02-24-2014 09:23 PM
353 1234 ...
tools
    Miami baaaabby 3peat and lebron for mvp
    10-29-2013 06:19 PM
    Opening night!

Lakers are gonna stomp the Clippers, even though Kobe isn't back yet.

😊

Oh really? Clippers are the kings of LA now...
    10-29-2013 07:06 PM
    Really thought the Bulls would give a better showing. In any event, the Heat made a statement tonight.
    raccoon210 likes this.
    10-29-2013 10:07 PM
    Can we just get to the Pacers/Heat ECF already?
    10-29-2013 10:09 PM
    I'm with you partner. Give Oden a chance to get in shape.
    10-29-2013 10:24 PM
    Heat game tonight was deff a boring one..
    10-29-2013 10:25 PM
    I'm glad the Heat had a relatively easy victory tonight, but I wouldn't write off the Bulls so easily. I think the Pacers will be a tougher match up, but the Bulls will be hard to beat by the end of the season.
    10-29-2013 10:28 PM
    I'm glad the Heat had a relatively easy victory tonight, but I wouldn't write off the Bulls so easily. I think the Pacers will be a tougher match up, but the Bulls will be hard to beat by the end of the season.
    Pacers and Heat were there last year. Both should be better. I don't want to hear Bull talk until they have proven something. Some people are just in love with Rose a little too much.
    10-29-2013 10:30 PM
    The thing about rose is his style of play is so nice, its impossible to hate him. Lots of competition for the heat this year warriors and Brooklyn looking solid
    10-29-2013 10:33 PM
    The thing about rose is his style of play is so nice, its impossible to hate him. Lots of competition for the heat this year warriors and Brooklyn looking solid
    I don't care about the Nets. They still have to prove it. Adding some over the hill players doesn't suddenly make you good or relevant.

I don't like Rose for 2 reasons, one his fault and the other not. 1. I think he p*ssied out on his team last year during the last month or two. 2. Media cannot stop talking about him and gushing over him.
    10-29-2013 10:38 PM
    I don't care about the Nets. They still have to prove it. Adding some over the hill players doesn't suddenly make you good or relevant.

I don't like Rose for 2 reasons, one his fault and the other not. 1. I think he p*ssied out on his team last year during the last month or two. 2. Media cannot stop talking about him and gushing over him.
    I don't blame Rose at all for not coming back last year. The team had so many injuries and with him being out of sync I think it would have been unnecessary risk. I do think he should have said whether he was or wasn't going to play instead of keeping everyone guessing.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-29-2013 10:42 PM
    I really can't fault a guy for taking precautions with his own well being. I also think its just as important to have a psychologically all there teammate.

And there's a reason why superstars get a lot of media attention: they are the best at what they do
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-29-2013 10:45 PM
    I really can't fault a guy for taking precautions with his own well being. I also think its just as important to have a psychologically all there teammate.

And there's a reason why superstars get a lot of media attention: they are the best at what they do
    Hopefully they can stop talking about Bulls when they are at home for the ECF and the Finals.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-29-2013 10:47 PM
    Gameday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Houston is taking this lost today. Go Bobcats!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-30-2013 12:38 AM
    Oh really? Clippers are the kings of LA now...
    You mean like the Sacramento Kings of LA?

I bet you were pretty shocked today!

I knew our bench was good. People are sleeping in the Lakers.
    10-30-2013 02:07 AM
    You mean like the Sacramento Kings of LA?

I bet you were pretty shocked today!

I knew our bench was good. People are sleeping in the Lakers.
    Lol, yes I was. It will be interesting to see if that holds up for the season. I think in spots the Lakers can play well, but by the end of the season injuries and fatigue with the older players will take it's toll. If nothing else the Clippers got a good wake up call.
    10-30-2013 07:58 AM

I'm on the fence about this. Last year the Bulls weren't "expected" to win it all so it was easier for Rose to sit out. The Heat was supposed to be coronated like the year before, and D-Wade knew this. He risked his health to make sure the sports world didn't roast the entire team if they failed. Remember, they were 28 seconds away from being taken out. I may be wrong but I think it's easier for a star player to sit out if there's no real championship expectation.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-30-2013 11:04 AM
    I'm on the fence about this. Last year the Bulls weren't "expected" to win it all so it was easier for Rose to sit out. The Heat was supposed to be coronated like the year before, and D-Wade knew this. He risked his health to make sure the sports world didn't roast the entire team if they failed. Remember, they were 28 seconds away from being taken out. I may be wrong but I think it's easier for a star player to sit out if there's no real championship expectation.
    I agree that the Bulls had lesser expectations last season and that might have played a role in Rose's decision to sit out. I disagree on Dwyane Wade risking his health by playing. He had bone bruises so I don't think he was risking further injury by playing (if you call what he was doing in some of those games playing) but he did suck it up and play when he could have sat out.

While on the topic of Wade, I really hope he did stuff this off season to hopefully stay healthy. Two years in a row he's been injured in the playoffs and I don't think the Heat can win without him being healthy this year.
    10-30-2013 02:45 PM
    I agree that the Bulls had lesser expectations last season and that might have played a role in Rose's decision to sit out. I disagree on Dwyane Wade risking his health by playing. He had bone bruises so I don't think he was risking further injury by playing (if you call what he was doing in some of those games playing) but he did suck it up and play when he could have sat out.

While on the topic of Wade, I really hope he did stuff this off season to hopefully stay healthy. Two years in a row he's been injured in the playoffs and I don't think the Heat can win without him being healthy this year.
    Last season he was coming off knee surgery. He seems to have that "flash" back from what I saw in pre-season and last night. They're playing the Wizards tonight so I would hope Spo sits him or limits him. Then again, Spo's got a 24 year-old Heat dancer that may be influencing his "head" in all the wrong ways.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-30-2013 03:16 PM
    Lol, yes I was. It will be interesting to see if that holds up for the season. I think in spots the Lakers can play well, but by the end of the season injuries and fatigue with the older players will take it's toll. If nothing else the Clippers got a good wake up call.
    The Lakers bench is actually full of pretty good players. And they'll need them.

You're right that fatigue could hurt the Lakers starters later in the season. It will be really important for the bench to be able to take a lot of those minutes so that the starters can rest.

And then there's the question of Kobe. Will he be close to his old self? If he can get close by the end of the season, the Lakers will surprise a lot of people.
    10-30-2013 05:58 PM
    I guess losing to the Sixers isn't what us Heat fans had in mind for tonight!
    10-30-2013 08:57 PM
    Great way for the Lakers to start the season, with the win against the Clippers! Getting ready for the Golden State game!
    10-30-2013 09:37 PM
    Great win for the spurs. Rematch in the finals spurs vs. Heat calling it now
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-30-2013 09:48 PM
    Argh. Pelicans just lost against the Pacers. Blew a 16 point lead in the second half.

Great game for the Pacers, though. Just expected more from them.
    Laura Knotek and snowmutt like this.
    10-30-2013 09:54 PM
    The Lakers bench is actually full of pretty good players. And they'll need them.

You're right that fatigue could hurt the Lakers starters later in the season. It will be really important for the bench to be able to take a lot of those minutes so that the starters can rest.

And then there's the question of Kobe. Will he be close to his old self? If he can get close by the end of the season, the Lakers will surprise a lot of people.
    I think he might just be too old to be his [not] so "old" self. He's near the age when retirement is calling.
    10-30-2013 09:56 PM
353 1234 ...