09-04-2013 01:08 AM
55 123
tools
    I use Bing on every platform. Better results and not Google.
    08-24-2013 07:25 PM
    Bing. I use Bing Rewards and anyone not using the search button on their phone is really missing out and taking the slow route.

Why is it better? Local results, video results, and the image search dominates. I'm not joking, dump google and use your search button people.
    GardSec likes this.
    08-24-2013 07:32 PM
    Bing on phone and google on laptop
    08-24-2013 07:36 PM
    I use bing on google chrome on a macbook :P I know I have problems, but I do perfect Microsoft products.
    08-24-2013 07:41 PM
    I use bing on google chrome on a macbook :P I know I have problems, but I do perfect Microsoft products.
    Wow I don't even know what to call that, you get the best if all three worlds.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-24-2013 08:13 PM
    On my phone:
    -Bing +IE10 Mobile. It's not perfect, but neither is Google.
    On my laptop:
    -Anything I can use. It really depends on my use case.

I believe that limiting myself to just one search engine is stupid.
    08-24-2013 08:30 PM
    Wow I don't even know what to call that, you get the best if all three worlds.
    I got a good deal for my macbook so I couldnt resit to buy one. I use google chrome bc of the adblock extensions, but Microsoft is my favorite company for their serves that I use everyday for school and the other services; skype,office, outlook,xbox live- music ,office 365, and WP8 (mostly for the power of the cameras of lumias phones)
    08-25-2013 10:13 AM
    I use Bing as my set search engine, but I do use Google for 2 specific reasons:

1) If I need to ask a question on the search engine. If I need to type in a "how do you...", or a "when is the...", I find Google still is far and away better then Bing. Sometimes, Bing just brings up search results from a specific part of the quetion instead of answers to it. Like if I ask "How do you repair a mason brick wall?", Bing may bring up companies who sell Mason Bricks as the top 3-4 searches. Google still provides sites that answer the question so much better.

2) Maps to specific addresses in smaller towns. I actually have gotten used to Bing maps, and use them more often. Google maps, despite their reputation, have gotten me lost every bit as much if not more then Bing has. (Yes, I use my maps on my phone. When traveling, though, I like having printed maps to serve as a back up just in case.) But, Bing is not as good for Podunk City, USA as Google is. Google still has Bing beat for mapping of small towns.

But for searches, images, services, and all the rest- about 85% of my searches- I am all Bing. I am not a big fan of Google using my information to push producs on me in the margins.

Ask Jeeves..... forgotten about him. May try it.....
    hsn97 and eugie like this.
    08-25-2013 10:40 AM
    I used Google for about 15 minutes in October 2010 on my shiny new HD7, until I changed the default search to Bing. Rockin' Bing ever since, and now enjoying it on my 925.
    WPmunkey likes this.
    08-25-2013 10:50 AM
    I use Bing as my set search engine, but I do use Google for 2 specific reasons:

1) If I need to ask a question on the search engine. If I need to type in a "how do you...", or a "when is the...", I find Google still is far and away better then Bing. Sometimes, Bing just brings up search results from a specific part of the quetion instead of answers to it. Like if I ask "How do you repair a mason brick wall?", Bing may bring up companies who sell Mason Bricks as the top 3-4 searches. Google still provides sites that answer the question so much better.

2) Maps to specific addresses in smaller towns. I actually have gotten used to Bing maps, and use them more often. Google maps, despite their reputation, have gotten me lost every bit as much if not more then Bing has. (Yes, I use my maps on my phone. When traveling, though, I like having printed maps to serve as a back up just in case.) But, Bing is not as good for Podunk City, USA as Google is. Google still has Bing beat for mapping of small towns.

But for searches, images, services, and all the rest- about 85% of my searches- I am all Bing. I am not a big fan of Google using my information to push producs on me in the margins.

Ask Jeeves..... forgotten about him. May try it.....
    That's the thing, even i tried to use bing over google but i end up searching on google, bing never provided me better results over google, they were either the same or google had the right results for me and bing didn't so simple solution was to keep using Google.
    08-26-2013 01:52 AM
    It took me a bit to kill an old habit, but I'm now using solely Bing on all devices.

I find results to be comparable between Google & Bing. But Bing provides a better experience. I enjoy the mouse over previews oh videos & images. I really enjoy the Bing home screen with the image & facts. I also like the popular recent searches feature. It's like looking at trending topics on twitter - a good reminder of how stupid people are. But it also lets me know if something big is going on.

Edit: Prime example of how much fun Bing is. Today's home page is super fun/interesting. I'd never heard of Rdhuset metro station. Really cool stuff!
    Last edited by Rohanj; 08-26-2013 at 08:26 AM.
    snowmutt likes this.
    08-26-2013 07:28 AM
    Google as I like their results better. I have taken the BIng It On Challenge a few times and Google always wins for me.
    08-31-2013 06:56 PM
    On the phone, mainly Bing, but as others have said, I don't limit myself to any, single provider. If one doesn't yield the results that I'm looking for than on to another and so on... But ,for the most part, Bing gets the job done for me, and I enjoy the integration with the phone, so it gets the majority of my time.
    08-31-2013 07:33 PM
    Bing. I even set it as my browser on my iPhone 4 back when I was still using it.
    08-31-2013 08:01 PM
    Google has good search result and i don't like black all background in bing i always confused
    08-31-2013 08:14 PM
    Like bing now same result in Google,,but It's more clear in Google search.
    08-31-2013 08:18 PM
    I've completely switched over to MS, so Bing for me.. Well, almost completely... The only thing I use my Google account for now is my Youtube channel.
    08-31-2013 08:24 PM
    On my phone I have the default search set up as Google, but I try to use the Bing search button whenever I can. Sometimes I'm forced to use Google because I can't seem to do advanced searches with Bing--like I can't limit the time period I'd like to search. Also the Bing client in Windows Phone doesn't understand things like "time in Melbourne" whereas if I were to type that on Bing in a desktop browser, it'd give me the actual time in Melbourne. Also, for really complicated searches, I just use Google.

On my computer, all my defaults are set to Bing. If I need Google, I'll type it in manually. I find it strange that Bing will only let me choose a time period of up to one month, while Google will let me choose a time period of up to one year, or a custom period. In addition, Bing does not seem to recognize the Philippine Peso (PHP) as a currency, while Google does just fine, so I use Google for currency conversions.

I really want to use Bing as much as possible, but there are some limitations that Bing has that Google does not. It's annoying sometimes.
    08-31-2013 08:31 PM
    Bing on my phone. It's easier. Google on my desktop.
    This. I wanted to be able to use Google, but it just doesn't work with WP. It's so much easier to just use what they want you to use so that you can tie yourself into the ecosystem properly.
    08-31-2013 09:20 PM
    I use Bing about 95%, I only use google if I can't find something. I do find that Bing is better than Google
    09-01-2013 12:23 AM
    lol sorry guys when it comes to Search Engines Google has been dominating Microsoft for years. Love my WP8 more than Android tho, and I have enough patience for the apps to catch up.
    09-01-2013 12:29 AM
    Google search ingine the,,,is my choice..in my best and fastest os wp8 than Android in terms of play online videos via sim 3G. LUMIA 720
    09-01-2013 12:53 AM
    I'm having problem with bing search on phone when i search something and swipe to the media tab and open an image, it wait for 5 sec then comes back to media page and when i click the image again, it opens. I'm not sure if it's regional, can any one check this and report?
    09-01-2013 06:01 PM
    Posted this by mistake. Sorry!
    09-01-2013 06:01 PM
    Bing, also on PC because I found out its actually pretty good (just not the youtube/video page which needs some refreshing on desktop)
    09-01-2013 06:09 PM
55 123