[Official] Movie Review Thread

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It's already happening in Japan that guys have relationships with their virtual girlfriends and even take them on dates. It's one of the 'many' issues with the reproduction rate there.

Ugh. Why do I feel as though I should go shower now??

QUICK!! Someone bring up another movie!! ANY movie!!

How about that "I, Frankenstien"?? Cinema masterpiece or what???

*cringes, hope this changes topic on one of his favorite threads*

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Was this the one with Jean-Claude Van Damme in it? I have heard zero about it, but was amused by the idea behind it.

Yes it is. Imagine The Office crossed with Lost. Funny!!

Also, if you like raunchy funny, you have got to see The Hungover Games. It is a spoof of The Hunger Games and The Hangover movies with a lot of recent characters from other films. I thought this was HILARIOUS!!!!!!! 10/10

Last edited:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I just went and saw the Lego movie.

Now I never really played with or got into lego as a kid. Never really have much even until this day. I'm interested in it but I never really got into playing and making stuff with it. I always preferred drawing - I guess you'd expect that from a graphic designer though. Having said all that I'd heard the lego movie was good but a friend of mine said he was going to see this film and I tagged along.

It. Was. Amazing. From pretty much the first few lines of the movie to the end the movie had charisma, wit and charm in spades. The story was engaging and the characters were believable. If you're looking for something lighthearted this is a must-see movie. Heck, go see it anyway!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I just went and saw the Lego movie.

Now I never really played with or got into lego as a kid. Never really have much even until this day. I'm interested in it but I never really got into playing and making stuff with it. I always preferred drawing - I guess you'd expect that from a graphic designer though. Having said all that I'd heard the lego movie was good but a friend of mine said he was going to see this film and I tagged along.

It. Was. Amazing. From pretty much the first few lines of the movie to the end the movie had charisma, wit and charm in spades. The story was engaging and the characters were believable. If you're looking for something lighthearted this is a must-see movie. Heck, go see it anyway!

I loved Lego when I was a kid. Used to buy those small box kits or whatever you call them. Good times. I'd love to watch the movie but I'm not sure if I can convince anyone to watch it with me :p

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have heard nothing but great things about "The Lego Movie". Haven't been to the movies in over a month. I am ready to start getting rolling again, so maybe we roll on this one.....

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I forgot about this thread. I am one of those really cheap guys who will always wait until the movie comes out on DVD or digital download. My wife and I watched 12 Years A Slave and Nebraska this weekend.

I absolutely hated 12 Years A Slave. Over the years I've seen all the inhumanity I need to see to know how wrong it is. I have no desire to see anymore of it. I am not turning a blind eye to it; it just has to stop. Watching 12 Years A Slave reminded me of the Holocaust museum in Washington D.C. There's really no difference between the two. At the Holocaust museum you see real movies of Nazi doctors injecting poison into people and recording the convulsions they went into. In 12 Years A Slave you see people tied to a pole and whipped until they're mutilated and unconscious. My rating 1/10

I didn't think I would like Nebraska. The plot sounded kind of dumb with a sweepstake ticket and being filmed in black and white seemed odd. I was surprised. Nebraska turned out to be a really good movie that kept my attention through the whole movie, and I didn't even think about it being filmed in black and white. My rating 9.5/10

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I enjoyed 12 Years. It was completely jacked up, but it was a great film. True story of perserverance.

Check out Cheap Thrills. Twisted flic. Liked it a lot though.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Real quick DVD selection:

For any drama/action fans out there, I am a big Jason Statham fan, and his latest on DVD "Homefront" was actually a decent movie. He gets to do little else but look menacing (what else ahould he be asked to do?), but his scenes with his daughter, played by new comer Izabela Vidovic, are excellent. She is OUTSTANDING in her role, and steals every scene as well. With a great supporting cast like James Franco, Kate Bosworth (also excellent), Clancy Brown and Winona Ryder, this is a very enjoyable flick. There is a few "awww, man, REALLY??" moments you have to ignore, but it is a strong recommend from me.

7/10.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I forgot about this thread. I am one of those really cheap guys who will always wait until the movie comes out on DVD or digital download. My wife and I watched 12 Years A Slave and Nebraska this weekend.

I absolutely hated 12 Years A Slave. Over the years I've seen all the inhumanity I need to see to know how wrong it is. I have no desire to see anymore of it. I am not turning a blind eye to it; it just has to stop. Watching 12 Years A Slave reminded me of the Holocaust museum in Washington D.C. There's really no difference between the two. At the Holocaust museum you see real movies of Nazi doctors injecting poison into people and recording the convulsions they went into. In 12 Years A Slave you see people tied to a pole and whipped until they're mutilated and unconscious. My rating 1/10

I didn't think I would like Nebraska. The plot sounded kind of dumb with a sweepstake ticket and being filmed in black and white seemed odd. I was surprised. Nebraska turned out to be a really good movie that kept my attention through the whole movie, and I didn't even think about it being filmed in black and white. My rating 9.5/10

I have avoided "12 years a slave" just for that reason. I understand how ugly a portion of our past that was, and have no desire to forget it or sugar coat it. But, at the same time, do I HAVE to watch 2 hours of human torture? I think not.

Might give Nebraska a try....

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
....Might give Nebraska a try....

As I said, I thought Nebraska was going to be a real stupid, boring movie. The plot sounded so dumb. If it wasn't for my wife wanting to see it, I would have never watched it. After watching it I understand why it was nominated for Best Picture.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I have to admit to not being a big movie buff. Not sure what happened but I lost my taste for movies recently...

Anyway, a couple of weekends ago I ended up watching this movie on Netflix - Seven Psychopaths (2012) - IMDb

It's a quirky movie. It's not for the kids either. However, I did enjoy it as it was different and I like different, when it's done well. It was done well in my opinion.

8/10

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about anyone else but I watched Justice League: War multiple times. Animation? Yes. For the Kids? Uhhhh. Well first off there is a lot of violence and add on the fact that your favorite super heroes curse and it not the first choice for kids. Batman and Green Lantern have some of the best dialogue in the movie. This movie follows the Justice League: Origin comic very closely. Though they omitted Aquaman and have Cyborg. An after credits scene shows there might be some Aquaman action yet. Overall a enjoyable movie. I loved the way these characters are way more realistic. Between the dialogue and the fact Superman seemed like a Jerk it was a very realistic portrayal of how they would act. Imagine being the most powerful being on the planet and everyone admires you, it wouldn't go to your head? I give it a 9.7/10.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
There is a movie that really touch into my heart as an operational ready conscript about the pillar of national defence.
This movie sets during the Korean war and covers the true story of 71 students that were sent to defend an important flank.
Ultimately, the movie shows the fighting spirit and ferocious commitment of these students when they fought and stood against the NKPA.

This movie is a worth watch for everyone to learn how normal citizens having a right mind can become the strongest defence of a country.
9/10
Spoken language korean, english captioned.
71 Into the Fire HD - English Subs - YouTube

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay.... Summer time movie season is here, even if Summer is not. I expect this thread to come alive with reviews of Summer-time over the top movie reviews. I did 2 in one day, and am psyched for what is coming. Movies are among my "Top 5" things to discuss, so let's jump start this baby....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos