The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
02-09-2014 06:43 PM
435 ... 1415161718
tools
    While we are on the subject....

Here are the players- I skipped the coaches and executives on the list- that are the finalists. Selections will be named on Saturday. Who do you think should make it??

Michael Strahan- DE, NY Giants
    Morton Anderson- K, 5 teams.
    Jerrome Bettis- LA/St. Louis Rams/ Pitt.
    Derrick Brooks- Tampa Bay.
    Tim Brown- WR/KR, LA/Oak Raiders/Tampa Bay.
    Kevin Greene- LB/DE, 4 teams.
    Charles Haley- LB/DE, San Fran/Dallas.
    Marvin Harrison- WR, Indy.
    Walter Jones- OT, Seattle
    John Lynch- FS, TB/Denver
    Andre Reed- WR, Buff, Wash.
    Will Shields- OG, KC.
    Aenaes Williams- CB/FS, ARZ/St. Louis.

I... ahem.... Feel both Derrick Brooks and John Lynch should go. It has NOTHING to do with them being Bucs, I swear.

Otherwise, Haley/Harrison should both be locks. I also think Will Shields should get in. Brown should get in, but I think Harrison was better.

Walter Jones and Andre Reed should go in, but again- hard to get them in over some of these other names.

Bettis, Greene, and Strahan are honestly up in the air to me. I think they COULD go in, but would not be upset if they don't make it. All three were extremely productive players, but I do not know if they were ever the best at their position in any one year.

Aeneas Williams and Morton Anderson..... interesting, but no.
    Laura Knotek, gedzum and palandri like this.
    01-30-2014 08:33 PM
    I haven't really followed NFL news much recently, but did Sapp really say that? I just took a quick look on wikipedia and their stats and achievements seem pretty comparible. I also haven't really followed the NFL long enough to know how they played throughout their career, but they both seemed to have that swagger and ability to make opponents account for them. I'm not too sure, but my initial impression would be to say yes he is deserving.

Now that you put up that list, I'm even more unsure :P
    snowmutt and palandri like this.
    01-31-2014 05:10 AM
    And, as has been the case for me lately more then not, I was mostly wrong on the Hal of Fame selections. Ray Guy (first ever punter), Micheal Strahan (Warren Sapp be ignored), Walter Jones, Andre Reed, Aenes Williams (really surprised by those two), Claude Humphrey (who I forgot to list above- a DE from the 1960's selected by the Senior Committee like Ray Guy was) and Derrick Brooks (WOO-HOO!! 3RD Buc ever!!) are in the Hall.

I am truly stunned Charles Haley still did not make it in. 5 SuperBowl wins as a very important part of the Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco 49ers- more then any other player- over 100 sacks, and 5 times All Pro. To me, he is the the player most deserving not in. Will Shields needs in as well.

2014 Pro Football Hall of Fame -- Derrick Brooks, Walter Jones, Andre Reed, Michael Strahan, Aeneas Williams, Ray Guy, Claude Humphrey selected - ESPN
    palandri likes this.
    02-01-2014 08:32 PM
    Side note: One of these days, my Bucs really need to get an offensive player drafted worth a darn. Lee Roy Selmon (DE), Warren Sapp (DT), and Derrick Brooks (LB) are all defensive and are our HOFers. John Lynch (FS) and Ronde Barber (CB) are likely inductees at some point.

Yep, gonna be a long wait. I could argue for Mike Allstott, but in this day and age Fullbacks will get zero interest from voters.

Yep. Long stinking wait.
    palandri likes this.
    02-01-2014 08:36 PM
    ...Yep, gonna be a long wait. I could argue for Mike Allstott, but in this day and age Fullbacks will get zero interest from voters.
    The A-Train! That guy was like a little tank. He had unbelievable leg strength. He could have two guys hanging on to him and he'd drag them.
    Laura Knotek and snowmutt like this.
    02-02-2014 08:01 AM
    Side note: One of these days, my Bucs really need to get an offensive player drafted worth a darn. Lee Roy Selmon (DE), Warren Sapp (DT), and Derrick Brooks (LB) are all defensive and are our HOFers. John Lynch (FS) and Ronde Barber (CB) are likely inductees at some point.

Yep, gonna be a long wait. I could argue for Mike Allstott, but in this day and age Fullbacks will get zero interest from voters.

Yep. Long stinking wait.
    I may be wrong, but I think the last pure FB inducted was Larry Csonka. I still have that memory of him running over Vikings cornerback Bobby Bryant in SB VIII and dragging him for 10 yards.
    palandri and snowmutt like this.
    02-02-2014 03:15 PM
    I am really psyched up for the game. The #1 Offense going against the #1 Defense. Who wants the win more? I predict the Denver Broncos will show the nation why they're the #1 Offense and I predict the Seattle Seahawks will show the nation why they're the #1 Defense.
    02-02-2014 05:16 PM
    I may be wrong, but I think the last pure FB inducted was Larry Csonka. I still have that memory of him running over Vikings cornerback Bobby Bryant in SB VIII and dragging him for 10 yards.
    The Vikes should have won 2 Super bowls, but that was not one of them. Those Dolphins were a badarse team!
    palandri likes this.
    02-02-2014 05:18 PM
    I am really psyched up for the game. The #1 Offense going against the #1 Defense. Who wants the win more? I predict the Denver Broncos will show the nation why they're the #1 Offense and I predict the Seattle Seahawks will show the nation why they're the #1 Defense.
    I'm glad the weather appears to not be a factor.
    palandri likes this.
    02-02-2014 05:24 PM
    Wow! 1st play of the game and the Legion of Boom Strikes with a safety!
    Last edited by palandri; 02-02-2014 at 08:25 PM.
    02-02-2014 05:34 PM
    Crazy game so far!
    palandri likes this.
    02-02-2014 06:42 PM
    I can't believe Denver didn't kick a field goal. Have to see what the 2nd half brings.
    palandri likes this.
    02-02-2014 07:00 PM
    Thanks Denver, I just lost $1200.
    02-02-2014 07:01 PM
    Looks like I bet on the right team this time...
    02-02-2014 07:12 PM
    1st play of the 2nd half and it's now 29-0 Seattle.

Peyton Manning has the opportunity now to lead the greatest Super Bowl comeback ever!
    02-02-2014 07:35 PM
    Denver's two glaring weaknesses showed up today: lack of pass rush, and lack of playmakers in the secondary. Their offensive line hadn't handled pressure well either.

Manning has looked ok, but man, Denver hadn't showed up really.
    palandri likes this.
    02-02-2014 08:03 PM
    36-0 Seattle

I am seeing 1986 again - Chicago 46, New England 10
    MSFTisMIA, Laura Knotek and john_v like this.
    02-02-2014 08:04 PM
    Didn't see this coming lol
    palandri and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-02-2014 08:05 PM
    Wow Seattle came to play!!!!!
    palandri likes this.
    02-02-2014 08:09 PM
    Seattle defense has obviously been great for the last three seasons. Tonight, they look like as dominant as the 2000 Baltimore Ravens. The best defense I've seen in my lifetime as an NFL fan.
    02-02-2014 08:10 PM
    Seattle defense has obviously been great for the last three seasons. Tonight, they look like as dominant as the 2000 Baltimore Ravens. The best defense I've seen in my lifetime as an NFL fan.
    You must be too young to remember the 85 Bears.
    02-02-2014 08:13 PM
    2013 Seattle or the 2000 Ravens are the best you've ever seen? Seattle is good but they hold on a lot and don't get called for it. nit to take anything away from their tight coverage, but seriously, they get away with a lot.

Edit: see... Next play was holding on their offense.
    palandri likes this.
    02-02-2014 08:15 PM
    Wow! 1st play of the game and the Legend of Boom Strikes with a safety!
    You really can't attribute that to the "legend (I think you meant legion) of boom". That was an error on the part of Denver's offense.
    palandri and snowmutt like this.
    02-02-2014 08:18 PM
    You really can't attribute that to the "legend (I think you meant legion) of boom". That was an error on the part of Denver's offense.
    Maybe the Legion of Boom scared the center and caused the error. OK, its a stretch. Wow, now it's 43-8 Seattle.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-02-2014 08:24 PM
    You must be too young to remember the 85 Bears.
    Yeah. I was 2 years old in 85. Hence, my post stating in my lifetime of being an NFL fan.
    Laura Knotek and palandri like this.
    02-02-2014 08:30 PM
435 ... 1415161718