Official NFL Thread - 2013

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Side note: One of these days, my Bucs really need to get an offensive player drafted worth a darn. Lee Roy Selmon (DE), Warren Sapp (DT), and Derrick Brooks (LB) are all defensive and are our HOFers. John Lynch (FS) and Ronde Barber (CB) are likely inductees at some point.

Yep, gonna be a long wait. I could argue for Mike Allstott, but in this day and age Fullbacks will get zero interest from voters.

Yep. Long stinking wait.

I may be wrong, but I think the last pure FB inducted was Larry Csonka. I still have that memory of him running over Vikings cornerback Bobby Bryant in SB VIII and dragging him for 10 yards.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I am really psyched up for the game. The #1 Offense going against the #1 Defense. Who wants the win more? I predict the Denver Broncos will show the nation why they're the #1 Offense and I predict the Seattle Seahawks will show the nation why they're the #1 Defense. :cool:

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I may be wrong, but I think the last pure FB inducted was Larry Csonka. I still have that memory of him running over Vikings cornerback Bobby Bryant in SB VIII and dragging him for 10 yards.
The Vikes should have won 2 Super bowls, but that was not one of them. Those Dolphins were a badarse team!

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I am really psyched up for the game. The #1 Offense going against the #1 Defense. Who wants the win more? I predict the Denver Broncos will show the nation why they're the #1 Offense and I predict the Seattle Seahawks will show the nation why they're the #1 Defense. :cool:

I'm glad the weather appears to not be a factor.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
1st play of the 2nd half and it's now 29-0 Seattle.

Peyton Manning has the opportunity now to lead the greatest Super Bowl comeback ever!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Denver's two glaring weaknesses showed up today: lack of pass rush, and lack of playmakers in the secondary. Their offensive line hadn't handled pressure well either.

Manning has looked ok, but man, Denver hadn't showed up really.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Seattle defense has obviously been great for the last three seasons. Tonight, they look like as dominant as the 2000 Baltimore Ravens. The best defense I've seen in my lifetime as an NFL fan.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Seattle defense has obviously been great for the last three seasons. Tonight, they look like as dominant as the 2000 Baltimore Ravens. The best defense I've seen in my lifetime as an NFL fan.
2013 Seattle or the 2000 Ravens are the best you've ever seen? Seattle is good but they hold on a lot and don't get called for it. nit to take anything away from their tight coverage, but seriously, they get away with a lot.

Edit: see... Next play was holding on their offense.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
You really can't attribute that to the "legend (I think you meant legion) of boom". That was an error on the part of Denver's offense.

Maybe the Legion of Boom scared the center and caused the error. OK, its a stretch. Wow, now it's 43-8 Seattle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99