Do you have a Symbian phone?

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
I have a 32G microsd I used in a Focus and I need it re-formatted so I can use it in other phones..

I can mail you the card with a self addressed stamped envelope back to me.. If you could format it and pop it back in the mail, that would be great!

Thanks!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a 32G microsd I used in a Focus and I need it re-formatted so I can use it in other phones..

I can mail you the card with a self addressed stamped envelope back to me.. If you could format it and pop it back in the mail, that would be great!

Thanks!

you can't just pop it into a computer and reformat it?

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
Not from a Samsung Focus.. It sets the security parameter of the "secure digital" card, and it can't be used by anything unless it is reset/formatted by something that recognizes that parameter.. Nokia Symbian phones do (like the N8)..

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

Thanks!

dude why don't you get a card reader? I have one and i use it to format to everything that fits.

ps. I live in india, and it qould be much more cheaper to buy a new one than to send it to me. :)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
dude why don't you get a card reader? I have one and i use it to format to everything that fits.

ps. I live in india, and it qould be much more cheaper to buy a new one than to send it to me. :)

the problem is that the computer won't recognize it regardless because a special bit was changed by the Focus to render it un-see-able by most devices. Stuff like the N8 are the exception sadly.

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Not from a Samsung Focus.. It sets the security parameter of the "secure digital" card, and it can't be used by anything unless it is reset/formatted by something that recognizes that parameter.. Nokia Symbian phones do (like the N8)..

holy ****. So my 32gb micro SD card is useless now?! I had no clue...i don't use them often but would have used it eventually. That's really lame...if my focus didn't die completely (won't boot or load, Sammy screen then shuts off), I'd still be using it.

Makes sense now why my interim 3 year old android wouldn't read it. I chalked it up to hardware limitations.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just remembered, a friend of mine may still tote a Symbian, I think an e71, I'll ask tomorrow or something

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Can a full desktop Linux installation read this bit set by the focus? I tried searching a little, but couldn't find details, and I threw away the ?SD card from mu focus, it went bad.

If so, you could boot Ubuntu off the cd and format the card in a laptop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon