02-09-2014 06:43 PM
435 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    This sets up a fantastic super bowl. Maybe this year I'll watch for more than just the commercials.
    Not me.
    palandri likes this.
    01-19-2014 10:17 PM
    I am pulling for Peyton just to shut up his critics. Can you imagine another 400-yard effort like todays in the SuperBowl against that Defense?

Let's see.... 2 weeks until the game....

So, don't the pre-game shows start this Thursday sometime??
    I would think that Denver would have the advantage since Peyton Manning is such a great experienced quarterback. Then I think about all the other great quarterback who went to the Super Bowl numerous times and never won, like Jim Kelly, Fran Tarkenton, Dan Marino. It will be an interesting game
    Laura Knotek, ninjaap and snowmutt like this.
    01-19-2014 10:59 PM
    I would think that Denver would have the advantage since Peyton Manning is such a great experienced quarterback. Then I think about all the other great quarterback who went to the Super Bowl numerous times and never won, like Jim Kelly, Fran Tarkenton, Dan Marino. It will be an interesting game
    That was cold. You're talking 8 lost Super Bowls. Kelly (4), Tarkenton (3) and Marino. You just brutalized 3 Hall of Famers, I hope you're proud of yourself!
    snowmutt and palandri like this.
    01-20-2014 02:21 PM
    Manning does have one though so at least he knows what it takes... Mannin Jr. Won in Peytons house and now Peyton is going to El's house....
    01-20-2014 02:29 PM
    Manning does have one though so at least he knows what it takes... Mannin Jr. Won in Peytons house and now Peyton is going to El's house....
    Hadn't even thought of that!! Kinda cool....
    palandri likes this.
    01-20-2014 05:58 PM
    Broncos are my second favorite team, so I'm pulling for them to win
    Second favorite?
    image.png
    bill-cosby-confused-face-475x365.png
    tumblr_m6c8toaqkw1ryj6qoo1_500.gif
    snowmutt likes this.
    01-21-2014 06:50 AM
    Second favorite?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	658.1 KB 
ID:	55112

Name:	bill-cosby-confused-face-475x365.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	230.1 KB 
ID:	55110

Name:	tumblr_m6c8toaQkW1ryj6qoo1_500.gif 
Views:	40 
Size:	471.0 KB 
ID:	55111
    Not sure what the images are seeing as this app doesn't let you see any. Regardless, yes. I've been a Broncos fan after watching their first Super Bowl win, really because of Terrell Davis. Still one of the most exciting players I've ever watched in my 16 years of being a NFL fan.
    01-21-2014 08:25 AM
    Not sure what the images are seeing as this app doesn't let you see any. Regardless, yes. I've been a Broncos fan after watching their first Super Bowl win, really because of Terrell Davis. Still one of the most exciting players I've ever watched in my 16 years of being a NFL fan.
    Ok cool, but what is you favorite NFL team? Oh yeah, the gifs exemplify my ideology on men having more than one team in the same league.
    01-22-2014 03:14 AM
    Ok cool, but what is you favorite NFL team? Oh yeah, the gifs exemplify my ideology on men having more than one team in the same league.
    I thought that was obvious in my previous posts in this thread, lol. The Pats are my favorite team. And not sure if having a second team to root for is that deep enough to have an ideology. If anything, I'm tend to be more of an NFL fan than just an obsessed, blind team fanatic. Its hard to have objective discussions with people who are so blindly loyal to a team or player, I barely engage in them. Especially online (ESPN has the worst comment section, followed by people who comment on Facebook posts).
    palandri and fatclue_98 like this.
    01-22-2014 06:33 AM
    Its hard to have objective discussions with people who are so blindly loyal to a team or player, I barely engage in them. Especially online (ESPN has the worst comment section, followed by people who comment on Facebook posts).
    Well, I cannot argue against that logic. Haha.
    01-23-2014 04:13 AM
    A moment of joyous celebration as Laura's Browns have just hired their third head coach in 3 seasons. This time, they got the right guy. They truly MEAN IT this time...
    01-24-2014 11:56 AM
    A moment of joyous celebration as Laura's Browns have just hired their third head coach in 3 seasons. This time, they got the right guy. They truly MEAN IT this time...
    I'm happy their hired someone, but it doesn't matter if they don't get a good OC and fix the QB issues...
    Laura Knotek and snowmutt like this.
    01-24-2014 02:11 PM
    I don't think it'll matter. The coach was never the problem. The problem has always been the inept front office. I doubt if they'll be any better, and I'll quit caring about the Browns and find another team to support.
    01-24-2014 02:45 PM
    I'm happy their hired someone, but it doesn't matter if they don't get a good OC and fix the QB issues...
    That'll never happen with Lombardi as GM.
    MSFTisMIA, palandri and snowmutt like this.
    01-24-2014 02:46 PM
    That'll never happen with Lombardi as GM.
    Chin up Laura. If the Dolphins finally fired Jeff Ireland there's hope for any franchise.
    01-24-2014 09:26 PM
    I don't think it'll matter. The coach was never the problem. The problem has always been the inept front office. I doubt if they'll be any better, and I'll quit caring about the Browns and find another team to support.

16 years of 10 loses or more per season. That is what I endured as a Bucs fan. That is equal to:

-16 seasons of an NBA team losing 52 or more games.
    -16 seasons of a MLB team losing 114 or more games.
    And that is just the start. I have endless stats from Tampa's time as the whipping-team of, not just the NFL, but pro sports. I found my sense of humor and a love of beer through being a Bucs fan.

I know you, Laura. You is tuff. You will just roll your eyes, vent, and still pick up that sports section and follow your Browns. I thought about dumping the Bucs and jumping on the Jaguars when they were awarded that franchise, but looked at all my Bucs stuff and all the memories of ineptness, and just couldn't do it.

Have no fear: All things swing back the other way. If MY inept franchise can luck into a SuperBowl win, yours can too.
    fatclue_98 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    01-26-2014 11:22 AM
    Ok 'mutt, what's the skinny on this Dennis Hickey we just hired? Considering 4 candidates turned down 2nd interviews over the weekend, I can't say I'm thrilled.
    Laura Knotek and snowmutt like this.
    01-26-2014 04:28 PM
    I think the Pro Bowl uniforms look real bad.
    Laura Knotek, snowmutt and gedzum like this.
    01-26-2014 06:52 PM
    16 years of 10 loses or more per season. That is what I endured as a Bucs fan. That is equal to:

-16 seasons of an NBA team losing 52 or more games.
    -16 seasons of a MLB team losing 114 or more games.
    And that is just the start. I have endless stats from Tampa's time as the whipping-team of, not just the NFL, but pro sports. I found my sense of humor and a love of beer through being a Bucs fan.

I know you, Laura. You is tuff. You will just roll your eyes, vent, and still pick up that sports section and follow your Browns. I thought about dumping the Bucs and jumping on the Jaguars when they were awarded that franchise, but looked at all my Bucs stuff and all the memories of ineptness, and just couldn't do it.

Have no fear: All things swing back the other way. If MY inept franchise can luck into a SuperBowl win, yours can too.
    No Cleveland team has won a championship in any sport in my lifetime, though. They are going to ask the voters for an extension of the sin tax for the sports facilities. If that happens, I'm voting 'no', and I have a feeling a lot of other taxpayers will vote 'no'. We're sick of funding this ineptitude. I also know some people who've already cancelled their season tickets.
    01-26-2014 09:39 PM
    No Cleveland team has won a championship in any sport in my lifetime, though. They are going to ask the voters for an extension of the sin tax for the sports facilities. If that happens, I'm voting 'no', and I have a feeling a lot of other taxpayers will vote 'no'. We're sick of funding this ineptitude. I also know some people who've already cancelled their season tickets.
    I hope the voters in Cleveland are not as stupid as the ones we have here in Miami.
    01-27-2014 11:07 AM
    Ok 'mutt, what's the skinny on this Dennis Hickey we just hired? Considering 4 candidates turned down 2nd interviews over the weekend, I can't say I'm thrilled.
    Courtesy of the Bleacher Report:

Everything You Need to Know About Miami Dolphins General Manager Dennis Hickey | Bleacher Report

I know 2 things about him: He has worked his way up the chain, from scout to an executive under our last 2 GM's who was in charge of evaluation draft talent. This write up also said he was in charge of evaluating free agent talent as well under Bruce Allen. I think aquiring talent has not been a problem with Tampa, so I am hopeful. The second thing is he really, really, REALLY wanted a GM job. So effort will not be a problem. He is a worker.

However, breezing through the slide show, he will not have the authority to do much about Joe Philbon, as they are "equals" in the Dolphin structure. That worries me. A little insecurity for a head coach is a good thing. This could be a strange relationship. Much like ours- Lovie was hired, then Jason Licht from Arizona was given the GM job, and Lovie was present for all interviews. Guess who has all the power in our team structure?
    01-27-2014 03:01 PM
    Latest lines for the Super Bowl: NFL Odds and Daily Lines - National Football League - ESPN
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-27-2014 07:15 PM
    I think the Pro Bowl uniforms look real bad.
    lol I agree. I like the new format with the draft though. It's like fantasy football. Snowmutt, what do you say..me vs you at the next Pro Bowl
    01-28-2014 02:28 AM
    lol I agree. I like the new format with the draft though. It's like fantasy football. Snowmutt, what do you say..me vs you at the next Pro Bowl

Yeah, because Fantasy Football turned out so well for me this year.
    Let's see how much I can shame actual pro athletes as opposed to virtual pro athletes...
    palandri and gedzum like this.
    01-28-2014 09:42 AM
    Okay.... Let's get into the "meaty" debate of this past week:

Are you on Team Strahan ("I am no fluke!! I belong in the Hall of Fame!!") and think Michael Strahan belongs in the Hall of Fame?

Or, are you team Sapp ("His resume just doesn't hold up"), and think Strahan was a single note player who falls short?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-30-2014 08:15 PM
435 ... 1314151617 ...