In honor of 9/11....

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
"I am an American. That's the way most of us put it, just matter of factly. They are plain words, those four. You could write them on your thumbnail, or you could sweep them clear across this bright autumn sky. But remember too that they are more than words. They are a way of life. So whenever you speak them, speak them firmly; speak them proudly; speak them gratefully. I AM AN AMERICAN!"

Remembering everyone affected by 9-11

This is spoken before the opening of the giant American flag at the start of every home Purdue University football game. My sister posted it today on Facebook and fits well today.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It seems so long ago, yet so recently too. On 9/11, I lived about 2 miles from the Shanksville, PA crash site. Such a surreal moment to see my remote corner of the world thrust into the world spotlight as I watched the events unfold in DC and NYC on tv that morning.

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Patriotism is a very paradoxical thing. (I'm in high school so these are from my day to day) people seem to have a problem standing with hand over their heart and silent before a game. They feel the need to talk or laugh or do something but be silent. My school has JROTC and im In leadership. Most of the leadership wears their uniform correctly and with discipline. Many cadets in my platoon though think they can be outside without a hat or can wear the uniform looking like crap. Yet on days like 9/11 and 4th these same people are the most patriotic and make it well known. It makes me so frustrated. Either be a patriot everyday or never. Don't do it when it's convenient. Not saying ya'll do it just my observations. Live everyday like its the 4th.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss