Which search engine do you use on your Windows Phone? Bing or Google?

kamikaze80

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
both bing and HERE maps have a long way to go to get their POI data anywhere near as good as google's. that's the big difference right now, as the search engine and maps themselves are as good as, or better than, google's.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Bing. I use Bing Rewards and anyone not using the search button on their phone is really missing out and taking the slow route.

Why is it better? Local results, video results, and the image search dominates. I'm not joking, dump google and use your search button people.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
On my phone:
-Bing +IE10 Mobile. It's not perfect, but neither is Google.
On my laptop:
-Anything I can use. It really depends on my use case.

I believe that limiting myself to just one search engine is stupid.

luiislp

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Wow I don't even know what to call that, you get the best if all three worlds.

I got a good deal for my macbook so I couldnt resit to buy one. I use google chrome bc of the adblock extensions, but Microsoft is my favorite company for their serves that I use everyday for school and the other services; skype,office, outlook,xbox live- music ,office 365, and WP8 (mostly for the power of the cameras of lumias phones)

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I use Bing as my set search engine, but I do use Google for 2 specific reasons:

1) If I need to ask a question on the search engine. If I need to type in a "how do you...", or a "when is the...", I find Google still is far and away better then Bing. Sometimes, Bing just brings up search results from a specific part of the quetion instead of answers to it. Like if I ask "How do you repair a mason brick wall?", Bing may bring up companies who sell Mason Bricks as the top 3-4 searches. Google still provides sites that answer the question so much better.

2) Maps to specific addresses in smaller towns. I actually have gotten used to Bing maps, and use them more often. Google maps, despite their reputation, have gotten me lost every bit as much if not more then Bing has. (Yes, I use my maps on my phone. When traveling, though, I like having printed maps to serve as a back up just in case.) But, Bing is not as good for Podunk City, USA as Google is. Google still has Bing beat for mapping of small towns.

But for searches, images, services, and all the rest- about 85% of my searches- I am all Bing. I am not a big fan of Google using my information to push producs on me in the margins.

Ask Jeeves..... forgotten about him. May try it.....

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I used Google for about 15 minutes in October 2010 on my shiny new HD7, until I changed the default search to Bing. Rockin' Bing ever since, and now enjoying it on my 925.

hsn97

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I use Bing as my set search engine, but I do use Google for 2 specific reasons:

1) If I need to ask a question on the search engine. If I need to type in a "how do you...", or a "when is the...", I find Google still is far and away better then Bing. Sometimes, Bing just brings up search results from a specific part of the quetion instead of answers to it. Like if I ask "How do you repair a mason brick wall?", Bing may bring up companies who sell Mason Bricks as the top 3-4 searches. Google still provides sites that answer the question so much better.

2) Maps to specific addresses in smaller towns. I actually have gotten used to Bing maps, and use them more often. Google maps, despite their reputation, have gotten me lost every bit as much if not more then Bing has. (Yes, I use my maps on my phone. When traveling, though, I like having printed maps to serve as a back up just in case.) But, Bing is not as good for Podunk City, USA as Google is. Google still has Bing beat for mapping of small towns.

But for searches, images, services, and all the rest- about 85% of my searches- I am all Bing. I am not a big fan of Google using my information to push producs on me in the margins.

Ask Jeeves..... forgotten about him. May try it.....

That's the thing, even i tried to use bing over google but i end up searching on google, bing never provided me better results over google, they were either the same or google had the right results for me and bing didn't so simple solution was to keep using Google.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It took me a bit to kill an old habit, but I'm now using solely Bing on all devices.

I find results to be comparable between Google & Bing. But Bing provides a better experience. I enjoy the mouse over previews oh videos & images. I really enjoy the Bing home screen with the image & facts. I also like the popular recent searches feature. It's like looking at trending topics on twitter - a good reminder of how stupid people are. But it also lets me know if something big is going on.

Edit: Prime example of how much fun Bing is. Today's home page is super fun/interesting. I'd never heard of R?dhuset metro station. Really cool stuff!

Last edited:

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
On the phone, mainly Bing, but as others have said, I don't limit myself to any, single provider. If one doesn't yield the results that I'm looking for than on to another and so on... But ,for the most part, Bing gets the job done for me, and I enjoy the integration with the phone, so it gets the majority of my time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99