02-09-2014 06:43 PM
435 12345 ...
tools
    You know...I'm actually getting worried about KC. First time I think I've ever said that haha
    Laura Knotek and snowmutt like this.
    09-19-2013 10:57 PM
    Browns are just getting worse than ever. It's unbelievable that they completely gave up after only 2 games in the season.
    They saw all they needed to see. Look at his rushing totals from the first 2 games and you'll see that he's got nowhere to go. Granted, the Dolphins have a stout rush defense but the GM did the right thing. A few more lousy games and his value would have sunk. They got 2 picks in the 1st round alone and 10 overall for next year's draft. At least they don't have to tank it to get good picks, they can try different players and different schemes to see if something sticks. Call it a 14 game pre-season from here on out.
    09-21-2013 10:46 AM
    Right I would have thought they would try and build a team around him. I'm surprised they moved away from him so soon after they drafted him.
    there is a different regime in Cleveland. Banner knows he can get a decent back in the middle rounds of the draft. This year was spent building the defense. If they grab offensive pieces in 2014 and pick up a good corner in free agency they'll be competitive next year.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-21-2013 11:22 AM
    They saw all they needed to see. Look at his rushing totals from the first 2 games and you'll see that he's got nowhere to go. Granted, the Dolphins have a stout rush defense but the GM did the right thing. A few more lousy games and his value would have sunk. They got 2 picks in the 1st round alone and 10 overall for next year's draft. At least they don't have to tank it to get good picks, they can try different players and different schemes to see if something sticks. Call it a 14 game pre-season from here on out.
    That makes sense. I saw an article today where one former player said that Richardson was "high maintenance" just like Peyton Hillis.
    09-21-2013 11:58 PM
    That makes sense. I saw an article today where one former player said that Richardson was "high maintenance" just like Peyton Hillis.
    Well, Cris Carter painted a much different picture of the young man. That he hangs with his brother mostly and keeps to himself.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-22-2013 12:54 PM
    Well, Cris Carter painted a much different picture of the young man. That he hangs with his brother mostly and keeps to himself.
    Cleveland Browns ex-LB Scott Fujita says Trent Richardson was late for treatments, failed to engage with teammates and came off as high maintenance | cleveland.com
    gedzum likes this.
    09-22-2013 01:16 PM
    Biggest disappointments so far: Giants, redskins, Panthers, and Steelers.

Biggest surprises: Miami, Buffalo, KC.
    Giants rested on the laurels.

Redskins were grossly overrated. RG3 had his second ACL surgery and took no preseason snaps. C'mon what did people expect?

Panthers- Cam has no real offensive guys around him.

Steelers- as stated earlier, they're just old. Big Ben can't do it all and take those hits.

Anywho the Rams are making the Cowboys look good today.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-22-2013 01:49 PM
    No excuses for being late to treatments. And ultimately, only Richardson and that locker room knows for sure what the real story is. He may have well been high maintenance and standoffish. But that could also validate what Cris Carter says about him. What comes off as unengaged may just be someone who rather keeps to themselves. I'm sure that doesn't fly for many in the NFL. But I doubt he's the first player to not be as "ra-ra" as some would like them to be.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-22-2013 03:14 PM
    No excuses for being late to treatments. And ultimately, only Richardson and that locker room knows for sure what the real story is. He may have well been high maintenance and standoffish. But that could also validate what Cris Carter says about him. What comes off as unengaged may just be someone who rather keeps to themselves. I'm sure that doesn't fly for many in the NFL. But I doubt he's the first player to not be as "ra-ra" as some would like them to be.
    That was a tag placed on Chad Henne when he was here in Miami and you're seeing it with Flacco in Baltimore. Just because you're a quiet, no-fuss kind of guy doesn't mean you don't care about your team or your teammates. Not everybody can be a Ray Lewis (please, keep the Ray-Ray comments to football).
    09-22-2013 06:42 PM
    I had high hopes for a close, great game in SF...I'll take a stomping though.
    Laura Knotek, john_v and snowmutt like this.
    09-22-2013 10:26 PM
    Biggest (pleasant) surprise for me so far is the performance of the Bears offensive line...zero sacks yesterday. Even if the Steelers aren't playing their best, its a great confidence booster to build on down the road.
    gedzum and snowmutt like this.
    09-23-2013 05:14 AM
    I am today officially embarrassed to be a Giants fan. 7 sacks allowed, penalties reversing touchdowns, penalties on punts, fumbles and interceptions, No running game, no passing game. Deservedly 0-3.

The only brightside is we cant get any worse.
    09-23-2013 05:30 AM
    Still trying to digest what my 'Phins did to the Falcons. Nice to be 3-0 and not have to hear about playing a cupcake schedule. Speaking of cupcakes, anybody catch The U covering a 60 point spread?
    snowmutt and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-23-2013 07:27 AM
    I'm hoping that the Giants go to 0-4 during the upcoming weekend.
    09-23-2013 08:55 AM
    That's fair comment about Trent Richardson then. Didn't realise that part about him. Nice to see the Browns get a win against the Vikings (since I'm a Bears fan ). Hoyer looks promising and tight end Cameron looked great.

On a another note, so happy to see the Bears put up a nice scoreline. They're playing very well at the moment, I can only hope they can keep this up. Defense seemed to give up some more big plays, in this case Antonio Brown. They need to iron that out asap, looking at their schedule they got a few very strong passing teams on the way. Also a shame about Melton's injury.

I am today officially embarrassed to be a Giants fan. 7 sacks allowed, penalties reversing touchdowns, penalties on punts, fumbles and interceptions, No running game, no passing game. Deservedly 0-3.

I have Eli Manning in my WPC fantasy league. At one point he was scoring me -1 point. I think the time has come to drop him. I can't believe they got shutout though, considering the weapons they have on offense. I'm sure they'll find their winning touch soon enough. A lot of those players are no strangers to success.
    john_v and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-23-2013 12:20 PM
    I guess in the "moral victory" department I can make the argument the Bucs are the best 0-3 team in the NFL.

To the Colts: Wow. Just..... Wow.

To the 49ers: Dudes.... REALLY??? That is all you had???

To the Falcons: With a loss next week, proving yourselves in the play-offs will not be a problem. 1-3 teams just don't make it.

To the Seahawks: You did what good teams are supposed to do to bad teams. No let down after last week.

To the Giants: I've....... got nothing. You are on your own on this one.

To the Patriots: Why are you winning??? You just.... don't look good.....
    Laura Knotek and fatclue_98 like this.
    09-23-2013 12:53 PM

As a life long Bucs fan that suffered through 16 straight seasons of 10 losses or more, 4 straight years of picking #1 or #2 overall each year in that span, and enduring the "winking Buc" logo until the end of last century.....

Trust me. It always looks darkest just before it goes completely black. It most certainly can get worse....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-23-2013 12:57 PM
    As a life long Bucs fan that suffered through 16 straight seasons of 10 losses or more, 4 straight years of picking #1 or #2 overall each year in that span, and enduring the "winking Buc" logo until the end of last century.....

Trust me. It always looks darkest just before it goes completely black. It most certainly can get worse....
    You're right, it could be worse. You could be a Marlins fan like me.
    09-23-2013 01:47 PM
    The Niners are in for a long season of they can run it stop the run. Kaps arm is wasted if they can't win in the trenches running the ball.

Baseball by the Bay was bad enough, can't have football stink too!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-23-2013 11:02 PM
    The Niners are in for a long season of they can run it stop the run. Kaps arm is wasted if they can't win in the trenches running the ball.

Sure you don't want Alex Smith back? At least he kept turnovers to a minimum.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-23-2013 11:39 PM

Kap is so over rated it is ridiculous. It is amazing how much people jumped on his bandwagon. There are broadcasters that said that if the 2012 draft happened again and they were in charge, they would have picked Kap over Luck...insane stuff if you ask me.
    09-24-2013 12:35 AM
    My bay is better.

Sincerely,
    Chesapeake Bay resident
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-24-2013 12:37 PM
    My bay is better.

Sincerely,
    Chesapeake Bay resident
    Yeah, but my bay (Biscayne) doesn't freeze. Honeys 24/365.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-24-2013 02:29 PM
    Yeah, but my bay (Biscayne) doesn't freeze. Honeys 24/365.
    Lol my bay doesn't freeze!! But it does get near freezing sometimes! I've been to your bay, its ight lol
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-24-2013 02:50 PM
    Sadden about the state of the Niners, but happy for my man Alex Smith in KC.
    09-24-2013 05:32 PM
435 12345 ...