02-09-2014 06:43 PM
435 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Snowmutt, what are your thoughts on this Josh Freeman situation with your bucs? I haven't had much time to look into it, but looks like he wants a trade. Are you confident in the backups?
    There is an old sports thought: If you can't be good, at least be interesting. And this Josh Freeman situation keeps my Bucs interesting. I can see him still becoming a very solid NFL QB. He needs the right situation and someone who truly understands how to coach QB's. He is really, really fragile. Once he starts going South, he falls completely off the map. But from everything I have heard (until this year) is that he is a hard study, hard working, willing to go the extra mile kind of worker. He is big, strong, not real mobile but he is shifty, and the man has a rifle. I hope he gets a second chance somewhere stable.

Not sure why anyone would trade for him. He hasn't proved himself and he is a free agent.

Mike Glennon was okay. I saw some nice decisions. He was also very much a rookie. Hey, we can chase Jax for that #1 pick.
    gedzum and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-02-2013 08:09 AM
    Pretty s@#tty of whomever in that organization leaked information that shouldn't have been about this kid. Just goes to show you how ruthless the asshats running the teams can be.
    Laura Knotek and snowmutt like this.
    10-03-2013 09:02 AM
    Pretty s@#tty of whomever in that organization leaked information that shouldn't have been about this kid. Just goes to show you how ruthless the asshats running the teams can be.
    It makes no sense for the front office to leak the info, they're trying to find a trade partner. I would put my money on Schiano.
    10-03-2013 01:13 PM
    It makes no sense for the front office to leak the info, they're trying to find a trade partner. I would put my money on Schiano.
    Teams collude all the time to keep players out of a job. And if it was Schiano, I'm sure he isn't alone in this. Although I bet if tongues start wagging, he'll be the first thrown under the bus
    10-03-2013 08:36 PM
    Yay! Browns won.
    gedzum and fatclue_98 like this.
    10-04-2013 12:05 AM
    Yay! Browns won.
    That so sucks what happened to Hoyer. Truly sucks.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-04-2013 11:54 AM
    I wouldn't be opposed to us grabbing freeman as insurance for weeden. I really dont want to see Jason Campbell come on the field.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-04-2013 12:25 PM
    How about them Horseshoes?!
    10-06-2013 04:47 PM
    I can accept the Saints' thrashing, but today was awful. Tannehill's gonna have a short career if they can't protect him.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-06-2013 05:11 PM
    That Broncos/Cowboys game was insane. I'm glad Romo played well enough to get me win my fantasy game this week.

Back to reality, I think alot of the criticism he gets is a little extreme. But there seems to be something off with Romo and his internal clock at the end of a game.
    Laura Knotek and FinancialP like this.
    10-06-2013 09:16 PM
    ^ yeah it's mental thing. Everyone in the bar here knew he would collapse at least once in the fourth.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-06-2013 09:21 PM
    Back to reality, I think alot of the criticism he gets is a little extreme. But there seems to be something off with Romo and his internal clock at the end of a game.
    No it's not haha. The only reason he got the points he did was cause Denver has never had a grade A defense. Without Champ Bailey and without Von Miller the defense is crippled. Champ knocks out the best receiver for a team and keeps players like Rodgers-Cromartie off the field so they don't make the mistakes he made(and he made a lot this game), and Miller would have had those missed sacks on Romo. Most of Romo's good passes were from wide open receivers cause Denver D was, and always have been, a bit slow.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-06-2013 09:27 PM
    That Broncos/Cowboys game was insane. I'm glad Romo played well enough to get me win my fantasy game this week.

I can't stand people blaming Romo for this loss. I like to hate on Romo as much as the next guy, but that was the defense's loss. If putting up 48 isn't enough, Romo isn't your problem.
    Laura Knotek and baseballbert like this.
    10-06-2013 09:38 PM
    Texans fans feelings right now

10-06-2013 10:18 PM
    Texans fans feelings right now

Well at least Texans fans had 2 years of fun while the Colts rebooted...
    10-06-2013 10:21 PM
    I can't stand people blaming Romo for this loss. I like to hate on Romo as much as the next guy, but that was the defense's loss. If putting up 48 isn't enough, Romo isn't your problem.
    +1, dude threw for over 500 TDs and five scores. The defense gave up a ton of points. Not Romos fault. Manning threw a pick and he's not getting drilled.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-06-2013 10:48 PM
    But let's talk something fun. The Niners crushed Houston!! Very nice!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-06-2013 10:49 PM
    But let's talk something fun. The Niners crushed Houston!! Very nice!
    Even as a 49ers fan, you have to find it hilarious that some think Kaepernick could become the greatest QB ever (I'm looking at you Jaws). It is amazing how fast people jump on and off of bandwagons.
    10-06-2013 11:01 PM
    Romo does get some of the blame. Sure he put up 48. But it doesn't mean squat if your throwing picks in your own end of the field, in a tight game.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-06-2013 11:24 PM
    Romo does get some of the blame. Sure he put up 48. But it doesn't mean squat if your throwing picks in your own end of the field, in a tight game.
    To me, it is like people you blame refs for games. 99% of the time, if the team would have done their job in 50 other plays, it wouldn't have mattered. How about this: If a defense held the other team scoreless until the last minute and lost 0-7, would you say the defense was the reason they lost? Of course not.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-06-2013 11:28 PM
    To me, it is like people you blame refs for games. 99% of the time, if the team would have done their job in 50 other plays, it wouldn't have mattered. How about this: If a defense held the other team scoreless until the last minute and lost 0-7, would you say the defense was the reason they lost? Of course not.
    Especially if that 7 came on a punt return.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-07-2013 12:49 AM
    No one is suggesting the defense be left off the hook for not showing up (for either team). With that in mind, you would think the offense would make sure to be more careful with the ball, not give Peyton another opportunity to score points.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-07-2013 07:11 AM
    No one is suggesting the defense be left off the hook for not showing up (for either team). With that in mind, you would think the offense would make sure to be more careful with the ball, not give Peyton another opportunity to score points.
    Romo made one mistake. Otherwise, he was RIDICULOUSLY good. No quaterback should have to be 100% perfect just to barely win a game. You know what that means? The rest of the team sucked big time. Everyone on that team should be buying Romo dinner and apologizing for ruining his great performance. I watched the entire game, and anyone being realistic knows it wasn't Romo that lost that game.

It sort of reminds me of couple of years with Manning in Indy. He had to carry the entire team. Some games he would get blame for when it clearly was just about everyone else's fault besides him.

Stop looking at the game as if the 4th quarter is weighed heavier. 21 points in the first count just as much as 21 in the 4th.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-07-2013 08:55 AM
    As much as I like to laugh at Romo and his mistakes I can't blame him for the loss. If your QB throws 5 TDs, 500+ yards and only 1 pick and you still lose then it's not the QBs fault. Dallas hasn't had a good secondary ever since they had Roy Williams back there on safety.

At the same time I think Manning is going to have one of those seasons where he tears it up in the regular season but will fizzle in the playoffs. Teams with that bad of a defense don't usually make it too far.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-07-2013 11:14 AM
    As much as I like to laugh at Romo and his mistakes I can't blame him for the loss. If your QB throws 5 TDs, 500+ yards and only 1 pick and you still lose then it's not the QBs fault. Dallas hasn't had a good secondary ever since they had Roy Williams back there on safety.

At the same time I think Manning is going to have one of those seasons where he tears it up in the regular season but will fizzle in the playoffs. Teams with that bad of a defense don't usually make it too far.
    Have to agree. Look at the '84 Dolphins, Marino tore the league up and set records that are just being broken in the last couple of years and couldn't seal the deal. Any Air Coryell teams will also fit the bill.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-07-2013 11:51 AM
435 ... 34567 ...