Game of the day: Name that BB rumor

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Over the past 24 hrs I've read just about every imaginable rumor possible to the fate of BlackBerry. BB going private. BB being bought by .. let see, MSFT, HP, Dell, etc.

While the stock pumpers spew their poison lets have a little fun with it. My prediction for BB:

BB to be purchased by WWE head Vince McMahon. BB CEO, Thorsten Heins to become newest wrestling star. Thorsten "Hey, how did this happen, eh" Heins.

Feel free to share your fate of BB..

Last edited:

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I see a few options:
- Company splits itself into multiple domains

- Sony can have a go since every other major OEM has something like this Sammy - Tizen & Android, LG - WebOS & Android, Apple- iOS and hordes of zombies ,Google - Android & Motorola, MSFT - Nokia and WP . HTC hell no HTC One has failed. With August sales down another 16% MoM, 45% YoY and profit warning looming, now what? | Unwired View

- Discard hardware , continue as a niche company offering enterprise services.

All the above are arguable and based on my limited knowledge of BBRY internals.

walter1832

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
My prediction: BB bought out by Kellogg food company. It goes well at first, but then Kellogg realises that this isn't the type of BB they were looking for. They are let go for next to nothing. After a few months, BB finds themselves as a guest star on a sitcom show that's on it's last legs. They have 2-3 lines of dialouge and get a round of applause from the live audience (but mostly it was an awkward applause). BB is then arrested in a motel with a tranny, after the tranny didn't get paid and called the cops. BB is currently in a halfway house in Alberta. It's prospects look good, as it just applied for a job at a local supermarket with good benefits.

john_v

Oct 15, 2006
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
Scenario 1: BBRY gets bought out by Apple. Apple iPhone6K sports a physical qwerty. Tim Cook tears up during presentation, telling how, while on his deathbed, Steve Jobs gave them the blueprints for this wonderful new innovative invention of the keyboard. Wearing sandwich boards that say "Will work for food", Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsille (sp?) get arrested for crashing the stage, yelling at Cook that he's full of iOS.

Scenario 2: BBRY gets bought by google. Google integrates BBRY handheld security into next Android release (Peanut Butter Cup, co-sponsored by Reeses; tagline - "There's no wrong way to give us your data") Soon Google begins advertising Peanut Butter Cup by selling the security features: "Your data is safe from the NSA with us (once we mine it from your email!)"

(note: I know either of those makes me sound like a ******/basher/troll - am none of the above, platform agnostic. Just having fun with some of the things apple and google are known for)

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I heard the Daisy Air Rifle company bought them based on the letters BB thinking they were the company that makes the BB's for their air rifles. The soon realized their mistake and shut them down because the BB's were the size of cell phones and wouldn't fire out of the barrel.

Blu3V3nom07

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft Needs to buy it. That oodles and oodles of patents they could use.
And I want my big red light back on my phone. I miss that little guy..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb