my Bucs, but lose?? Or bench them as they do it anyways??

And Peyton is on pace for 103 TD's this season.... that is funny....

Yeah the Win 8 thing isn't such a big deal. I handle most of the fantasy football stuff with the WP app or on my Win7 PC as well. It's just sometimes when I'm on the laptop and I want to check it out, it would have been handy.

hmm that's a good point, I never thought too much about drafting players from division rivals. Especially considering I usually do the auto-pick thing. Maybe I should send ESPN a request for an option for it :wink: I remember last season I had a number of Packers players on my team. Yeah it wasn't cool cheering them on against the Bears.

And lol..that would be madness if Peyton got that many TD's. Isn't the current record in the 50's or so. Talk about smashing records.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
I have no issues with W8 & the ESPN site. Maybe IE decided to block cookies and other things from the site???

Sent from my RM-885_apac_hong_kong_235 using Tapatalk

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded firefox and it works there now. Not sure why I didn't think to download that before. Not sure why it didn't work with IE though considering I have cookies enabled there. Oh well, all is good now :D

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
I just downloaded firefox and it works there now. Not sure why I didn't think to download that before. Not sure why it didn't work with IE though considering I have cookies enabled there. Oh well, all is good now :D

Nice! Let me know if FireFox starts freezing on you, like it does to me. :eck:

It's always good to have a second browser installed. :smile:

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Alright I've run Firefox for a bit now and everything seems ok. Added that browser theme and gone through most of my bookmarked pages and all is well so far. I'll keep putting it through its paces to make sure.

With regards to the league, I just noticed there is a poll on the side. Ha pretty cool and can't believe I missed it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs