02-24-2014 09:23 PM
353 ... 12131415
tools
    Nothing strange about that. The Bullets/Wizards always find a way to beat Miami.
    Greg Oden playing is the important thing about that game. I'm glad to see him finally get to play. I'm slightly concerned about the Heat coasting right now, but I think they will tighten it up.
    01-16-2014 07:54 PM
    The Pacers could play with and probably beat any team in the west in a series except maybe the Thunder.

Do you seriously think the Pacers could beat the Spurs in a series? C'mon.

I can see the Thunder beating the Pacers, no doubt.
    01-16-2014 08:15 PM
    Do you seriously think the Pacers could beat the Spurs in a series? C'mon.

I can see the Thunder beating the Pacers, no doubt.
    I do think the Pacers can beat the Spurs in a series. The Pacers are tall and very good on defense. The Spurs don't have a Lebron or Durant to make things happen at the end of the shot clock. Tony Parker is probably the best option they have at breaking down the defense, but he's not doing to be able to do it enough against the Pacers.

I think Miami is going to beat the Pacers so this discussion is hopefully irrelevant.
    FinancialP likes this.
    01-16-2014 08:53 PM
    I do think the Pacers can beat the Spurs in a series. The Pacers are tall and very good on defense. The Spurs don't have a Lebron or Durant to make things happen at the end of the shot clock. Tony Parker is probably the best option they have at breaking down the defense, but he's not doing to be able to do it enough against the Pacers.

I think Miami is going to beat the Pacers so this discussion is hopefully irrelevant.
    That's exactly it, the Spurs system doesn't depend on one player. They don't need a Lebron or Durant. The Spurs pick and roll system is only reliant on an open man.

I see the Heat beating the Pacers too. Cheers.
    Laura Knotek and raccoon210 like this.
    01-16-2014 09:13 PM
    Not the best 360 I've seen but still so good.

Laura Knotek and snowmutt like this.
    01-20-2014 02:46 PM
    One of the perks of MLK day, NBA games all day. Plus NBA league pass free preview until Jan. 26.
    Laura Knotek and HeyCori like this.
    01-20-2014 02:53 PM
    One of the perks of MLK day, NBA games all day. Plus NBA league pass free preview until Jan. 26.
    Does that mean we'll get NHL games on Bastille Day?
    snowmutt likes this.
    01-20-2014 06:40 PM
    Heat are playing great defense today....
    01-20-2014 06:49 PM
    Heat are playing great defense today....
    ....and lost giving up 121 to Atlanta.

Ouch. About those "coasting" rumors....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-2014 10:40 PM
    Eastern conference now has 3 teams (Ind, Miami, Atlanta) with winning records and 3 teams (Chicago, Toronto, Washington) at .500. Signs of a pulse from these teams.

By the way, when did Washington start playing well? I completely missed them as a decent team.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-2014 10:43 PM
    Am I the only one impressed by the way Kevin Durant is playing? Since Westbrook went out KD has been playing out of this world! I think the Thunder will be in the Finals this year and could possibly win it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-22-2014 05:04 PM
    Am I the only one impressed by the way Kevin Durant is playing? Since Westbrook went out KD has been playing out of this world! I think the Thunder will be in the Finals this year and could possibly win it.
    He's like a 7' tall Kobe.
    01-22-2014 08:46 PM
    He's like a 7' tall Kobe.
    Kobe couldn't play with Russel Westbrook like Durant can. It wouldn't surprise me if KD ends up being better than both Kobe and Lebron at his peak.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-23-2014 10:16 PM
    I had an interesting thought while watching the Heat and Lakers tonight. The Heat have been struggling with injuries and have had their second best player out for 12 games this season but they're only 3 games behind the Packers even though the Pacers are going all out.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-23-2014 10:20 PM
    And to all the Pacer fans out there...

Free agent Andrew Bynum signs with Indiana Pacers - ESPN

Bynum.... good fit? Or is adding the talent but messing with team chemistry a mistake?

Hmmmmmm. Well worth the debate, but I don't see a downside to a motivated Bynum playing for his next contract on a contender. Really don't.
    02-02-2014 06:26 AM
    I think Bynum has attitude problems, but Indiana is a good fit for him. Similar to the Heat with Oden, they don't need him to win right now, so he can take his time and recover and get in shape. It's a high reward low risk move for the Pacers.
    02-02-2014 07:17 AM
    In other news the Thunder without Westbrook spanked the Heat, have the best record in the league and got their winning streak snapped by the Wizards. As a Heat fan I'm worried about the Pacers, but the Thunder are scary.
    02-02-2014 07:21 AM
    The Heat are in the middle of an identity crisis. Spoelstra's trying to figure out a rotation and he doesn't have a clue.
    02-02-2014 03:19 PM
    The Heat are in the middle of an identity crisis. Spoelstra's trying to figure out a rotation and he doesn't have a clue.
    It's tough having a consistent rotation when one of the best players can't play every night, other players are injured and others aren't making shots like they should. If Wade can play regularly now things should settle out, plus their intensity level should be better after the spanking by the Thunder.
    snowmutt likes this.
    02-02-2014 09:54 PM
    I know I have brought this up before, but I still find it strange so many people do not want to give Spoelstra any credit at all. I know it is a deep talented team, but the man has proven to be a good prep of that talent and usually has them playing their best B-Ball when it matters the most.

There were coaches who couldn't win with great talent and good rosters built around Jordan, Chamberlin, or Magic. He should get somewhat of a pass as they struggle as he figures it out.He has proven he can win.

*cowers a little, waiting for fatclue to slap him down*
    02-03-2014 07:03 AM
    I know I have brought this up before, but I still find it strange so many people do not want to give Spoelstra any credit at all. I know it is a deep talented team, but the man has proven to be a good prep of that talent and usually has them playing their best B-Ball when it matters the most.

There were coaches who couldn't win with great talent and good rosters built around Jordan, Chamberlin, or Magic. He should get somewhat of a pass as they struggle as he figures it out.He has proven he can win.

Totally agree. Spo is one of the best coaches in the league. He's taken a totally non-traditional roster and built one of the league's best offenses and developed a defensive plan that is very unorthodox but quite effective. I don't know how this season will end, but so far this team has been quite successful.
    02-03-2014 07:25 AM

C'mon man! You're the last person here I'd ever smack down. Except the mods of course. But seriously, Spo is a very talented X's and O's kind of guy but he doesn't develop his game planning around the talent he has. He keeps trying to get his players to buy into his schemes because that's what his benefactor taught him. When Riley had Zo, Hardaway & PJ Brown it was all about defense and the half-court because that's what they were good at. Remember Showtime?

I'll give you a better example. Coach Shula had smash-mouth teams in the 70's with Csonka, Kiick and the rest. Griese only had like 7 completions in SB VIII when they crushed Minnesota's will. Fast forward to the 80's and it was the Marino & the Marks Brothers air show. HOF coaches like Shula & Riley win by using their players strengths and maximizing them. Can you imagine Majic Johnson & James Worthy playing on this Heat team with this offense?
    snowmutt likes this.
    02-03-2014 09:21 AM
    I think Spo has planned around the talent he has. The Heat are a very oddly built team that works off the ability of one of the greatest players to ever play.
    02-03-2014 09:35 AM
    C'mon man! You're the last person here I'd ever smack down. Except the mods of course. But seriously, Spo is a very talented X's and O's kind of guy but he doesn't develop his game planning around the talent he has. He keeps trying to get his players to buy into his schemes because that's what his benefactor taught him. When Riley had Zo, Hardaway & PJ Brown it was all about defense and the half-court because that's what they were good at. Remember Showtime?

I'll give you a better example. Coach Shula had smash-mouth teams in the 70's with Csonka, Kiick and the rest. Griese only had like 7 completions in SB VIII when they crushed Minnesota's will. Fast forward to the 80's and it was the Marino & the Marks Brothers air show. HOF coaches like Shula & Riley win by using their players strengths and maximizing them. Can you imagine Majic Johnson & James Worthy playing on this Heat team with this offense?

It really is all about me NOT getting abused, so I will just agree.

Right on, Clue!! GET HIM!!!
    02-04-2014 03:04 AM
    Ok, the all star break is over so it's time to get this discussion going again. What are you guys excited about for the rest of the season? Being a Heat fan I'm very excited about the way Dwyane Wade has been playing lately. If he can stay healthy and keep this level of play going in the playoffs I don't see anyone beating them this year. It's also going to be interesting to see if the Heat can catch the Pacers. The Pacers have been playing hard all season and the Heat have been pretty much coasting, but the Heat are only a game and a half back. Last of all the mvp race should be interesting. KD had it, but his poor performance against the Heat with LeBron playing so well seems to have let LeBron back in the conversation.
    02-24-2014 09:09 PM
353 ... 12131415