Because of threads like this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...s-today-5.html

Not going to bash anyone specific but goodness. Talk about a thread that would have been closed by the second page on here.
    09-22-2013 10:24 PM
    At first, I thought it was a widespread joke on AC and everybody was in on it. Then I realized......
    09-23-2013 09:53 PM
    At first, I thought it was a widespread joke on AC and everybody was in on it. Then I realized......
    ...that the thread is full of fresh carp.
    xandros9 likes this.
    09-26-2013 12:08 AM
    go onto the crackberry forums, I literally saw a guy that said that he would not work for a company that doesn't use BB AND BB Enterprise servers as they don't value giving the best tools for the job lol, of course everybody called him an *****, but man, people are funny!
    09-27-2013 01:05 AM
    go onto the crackberry forums, I literally saw a guy that said that he would not work for a company that doesn't use BB AND BB Enterprise servers as they don't value giving the best tools for the job lol, of course everybody called him an *****, but man, people are funny!
    Hmm, I have something for you.
    Come to my place and I'll show you ;)
    Crackberry is a BB exclusive forum, in short people emotionally attached to BB.
    09-27-2013 01:18 AM
    Unfortunately, i have turned into public enemy number 1 on the most recent Surface article here. It can happen on any site.
    10-06-2013 04:52 PM
    Unfortunately, i have turned into public enemy number 1 on the most recent Surface article here. It can happen on any site.
    I feel for you.

Sometimes, you have rational facts, but the way you lay them out makes seem a bit...irrational.

...that happens to me a lot offline.
    10-06-2013 05:03 PM
    Wadja do?
    10-06-2013 06:51 PM
    @fatclue_98 he messed up, he expressed opinion in a neutral manner; inviting a level of intellectual discourse or debate. We all know that is a big no no.
    10-06-2013 07:08 PM
    @fatclue_98 he messed up, he expressed opinion in a neutral manner; inviting a level of intellectual discourse or debate. We all know that is a big no no.
    In other words, he got flamed big time for making sense. As Yosemite Sam used to say, that'll learn ya.
    10-06-2013 07:17 PM
    lol. Don't worry, it will be forgotten by tomorrow. ;-)

Dan is correct in saying that no company artificially restricts supply. Nevertheless, for hyped/popular products, it is completely normal and expected... the type of event that usually isn't newsworthy. It's just a result of the modern manufacturing process, the usual spike in initial demand, and companies wanting to sell as soon as possible.

Anyway, for those of us seeking information regarding commercial success, the "sold out" headlines are completely irrelevant. That has been proven many times over.

No idea why your point was so controversial.
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    10-06-2013 08:46 PM
    Everyone go back to their mom's basements!
    10-06-2013 09:07 PM
    Here you go mase. I posted this about a year ago and I got trashed just like you. Look familiar?

Microsoft sells out of $499 Surface tablets (but you can still pre-order) - NBC News.com
    10-06-2013 11:03 PM
    The article on the main site never said that they sold a huge number, just stated that whatever stock they had for the 128GB it sold out. Mase didn't have proof that there was a minimal supply so arguing that MS was being dishonest anyway was kind of pointless. It probably bugged some people because it sounded like someone arguing for the sake of arguing.
    10-06-2013 11:46 PM
    The article on the main site never said that they sold a huge number, just stated that whatever stock they had for the 128GB it sold out. Mase didn't have proof that there was a minimal supply so arguing that MS was being dishonest anyway was kind of pointless. It probably bugged some people because it sounded like someone arguing for the sake of arguing.
    "Sell-outs without numbers is worthless. It means absolutely nothing."

That is my first comment I made on the story. I never said MS was lying. I also provided an article from this site dealing with the same topic except last years Surface release. Point being, we saw this before. It is time to see actual, meaningful success.

BTW, I also stated in a later comment that the article did serve a purpose to let people know they couldn't purchase from MS anymore.
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    10-06-2013 11:53 PM
    Here you go mase. I posted this about a year ago and I got trashed just like you. Look familiar?

Microsoft sells out of $499 Surface tablets (but you can still pre-order) - NBC News.com
    The similarities between the launches are there. I am just a lot more reserved this time around until something solid happens.
    10-06-2013 11:55 PM