Who knew coffee would be this good!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Do they serve americanos (the coffee, not Spanish for 'Americans') in France? I believe that americano is espresso with water added and served in a regular sized cup.

Coffee in France is pretty different than anywhere I've been. I'm sure there's barista type coffee around but it's not your 'typical' coffee you find in cafes.

This may shed a light on things - A Guide to Ordering Coffee in France ? Chez Bonne Femme

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I agree. Unfortunately, most of the local coffeehouses I used to frequent are no longer in business, so it's Starbucks unless I get McDonald's, Dunkin Donuts or the gas station coffee.

That's sad. :( We have cafes where we are but they're chains. We don't have many 'quality' cafes around where I live or work.

BitPusher2600

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I get such joy from a fresh cup of Chock Full O Nuts coffee, that to me, brewed extra dark, gives me a few moments of Zen. As for Tea, I like mine ice cold only :)

jenni122701

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
We are huge coffee drinkers here. We enjoy the basic stuff, usually Maxwell house, Folders, or Chock full O' Nuts. Sometimes even store brand. I actually really like McD's coffee too. Only went to a Starbucks once for coffee, wasn't impressed. We don't like it too strong. Just medium. I love lots of cream and every now and then, sugar. Mmmmm. I want a WP forums cup!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a real coffee machine, like at cafe's. Works amazingly. Makes espressos, cappuccinos, and more.

I have a good coffee machine, does all that but is really 'home' machine so it's not that great. My real machine, which is not a professional machine but almost is in Australia. It's stainless steel, dual pump and has a professional group head. Sigh, I miss it. I hope to get it here one day.

I think we've started a coffee/tea thread. :p

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I get such joy from a fresh cup of Chock Full O Nuts coffee, that to me, brewed extra dark, gives me a few moments of Zen. As for Tea, I like mine ice cold only :)
Chock full of Nuts? Man, that is some throw back coffee right there. I remember back before I was even drinking coffee hearing that jingle. Don't think I've ever had it though

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Chock full of Nuts? Man, that is some throw back coffee right there. I remember back before I was even drinking coffee hearing that jingle. Don't think I've ever had it though

I honestly don't know this coffee. I'll have to investigate though I get the feeling it won't be to my taste. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Its really very good coffee. Despite the name it has nothing to do with nuts. It quickly became a fav of ours! ;-)

I just read a review. I know that coffee is a preference thing so I don't begrudge people their choice. I'm more of a medium to dark roast coffee drinker.

This coffee is one of my favourites. It can only be bought online unfortunately. It 100% Arabica beans and has a nice chocolate flavour to it. Not only is the coffee good but it's the oldest coffee plantation in Australia and their story is interesting.

Jaques Australian Coffee Plantation Mareeba Queensland Australia

Last edited:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Its really very good coffee. Despite the name it has nothing to do with nuts. It quickly became a fav of ours! ;-)
Sort of like the cereal Grape Nuts. Not one grape in the box. No nuts either. lol.

How would you compare that coffee to the taste of Folgers?

BitPusher2600

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Better than Folgers, only slightly more expensive. Tastes better to me than $4 or $5 cups from caf?s and the such. People get such hardons for having "fresh ground" beans and etc, but to me maybe its just a mental thing. I've drank many brands and types of coffee prepared numerous ways over my years, but Chock Full brewed much darker than directed remains my favorite.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Better than Folgers, only slightly more expensive. Tastes better to me than $4 or $5 cups from caf?s and the such. People get such hardons for having "fresh ground" beans and etc, but to me maybe its just a mental thing. I've drank many brands and types of coffee prepared numerous ways over my years, but Chock Full brewed much darker than directed remains my favorite.

That's good to know. I'll pick some up. I'm kind of a coffee junkie. The only coffee I cannot drink is Maxwell House and anything that comes out of those pour your own canisters. They all taste the same and they modify the taste with some spray from a can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077