Which Web Browser Are You Using?

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Since this is an MS-oriented website I'd expect that the large majority of you are using IE, but I'm curious to see if a lot of you prefer one of the alternatives.

I personally cannot stand IE on desktop and find Chrome to be the fastest, smoothest and most intuitive and feature-rich. I tried switching to IE when I began to tie myself into the MS ecosystem, but it just didn't work for me. I've experimented quite extensively with all the major browsers before, but every time I always seem to end up coming back to Chrome.

Which one are you using? :)

Jeric820PH

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Just made my "SWITCH" couple of hrs ago.. From years of Chrome to now IE10..Unistalled chrome so I wont use it anymore..lol So far so good..already transferred every important bookmarks I had in chrome to IE.. A little slow at times but it's good. Just need some time to get use to it. Cheers!

anon(5803215)

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I useded IE back in the day never liking Netscape or Opera. In 2004 when Firefox left beta I switched and never looked back. When Choome came out I for the most part ignored it. Last year I finally decided to look at Chrome as I was having performance issues due to the fact I normally have 50+ tabs open (yes I have issues). Chrome fixed my problems but I still have it adapted to the new UI. Btr in the end of the day I prefer a faster browser. Sorry long answer to say I use Chrome.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
On my Windows 7 computers (one desktop, one laptop): I use Firefox most frequently, but also use Internet Explorer and Chrome (in that order in terms of amount of usage).

On my Windows 8 computer (one laptop): I use Internet Explorer almost exclusively (in part because Firefox and Chrome bump you into desktop mode from tiles mode and in part because IE10 has been enhanced in Windows 8 tile mode).

On my chromebook: I use (duh) Chrome exclusively (but have msn.com as a bookmarked page and featured tab; ironically I sometimes search using Bing on the chromebook via msn.com LOL)

On my WP8 smartphone: I rarely use the browser (just use the search button), but when I do, I use Internet Explorer (but do not drink Dos Equis :smile:)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been a Chrome user for the past few years.

A couple months ago I just went and switched 100% to IE10. A month later, got the 11 DP. I like IE, it just seems to have problems with more websites more commonly than I'd like. (On a positive note, it's crash recovery is top-notch)
Although some stuff like uploading photos on Facebook don't work, and performance is still not as good as I'd like.

I've now switched to Firefox for the time being, and will try Opera later.

Haigs

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I was using chrome for a long time but lately chrome was very buggy, for me at least. I switched back to Firefox and i am very satisfied! I also use Opera.

jsmith2013

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I prefer IE to Chrome. Chrome is a lot faster than IE, but I always have problems with Chrome. When I open links in new tabs from right-click menu, I frequently encounter blank white pages (contents are there, but I can't see it). I have to copy the link and paste in a new tab manually. Chrome full screen browsing is also terrible. IE 11 is perfect.

Another thing I like in IE is active X filtering. I can quickly disable/enable Active X, so I can easily switch flash/html5 videos according to my needs.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I was using chrome for a long time but lately chrome was very buggy, for me at least. I switched back to Firefox and i am very satisfied! I also use Opera.
Which version of Opera do you like best? Opera 12.16 has a lot more features but is slow as a snail and doesn't render all pages properly. Opera 15/16/Next is fast, renders pages properly but lacks features found in 12.16.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I have used chrome all my life until IE10 came out and switched to that. Much better experience, doesn't feel "beta" like chrome always felt. I've tried Opera, Safari, and Firefox too. Opera was okay, but I can't stand Firefox or Safari. They were obnoxious and slow.

IE10 is my main now.

mcivor88

Banned
Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Always been a big chrome supporter from back when google was dead on.

Its hard to beat though. Syncs well with my android tablet n the other PC's i use.

Must try out ie again though

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999