Official NFL Thread - 2013

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, I went 2 out of 4 in divisional round, so I'm officially out of my office pool. I wanted to pick chalk and choose NE and SF, but wanted to see Carolina and Indy play one more week. Ah well. On to Championship Sunday...

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Your AFC pick could be true but I don't see SF hanging 30 on Seattle in their house.

Depends on how the refs call the game. If they're strict on defensive holding calls by secondary, then the ball will move up quickly and often. If the refs let them play, then I think you're right about a low scoring game.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Your AFC pick could be true but I don't see SF hanging 30 on Seattle in their house.

I tthink it'll be close til it gets to the 4th quarter. If Seattle doesn't figure out how to get something out of Russell Wilson and their passing game, San Fran is gonna eventually wear them down and I can see them breaking the game open late

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I tthink it'll be close til it gets to the 4th quarter. If Seattle doesn't figure out how to get something out of Russell Wilson and their passing game, San Fran is gonna eventually wear them down and I can see them breaking the game open late

They better find a way to get something out of Wilson. Lynch hasn't exactly been the picture of health in his NFL career. If the weather is anything like the New Orleans game, I doubt either team will be able to score more than 17. We'll see.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I don't think you guys should be listening to the media about Wilson and the passing game. They were playing conservative due to strong winds. I believe they will open it up against the Niners and the Niners will do the same.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you guys should be listening to the media about Wilson and the passing game. They were playing conservative due to strong winds. I believe they will open it up against the Niners and the Niners will do the same.

The guys hasn't passed for anything more than 206 yards in the last month and only has 3 touchdowns in his last four games or something like that. I'm not say Kaepernick is lighting up the scoreboard himself. But he's been a bit more productive than Russell Wilson has been

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The guys hasn't passed for anything more than 206 yards in the last month and only has 3 touchdowns in his last four games or something like that. I'm not say Kaepernick is lighting up the scoreboard himself. But he's been a bit more productive than Russell Wilson has been
Kaepernick has the better recievers, including a borderline HOFer in Bolden.

Wilson has the better running game, although not by much.

These teams could easily switch jerseys. They play very similar on both sides of the ball. I do think both QB's are playing a little conservative.

Tough call.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site

I'm obviously a Niners fan, but I believe everyone will see how truly good Wilson is this weekend. I have seen many of his videos, he is too good and accurate of a passer to be playing the way he has been. I also believe that this game might be a shootout, because Lynch will have a rough day. And Kaep is going to attack that secondary, like Ronnie Lott advised right before Seattle's loss at Candlestick earlier this year.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Things looking a little desperate for New England. A little over 7 minutes to go in the game as I type this. Denver moving the ball, up by 13, Peyton all serious. Can he put the nail in the coffin?

Wow.... make that up by 16. A clutch 54 yard FG from Matt Prater. Either a Denver stop or another couple of first downs after a New England score, and Denver goes SuperBowling.....

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Denver is going to do it.

This deal is done. Seal it. Excellent effort all around for Denver. All the press will be about Peyton- and he played great- but that Denver "D" was tough all game, Thomas is a beast at WR, there was some important runs, and have I mentioned I thought that 54 yard FG was stinking clutch?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay.... Ann Wilson (of Heart fame for you young whipper-snappers) just CRUSHED the National Anthem. To me, the Star Spangled Banner needs to be majestic and with power behind it, and she nailed it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb