Official NFL Thread - 2013

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else besides me not understanding having THREE games in London next year?? I love them doing one and pushing the brand. But... THREE??

Try a couple other markets internationally. Barcelona, somewhere in Germany, heck- Mexico City would go nuts for a game.

I don't know why they stopped doing the games in Mexico City, those were fun. I remember being in Guatemala watching the Cards/Bears game when Denny Green had his famous meltdown "they are who we thought they were". Azteca Stadium was rockin'.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why they stopped doing the games in Mexico City, those were fun. I remember being in Guatemala watching the Cards/Bears game when Denny Green had his famous meltdown "they are who we thought they were". Azteca Stadium was rockin'.

Man, I love coaches meltdowns. Just not enough of those to go around. That Dennis Green one is a top 5 of all time. Everyone remembers Jim Mora's "Play-offs??" rant, but he had an equally great one in Indy where he went off on sports writers telling them ".....You do not know DIDDLY-SQUAT...and YOU NEVER WILL!!" Mike Dikta had a melt down every other week.

Growing up as Bucs fan, the best thing we had going was our first coach Jim McKay's one liners.

On if our running back James Wilder was carrying the ball too often: "Don't worry. It isn't that heavy."

On a college QB prospects claim that he could throw the football through the goal posts from the 50 yard line on his knees: "Now, all we need is someone up there to catch it."

And, of course his classic, during the coaches conference after a really bad whupping:

Reporter: "Coach, overall how do you feel about your teams execution today?"

McKay: "I am absolutely in favor of it."

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay.... Who woke up Tom Brady????

By the way.... Loved the Jump pass during the Bucs game. If you are gonna lose, muster up your inner Tim Tebow and make headlines!!

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
antonio.gif

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
BUCS WIN!!! BUCS WIN!!!

HOLY CRAP..... THE ...BUCS.....WIN!!!!!

Whew. Feel better. With Atlanta on deck and them pretty much phoning it in for the season, dare I hope for a 2 game win streak????

Oh, by the way, that Seattle team.... still pretty good. Carolina looks real good too.

Who wants the NFC East? Anybody?? Anyone??

john_v

Oct 15, 2006
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
I find it sad that here in Chicago, people hate jay cutler if the coach removes him due to injury and they say he's weak. But if the coach doesn't remove him due to injury, they say he costs the team a win. The guy can't catch a break.

Fickle sports fans...who knew?

Sent from my iPhone 5

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I find it sad that here in Chicago, people hate jay cutler if the coach removes him due to injury and they say he's weak. But if the coach doesn't remove him due to injury, they say he costs the team a win. The guy can't catch a break.

Fickle sports fans...who knew?

Sent from my iPhone 5

Yeah not a fan of the hate, they started the season pretty well with him and the second things go south they turn to him to shoulder the blame. The bears have been ravaged by injury, particularly on defense. They've trooped on well considering. I will say I would have liked to see McCown come on for at least the start of the fourth. The offense stalled quite often and perhaps it would have been a nice change of pace considering his prior form.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Allow me to interrupt this thread, to bring you this level headed, unemotional, totally unbiased post......

BUCS WIN 2 IN A ROW, BABY!!!! WOO-HOOOOO!! STAND BACK, GET THE KIDS OUT OF THE WATER, HIDE THE WOMEN'S EYES, AND SHUDDER IN FEAR NFL!! THE PIRATE SHIP IS BLASTING CANNONS AND THE REST OF THE SEASON IS OURS TO PLUNDER!!! MUW-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAA!!! ALL OTHER TEAMS, REPEAT TOPSIDE FOR YOUR TURN TO BE KICKED FROM THE PLANK!!!

Ahhhh.... feel better. We now return you to your thread, and I will also be coming back down to Earth to enjoy the reast of Tampa's 3-13 season next week.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
What a weird finish to MNF. I hate it when there is a controversal call on the last drive of a close game. What it will do is cast a shadow on the fact that Carolina was KILLER on third downs (73%) and Cam Newton has put to rest all those critizisms of him from last season, when he had a step back in his second year. As a Bucs fan, I should HATE this kid. He is going to destroy my team for years to come. But, he loves this game, loves his team, loves being a QB, is exciting, and is making great plays. On top of that, he is fine with punting and letting this amazing defense win games for him this year.

I will call it if no one else will: Carolina takes this division from New Orleans. This year. Seattle will be a tough out if they have home field, but Carolina will be fun to watch.

I guess Ron Rivera isn't getting fired after all. Too bad. Tampa will need a coach soon, and he would have fit perfect with the talent on our "D".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs