Official NFL Thread - 2013

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
What a weird finish to MNF. I hate it when there is a controversal call on the last drive of a close game. What it will do is cast a shadow on the fact that Carolina was KILLER on third downs (73%) and Cam Newton has put to rest all those critizisms of him from last season, when he had a step back in his second year. As a Bucs fan, I should HATE this kid. He is going to destroy my team for years to come. But, he loves this game, loves his team, loves being a QB, is exciting, and is making great plays. On top of that, he is fine with punting and letting this amazing defense win games for him this year.

I will call it if no one else will: Carolina takes this division from New Orleans. This year. Seattle will be a tough out if they have home field, but Carolina will be fun to watch.

I guess Ron Rivera isn't getting fired after all. Too bad. Tampa will need a coach soon, and he would have fit perfect with the talent on our "D".

Need a coach, a pair of coordinators and a GM? Look to the South and I'll bet you can find all 4 after the season. I know you didn't want to discuss a soap opera but we have the entire cast available.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I have given up.

Can nyone else make sense of this season?

What is Detroit doing losing to my Bucs?

How does Denver choke away that big of a lead?

I am okay with Chicago losing to the Rams, but that was not even close!!

I am okay with Indy losing to the Cards, but that was not even close!!

Ummm.... Jacksonville??

Weren't some people picking Atlanta and Houston to go to the Super Bowl??

I give.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Side note: Heard on ESPN this morning that there are 357 players on IR, an average of 11 per team.

About this safer game they are building.....

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I have given up.

Ummm.... Jacksonville??

I give.

Break up the Bucs! Hide the women and children.

The minute they punk slapped my 'Phins now they think they can beat anybody.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I have given up.

Ummm.... Jacksonville??

I give.

The Bears defence makes me want to cry.

Happy the Bucs beat the Lions. I might have to pick up Glennon for my fantasy team ;)

On a side note, is anyone having issues with watching videos on NFL.com? The videos don't load for me.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Side note: Heard on ESPN this morning that there are 357 players on IR, an average of 11 per team.

About this safer game they are building.....

I don't know if the NFL is so much worried about season ending injuries that don't involve getting your brain rattled. Although I guess the ambiguity of what's a legal hit and what isn't is the cause. But I've always felt if players learned how to tackle properly to begin with, it would cut down injuries

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if the NFL is so much worried about season ending injuries that don't involve getting your brain rattled. Although I guess the ambiguity of what's a legal hit and what isn't is the cause. But I've always felt if players learned how to tackle properly to begin with, it would cut down injuries

If players tackled properly they wouldn't make it on SportsCenter. Instead of making the highlight reel they need to wrap up.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
If players tackled properly they wouldn't make it on SportsCenter. Instead of making the highlight reel they need to wrap up.

Yeah, that is the problem with the ESPN age- the little things that win games make for boring highlights. But they make for way more dramatic game for those of us who watch the sport from beginning to end. The casual fan may love the 42-35 games, but I think 24-17 games that are well played, well tackled, and every score and possesion count are way better.

I am starting to sound old...

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Good to see my Bucs back to their underperforming selves.

Liking the Jags winning. Also, I would have laughed hard had the helpless Texans finished off the Pats.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Good to see my Bucs back to their underperforming selves.

Liking the Jags winning. Also, I would have laughed hard had the helpless Texans finished off the Pats.

My Jags are 3-1 in their last 4 games! I know it's a true rebuilding, but I like the effort all year. We do need a QB, as Gabbert isn't cutting it and Henne is one of the top 10 backups in the league, not a starter...

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The Jags are playing very hard. Teams need to take them serious, or Jacksonville will continue to get wins.

And, yeah, right now they have 2 very solid back-ups competeing for the starting job. Luckily, they will be in the top 10 picks, and this is a very good year for QB's.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The Jags are playing very hard. Teams need to take them serious, or Jacksonville will continue to get wins.

And, yeah, right now they have 2 very solid back-ups competeing for the starting job. Luckily, they will be in the top 10 picks, and this is a very good year for QB's.

Nobody's going to be more aggressive in trying to land a franchise QB more than the Jets. What a pathetic display against my 'Phins. Even their vaunted defense made Tannehill look like the second coming of Dan Marino. That team's got problems, and it ain't the coaching.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Nobody's going to be more aggressive in trying to land a franchise QB more than the Jets. What a pathetic display against my 'Phins. Even their vaunted defense made Tannehill look like the second coming of Dan Marino. That team's got problems, and it ain't the coaching.

I think Browns need QB even more than Jets.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Browns were so bad that a sports guy on the radio held a funeral service for them tonight.

In the Browns' defense, they have a playoff caliber defense. They have no QB play, and that has killed them Hoyer was good, Campbell was serviceable and Weeden is atrocious. Weeden is playing because both guys are injured...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
In the Browns' defense, they have a playoff caliber defense. They have no QB play, and that has killed them Hoyer was good, Campbell was serviceable and Weeden is atrocious. Weeden is playing because both guys are injured...
Joe Haden did blow a critical play today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss