HTC really struggling , 20% of american employees let go

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Why is HTC not able to bounce back, they made the best android smartphone of the year.
I mean even though with tons of advertising don't people who go into a store weigh options. How blind are people to advertising, this really interests me.

But it is good to know this might have been the future of Nokia ( I used the word might :D ), glad they chose WP.
Layoffs hit HTC America as the company struggles to turn itself around | The Verge

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
HTC shot themselves in the foot while they were soaring up the Android sales charts with the EVO brand success and the amazing Sense UI which added an amazing look to Android. Then, they forgot to support their brand, failing to provide fixes to audio problems and quirks in their devices. They made the moronic decision in 2010-11 to abandon the low end devices and feature phones sales doing the mobile version of throwing the baby out with the bath water. Then, they beat the horse they rode to respectability, adding layers to Sense so much it bogged down the devices to the point "lag" only hints at how bad it got. Add in that WP7 did not soar up the sales charts, and that as soon as Nokia released the 800 and 700 WP belonged to them, HTC is left with the scraps of 2 OS's.

I love the build and feel of HTC phones. But after my experiences with the Titan, T2, and my friends experiences with the Thunderbolt and EVO 3D, I am done with them until they prove that they will fix problems and provide software and firmware support to their devices.

Throw in Samsung has about 70% of Android sales while Nokia owns 78% of WP sales, and it is bleak, ain't it?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
They were able to bounce back slightly, and they are slightly better now at creating phones.

But, the keyword is slightly. The recovery was there, it just wasn't enough.

As for the advertising, I find myself being more sadistic with each passing day to the people who just blindly buy their phones out of sheer advertising.
A phone with practically the same specs as the Lumia 520, but runs Android and is a dual-SIM phone. The Samsung Galaxy S Duos. They price it for 8990 pesos. The 520 sells for ~7000 pesos. Guess which phone sells better. The one with better advertising.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte