Official NFL Thread - 2013

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
2013 Seattle or the 2000 Ravens are the best you've ever seen? Seattle is good but they hold on a lot and don't get called for it. nit to take anything away from their tight coverage, but seriously, they get away with a lot.

Edit: see... Next play was holding on their offense.

I've been an NFL fan since I was 14 years old (30 now). I can't think of any other defenses as dominant as these two (Maybe Tony Dungy's Bucs?). And sure, they get away with alot of holds. But so does everyone else. These guys are fast and are flat out knocking the Broncos around.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been an NFL fan since I was 14 years old (30 now). I can't think of any other defenses as dominant as these two (Maybe Tony Dungy's Bucs?). And sure, they get away with alot of holds. But so does everyone else. These guys are fast and are flat out knocking the Broncos around.

Being only 30 has deprived you of seeing the Steel Curtain of the seventies. They had no weak spots and produced quite a few Hall of Famers. The no-name Dolphins were a pretty good bunch too.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Dominant performance by Seattle. Since 2000, I'd rank them ahead of the Steelers SB defense and the Bucs, but behind BAL 2000 unit. They have the best depth on a SB winning team since 2000, no question.

Still, even though I haven't been around long enough to see them play, these boys couldn't hang with the 85 Bears, the 70s Steelers or MIA's no name bunch.

Man, opening night for next season NEEDS to be SF vs SEA in SEA...

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am just in awe. If I wanted Peyton to win to shut up the critics, I should have picked the Seahawks and jynxed theminstead of the Broncos.

Honestly, Denver's "D" held up real well. The played tough until the midway through the third, and really it wasn't until the forth quarter until the Seahawks got rolling. Give any team that many chances, and they will start making things happen.

Glad there was a Defensive player for MVP.

Percy Harvin picked a great game to play healthy.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
So glad Seattle won. I too had them by 1 touchdown, did not expect this blowout!

You know it's funny, I had no idea who would win. If I was leaning a hair, one way or the other, it was probably towards the Broncos due to Peyton's mastery of the quarterback position. I certainly didn't expect a blowout.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Peyton handled the post game interviews about as well as anyone in that position could. You know if you just look at the stats, it is amazing this thing was this lopsided.

Then you toss in 4 turnovers with a safety, and you go "Oh, yeah.... now it makes sense."

Just wonder what this game plays out as if it was a "best of three" or something like that.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Peyton handled the post game interviews about as well as anyone in that position could. You know if you just look at the stats, it is amazing this thing was this lopsided.

Then you toss in 4 turnovers with a safety, and you go "Oh, yeah.... now it makes sense."

Just wonder what this game plays out as if it was a "best of three" or something like that.

Typically when there is an excessive amount of passing vs rushing, the team will lose. Even Joe Montana did not have as many attempts or passing yards in Super Bowl XXIV. Super Bowl XXIV Box Score: San Francisco 55, Denver 10

Some form of running game is needed, not just all passing.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Eh I feel like Flacco had a good amount of passing attempts last year's super bowl. I couldn't find any numbers but if anybody can, I'm quite interested!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb