Official NFL Thread - 2013

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The biggest loser yesterday was the Detroit Lions. Schwartz is pretty much done there. They should have won the game yesterday and be back in control of the division. Give my Giants credit for winning a game they shouldn't have.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I watched the game yesterday and in defense of the club, they need a QB, and more importantly, a home run threat at RB. Campbell is OK, but a back up. The team isn't built to come from behind just yet. And that defense,gets worn down so by the 4th quarter, they cannot stop a soul.
Funny part is, nearly half the teams in this league are playing with back ups at the starting QB position. There just ain't 32 NFL caliber signal callers in the NFL. I would say there are 10-12 QB's that are playmakers, maybe another 5 that are good game managers.

Then comes the rest of the QB's. I mean Arizona is happy with Carson Palmer and to me he is the ultimate back up QB that has gotten tons of cash posing as a starter.

Poor Browns fans have had a parade of back-ups as starters since Bernie Kosar left. My Bucs won the SuperBowl in 2002 with Brad Johnson at QB. That's right: THE Brad Johnson. Who threw an INT on his first pass of the SuperBowl and was never a starter again after the following season.

Makes me want to warn the Bears fans in my area as they ask for the Bears to dump Cutler- who is mistake prone but is a true QB you can win with, for McCown:

Careful for what you wish for. He is a GREAT back up that has no place starting for 16 games and into the play-offs for you. Once NFL Defenses figure out his limitations, you would really miss that arm of Cutler who can get the football 60 yards downfield with a flick of the wrist.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Not as ugly as Browns. They're just mailing it in at this point, but what's the point? Browns haven't done anything good in their previous drafts, so why should I think their upcoming draft picks will be any better? Why should I think Mike Lombardi learned how to be a GM? He wasn't any good the first time around.
As the fan of a team who lost at least 10 games for 16 straight seasons as I grew up:

Ouch. I can feel that pain through the internet.

*drops flower on grave of Browns season*

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Funny part is, nearly half the teams in this league are playing with back ups at the starting QB position. There just ain't 32 NFL caliber signal callers in the NFL. I would say there are 10-12 QB's that are playmakers, maybe another 5 that are good game managers.

Then comes the rest of the QB's. I mean Arizona is happy with Carson Palmer and to me he is the ultimate back up QB that has gotten tons of cash posing as a starter.

Poor Browns fans have had a parade of back-ups as starters since Bernie Kosar left. My Bucs won the SuperBowl in 2002 with Brad Johnson at QB. That's right: THE Brad Johnson. Who threw an INT on his first pass of the SuperBowl and was never a starter again after the following season.

Makes me want to warn the Bears fans in my area as they ask for the Bears to dump Cutler- who is mistake prone but is a true QB you can win with, for McCown:

Careful for what you wish for. He is a GREAT back up that has no place starting for 16 games and into the play-offs for you. Once NFL Defenses figure out his limitations, you would really miss that arm of Cutler who can get the football 60 yards downfield with a flick of the wrist.

The main problem with Cutler is he is injury-prone. He would be good if he didn't keep getting hurt.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The main problem with Cutler is he is injury-prone. He would be good if he didn't keep getting hurt.

I agree with that. I guess what it comes down to is price and length of contract. If Cutler can be signed for like 3 years at 12-13 million per year, that is a good gamble.

I do not sign him at the 17 million I hear kicked around it will take to resign him unless it is not for more then one year. Longer, those injuries sure become a factor.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I agree with that. I guess what it comes down to is price and length of contract. If Cutler can be signed for like 3 years at 12-13 million per year, that is a good gamble.

I do not sign him at the 17 million I hear kicked around it will take to resign him unless it is not for more then one year. Longer, those injuries sure become a factor.

17 million? That's a laugh. He's about 12-14 million. I may do 14 per for 4 years at most, the base being 12 per year with 2 million in incentives...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

You could say that about any NFL QB. Manning is a walking chandelier, but he's barely been touched. Meanwhile, my boy Tannehill is getting killed and the hits finally got to him last week.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I still love watching old videos of the scrambling king, Fran Tarkenton. No other quarterback was more entertaining when he scrambled. He would run so many different directions when he had to scramble that the announcer would get confused on where the line of scrimmage was, and/or which direction his team was originally going. :cool:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I still love watching old videos of the scrambling king, Fran Tarkenton. No other quarterback was more entertaining when he scrambled. He would run so many different directions when he had to scramble that the announcer would get confused on where the line of scrimmage was, and/or which direction his team was originally going. :cool:

He even confused his own players. Look what happened to Jim Marshall.

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 53092
tumblr_inline_mxkcn4crX31qih9gi.gif

Hate to add full to the fire, but some of my followers have pointed out that SD was in an illegal defensive formation on the missed FG -
Mike Pereira

They are correct. SD had more than 6 players on one side of the center on the line of scrimmage. That is a new rule and a foul. -
Mike Pereira

Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.jpg
Ari-Gold-Anger-Throws-Phone-Against-Wall-Entourage.jpg

Last edited:

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
An absolute embarresment of a Bears defense. The Bears defense has been poor throughout the year so I guess it's no surprise they cost us the game, but I just don't understand how they can be that bad. Guys running through them like they're not even there and receivers wide open on numerous plays. That last TD on 4th down summed up their play. What a disappointment. Makes it even more disappointing that the offense play good football for the most part. Slow 1st half, but went into high gear in the 2nd half and I think the play was enough to win the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte