Visit site
Sigh...................................
sanders-hurt-GIF.gif

krqSyB7.png

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I find it sad that here in Chicago, people hate jay cutler if the coach removes him due to injury and they say he's weak. But if the coach doesn't remove him due to injury, they say he costs the team a win. The guy can't catch a break.

Fickle sports fans...who knew?

I totally understand why Cutler is out. There are a lot of legitimate reasons to remove Cutler. His foot hurts, he's having a bad hair day, Kristin doesn't have a valid Illinois license. Lots of legitimate reasons.

I'll be honest, I'd rather have Kyle Orton back.

I am still steaming from 6 years of Wannstedt's 5 year rebuilding process and faith he put in Erik Kramer who was nothing more than a mediocre (I'll cross the picket line) quarterback, but he beat Dallas once when Wannstedt was with Dallas, so he was the holy grail to Wannstedt.

Then to top it off, our new coach, Marc Trestman, he could star as a Zombie in The Walking Dead.

Rant off

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I totally understand why Cutler is out. There are a lot of legitimate reasons to remove Cutler. His foot hurts, he's having a bad hair day, Kristin doesn't have a valid Illinois license. Lots of legitimate reasons.

I am still steaming from 6 years of Wannstedt's 5 year rebuilding process and faith he put in Erik Kramer who was nothing more than a mediocre (I'll cross the picket line) quarterback, but he beat Dallas once when Wannstedt was with Dallas, so he was the holy grail to Wannstedt.

Then to top it off, our new coach, Marc Trestman, he could star as a Zombie in The Walking Dead.

Rant off

I feel your Wannstedt pain. He literally ran Ricky Williams into retirement during his stay here (400+ carries PER YEAR). Kramer sucked in Detroit, why not Chicago?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Wannstedt sure left his mark on several franchises, didn't he?

Throw in his mediocre run at the U of Pittsburgh, and that man was as consistent of a .500 coach as there has ever been.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Rant off

Not to mention watching the defense play is painful. I feel like opposing offenses are playing Madden on the rookie difficulty. I get the mounting injuries, but surely pro level replacements can't be this bad.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Rant off

So, I am curious, Mr Palandri......

Off hand, are you a tad disappointed in your season?

I am getting a slightly negative vibe. Just want to be sure I wasn't off base.....

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The following is a snowmutt rant. Feel free to skip and move on.

*steps up on soap box, clears throat*

Okay, my Gators will not fire Will Muschamp (he is a Georgia Grad. GEORGIA!! THEY HIRED A GRAD FROM OUR ARCH-RIVAL TO COACH AT FLORIDA!! I am still numb, 4 years later.) Just as a quick update, so you feel the full weight of this situation:

-He is 4-11 VS. ranked opponets.
-This was our first losing season since 1979.
-This was the first season we lost to Vanderbilt at home since the 1950's.
-He is 0-4 VS. Georgia in the World's Largest Cocktail Party game.
-We lost to a lower division school, in Gainesville, for the first time I think ever, when the team did not complete 1 pass in the game.

Okay, fine. UF is trying to be classy, give the man one more season. I will deal.

I vented about that on the Pro Football thread so you understand my next rant: I need to lose one of the 2 coaches of my teams that are in over their head. I need Tampa to dump Schiano. He is a good coordinator, and a fine College coach. He is a drowning, unable to adjust, poor in game manager in the NFL. I will even give him points on the Freeman-Glenning QB situation- except the change should have been made in the off season or at the beginning of the season. What kind of NFL head coach sticks with a QB he doesn't believe in, fosters division in the locker room, and then cut the starting QB to put us one person down in the most important position in all of sports and throw away the first 6 games of the season? What kind of NFL coach continues to run defensive schemes when his players, a very talented bunch, are suited for another type of scheme? I understand there have been a ton of injuries on the "O" side of the ball, and that they have looked better in the last few games. That is fools gold. Teams did not take the Bucs seriously for a few weeks in a row.

I just want a ready-for-prime-time player heading up a NFL team. Someone who adjusts his schemes to his talent, understanding that in the pros you take the best players available and put them in a position to win. I want a man who doesn't play head games and fosters team unity. A serious coach who puts a staff together that can make adjustments in game.

It isn't just me, it is all of the region. This franchise has had one- ONE- sell out since they fired Jon Gruden.

Dang it..... I just want a chance to win before this young talent (Tampa is the second youngest team in the league, behind Cleveland I think) starts to get wasted or goes off to greener pastures.

And I do not think it will happen unless Tampa loses out. Is it wrong to cheer for your favorite team to lose???

*hangs head, climbs off of soap box, wiping tears from his eyes."

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The following is a snowmutt rant. Feel free to skip and move on.

*steps up on soap box, clears throat*

Okay, my Gators will not fire Will Muschamp (he is a Georgia Grad. GEORGIA!! THEY HIRED A GRAD FROM OUR ARCH-RIVAL TO COACH AT FLORIDA!! I am still numb, 4 years later.) Just as a quick update, so you feel the full weight of this situation:

-He is 4-11 VS. ranked opponets.
-This was our first losing season since 1979.
-This was the first season we lost to Vanderbilt at home since the 1950's.
-He is 0-4 VS. Georgia in the World's Largest Cocktail Party game.
-We lost to a lower division school, in Gainesville, for the first time I think ever, when the team did not complete 1 pass in the game.

Okay, fine. UF is trying to be classy, give the man one more season. I will deal.

I vented about that on the Pro Football thread so you understand my next rant: I need to lose one of the 2 coaches of my teams that are in over their head. I need Tampa to dump Schiano. He is a good coordinator, and a fine College coach. He is a drowning, unable to adjust, poor in game manager in the NFL. I will even give him points on the Freeman-Glenning QB situation- except the change should have been made in the off season or at the beginning of the season. What kind of NFL head coach sticks with a QB he doesn't believe in, fosters division in the locker room, and then cut the starting QB to put us one person down in the most important position in all of sports and throw away the first 6 games of the season? What kind of NFL coach continues to run defensive schemes when his players, a very talented bunch, are suited for another type of scheme? I understand there have been a ton of injuries on the "O" side of the ball, and that they have looked better in the last few games. That is fools gold. Teams did not take the Bucs seriously for a few weeks in a row.

I just want a ready-for-prime-time player heading up a NFL team. Someone who adjusts his schemes to his talent, understanding that in the pros you take the best players available and put them in a position to win. I want a man who doesn't play head games and fosters team unity. A serious coach who puts a staff together that can make adjustments in game.

It isn't just me, it is all of the region. This franchise has had one- ONE- sell out since they fired Jon Gruden.

Dang it..... I just want a chance to win before this young talent (Tampa is the second youngest team in the league, behind Cleveland I think) starts to get wasted or goes off to greener pastures.

And I do not think it will happen unless Tampa loses out. Is it wrong to cheer for your favorite team to lose???

*hangs head, climbs off of soap box, wiping tears from his eyes."

Of course it's ok to cheer for your team to lose. We had the "suck for Luck" campaign down here a couple of years ago. Too bad Mase's Indy squad sucked more than my 'Phins.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
If you see me disappear from these boards it's because the Dolphins caused me to have another heart attack. Watching football with a bottle of beer and a bottle of Nitroglycerin is not my idea of fun.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Gotta hand it to the Browns! No other team consistently finds so many ways to lose. :unhappy:

The Browns played well enough to win today - it took some help from the zebras (that wasn't PI in the end zone that set up the GW TD) and a HOF QB for the Pats to win. And if the Browns were able to have gotten a little closer, I think they'd have hit that FG to win it.

The Browns are better than people think. They remind me of the Bengals of a few years ago...a consistent QB away from contending for a playoff spot.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, my Bucs just beat the dog snot out of Buffalo to win 3 of 4. Another win will keep our coach in a job. Oh, well, I will be happy to be proven wrong if he makes some strides in the offseason.

Games are just all over the place. These races for the wild card positions and a few of these division races are going to be fun to watch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss