Password Manager

brendonlee

May 15, 2012
Visit site
What is everyone using as a password manager? I used to use 1Password and I'm not crazy about LastPass. Any other suggestions?

What I want/need:

- Stores passwords that may not belong to a website - LastPass failed at this
- Auto sync with SkyDrive (preferred) or DropBox or something
- PIN entry rather than master password every time - or allows you to store the master password (which I know defeats the purpose, but if I have a pin on my phone, I shouldn't have to enter it twice, right?)
- Password generator that allows you to choose to include numbers, letters, special characters, etc
- Password history (would be nice, but not required)

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Personally speaking, I don't use one. I tend to remember my passwords for important services and mix up (almost throw-away) passwords for websites. I tend to easily forget those passwords, so use the "Forgot Password" routine a lot.

Important services have a strong password, other websites/forums that don't contain any personal information are looser and different in content/form so guessing one won't give clues to anything else.

I just don't like the idea of storing all my passwords under the one pin/password.

But that's just me.

Miguel Arcilla

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I know it's not a very feature-heavy password manager, but I created one of my own :) Passwords | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) It doesn't use any permissions or internet access, and it encrypts all passwords and data storage. Doesn't have all you might need, but I'm planning on getting the generator up for the next version, and I'm looking at SkyDrive backups too (although that would kill my "no internet access" policy)

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I use sky wallet. Does all the above, and has a useable windows version.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I am all-in on LastPass. I think it's the absolute best solution for me. I gladly pay the $12 for the mobile subscription. Like someone else mentioned above, you can put non-website passwords or other random secure information in a Secure Note. I trust LastPass with my most secure information, even private keys for backups and whatnot.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I also use LastPass on my phone. I think it's the only one that actually goes to a site and fills in the login fields. If there's another app that does that and has cloud backup I'd appreciate knowing.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I just started to use Password Padlock to store my passwords, not to login with LastPass. It doesn't quite meet your criteria because instead of a true sync you upload and download the encrypted data file. I think you can use a PIN, though.

What's so great about it is there's a companion Windows 8 app. I was using eWallet but the phone app was a different program so I had to convert the file and save to Google Docs to use it on my phone. Password Padlock saves to SkyDrive.

It's not quite as flexible as eWallet and graphically pretty plain, but two big things going for it are it's completely free with no ads and the developer is very responsive.

Take a look at it; it may be what you want.

Vikram Dabas

May 29, 2013
Visit site
One of the finest password manager for Windows Phone is Enpass Password Manager. It is the best way to solve the day to day problem of people in remembering all their passwords. Enpass not only saves passwords but also other important credentials like Bank account, credit card, license, passport and much more. It is available for Free (trial version) on Windows Phone store so that customer can try this beautiful app.

Its clean, native and professional UI guarantees users a great experience. All your data is protected by AES 256 Encryption. The app is available on all major platforms, so you need not to worry which device are you using or going to buy as Sync with Dropbox make your data availability at anytime and on any platform.

Desktop version of Enpass for Mac has already been submitted and in review by App Store since more than a week and hope it will be released soon. For the Windows version the will be released by end of November. You can check the screenshots at: Enpass Password Manager

Password generator that allows you to choose unguessable password (include numbers, letters, special characters, etc). To make data entry quick and convenient the app has been preloaded with readymade templates for nearly every kind of information.

So this is worth to try from Windows Phone Store at:- Enpass Password Manager & Information Keeper | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It looks good! I'm using Password Padlock (above) but I always appreciate a good alternative.

I'd give this one a try if you can include a SkyDrive sync option. I don't use Dropbox and I really don't want to deal with yet another cloud account.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
An Update:

I've been using both Password Padlock and eWallet Go! for a while now and I still like PP a lot, but I have to say eWallet Go! probably gets my vote.

Both password managers have Windows Phone and desktop apps, and both manually sync, but eWallet Go! wins for graphics. It's not free like PP and it uses Google Drive or Dropbox instead of SkyDrive, but it's visually more appealing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12