Official NFL Thread - 2013

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Wow! What a way to start the playoffs! Boy, somebody has to lose this game but man, mad props to both the Colts and the Chiefs. Guess people can stop bashing Alex Smith about him being a game manager...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Our resident Indy man mase must be ecstatic. If he's regained consciousness yet.

Shame somebody had to lose, but it was an Andy Reid team after all.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am working midnight shift, so I had to get some sleep. I have ESPN updates sent to my phone through texts. I went to sleep, Indy is getting thumped. I wake up, I have 12 unread messages. The first couple I am scrolling through are all Alex Smith related- yardage, TD's KC total offense. So here I am thinking Chiefs have rolled. As I am scrolling down, "2nd greatest comeback in play-off history" catches my eye....

Stupid work. Stupid sleep. Can't believe I missed that!!!

New Orleans/Philly also a good game. But did anyone besides me feel that this game was the Saints when the Eagles only had a 1 point lead and Brees took the field with just over 5 minutes left?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm 2 for 2 so far. Let's see how this looks today. In last year's office pool, I was perfect on Wild Card Sunday but came 4th. There's at least $100 on the line here...

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Chargers advance. Bengals, especially QB Dalton, made too many mistakes.

Green Bay game is starting now at 5 degrees.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
4 for 4 this weekend. On to the divisional round! I'm cautiously optimistic with next week, as it's all about winning the pool...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Everybody seems to be anointing the Broncos. They remind me too much of the '84 Dolphins, score a ton of points and hope that Marino has the ball last. Denver's defense doesn't impress me enough to think they can stop Newton, Brees or even Wilson.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Everybody seems to be anointing the Broncos. They remind me too much of the '84 Dolphins, score a ton of points and hope that Marino has the ball last. Denver's defense doesn't impress me enough to think they can stop Newton, Brees or even Wilson.

Now that Favre has retired Payton is up on that pedestal. He's great, but they make it seem as though he can walk on water. It gets a little old.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
3 for 4 this weekend. Not only was I wrong about Cinncy, that was my upset this weekend: Bengels beat the Pats.

Don't I just feel stupid?

Kinda hard for them to beat the mighty Pats on the road in week 2 if they can't take out the Chargers at home in week 1.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Colts VS. Pats.... Go with my gut: Patriots win going away, or my heart: Really would like to see the Colts win.

I still will go with Denver over Chargers. I have to admit that Fatclue has a solid point. It IS all about Peyton, and that is a dangerous thing. The NFL isn't college. Cam Newton can put an Auburn on his back and win it all, but no one player can on this level. Denver's "D" has to step up at some point.

Seattle still thumps New Orleans on the strength of their defense and Marshawn Lynch is a beast. Carolina takes out San Fran on the strength of Palandri's niece off the chain cheers.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Side note: San Fran edges out a very mediocre Green Bay team with a very weak "D" on a last second field goal, and everyone at ESPN and Fox Sports are all on their bandwagon.

These guys get paid good money to evaluate and not just knee jerk their reactions. San Fran is good enough to go to the Bowl, but that game last week showed me a ton of flaws that just were not there last year.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
49ers have always been a favorite to get back to the SB. Even with all the questions concerning Colin Kaepernick. So I'm not entirely surprised they are being talked about like they are. I think the spotlight gets too much for Carolina and the Niners beat them handly.

As for the Pats vs Colts, my heart says the Pats find a way to get it done. But the Pats have been decimated with injury after injury. The loss of Spikes just might be a bit too much for them to overcome. Just hoping someone has the desire to step up. Also wonder how the signing of Deion Branch comes into play. Though I suspect its more for information purposes than he actually making a difference. But then, you never know.

I've always liked Pete Carroll (going back to his days as the Pats head coach). I enjoy watching the Seahawks play. But I think the Saints go into Seattle and win a close game.

Don't know how to call the Broncos/Chargers. Chargers have already beat them at home this year. Broncos defense took a further hit with the loss of Miller. I'm expecting a shootout. But then, that's why they play the games. To see how this all plays out

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
My picks for this weekend will be Saints to beat Seattle and Niners to beat Carolina. The road to the Superbowl will take a left and go through Candlestick one last time (again).

For AFC, Chargers beat the Broncos, because Rivers is playing like a psycho with a belt buckle tied round his neck. You don't mess with a psycho with a belt buckle tied round his neck. And everytime I count out the Colts, Luck goes on not 1, but multiple 2 minute drills to come from a huge deficit. Colts over Pats.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss