Which search engine do you use on your Windows Phone? Bing or Google?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I've completely switched over to MS, so Bing for me.. Well, almost completely... The only thing I use my Google account for now is my Youtube channel.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
On my phone I have the default search set up as Google, but I try to use the Bing search button whenever I can. Sometimes I'm forced to use Google because I can't seem to do advanced searches with Bing--like I can't limit the time period I'd like to search. Also the Bing client in Windows Phone doesn't understand things like "time in Melbourne" whereas if I were to type that on Bing in a desktop browser, it'd give me the actual time in Melbourne. Also, for really complicated searches, I just use Google.

On my computer, all my defaults are set to Bing. If I need Google, I'll type it in manually. I find it strange that Bing will only let me choose a time period of up to one month, while Google will let me choose a time period of up to one year, or a custom period. In addition, Bing does not seem to recognize the Philippine Peso (PHP) as a currency, while Google does just fine, so I use Google for currency conversions.

I really want to use Bing as much as possible, but there are some limitations that Bing has that Google does not. It's annoying sometimes.

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Bing on my phone. It's easier. Google on my desktop.

This. I wanted to be able to use Google, but it just doesn't work with WP. It's so much easier to just use what they want you to use so that you can tie yourself into the ecosystem properly.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I use Bing about 95%, I only use google if I can't find something. I do find that Bing is better than Google

Suboor Azimi

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
lol sorry guys when it comes to Search Engines Google has been dominating Microsoft for years. Love my WP8 more than Android tho, and I have enough patience for the apps to catch up.

eugie

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Google search ingine the,,,is my choice..in my best and fastest os wp8 than Android in terms of play online videos via sim 3G. LUMIA 720

hsn97

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm having problem with bing search on phone when i search something and swipe to the media tab and open an image, it wait for 5 sec then comes back to media page and when i click the image again, it opens. I'm not sure if it's regional, can any one check this and report?

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Bing, also on PC because I found out its actually pretty good (just not the youtube/video page which needs some refreshing on desktop)

hsn97

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm having problem with bing search on phone when i search something and swipe to the media tab and open an image, it wait for 5 sec then comes back to media page and when i click the image again, it opens. I'm not sure if it's regional, can any one check this and report?

Anyone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon