NBA Basketball - 2013/14 season

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually starting to feel bad for Derrick Rose.

While it isn't fun to be injured, he is getting paid very well. Assuming he isn't wasting it all, he will be able to continue to fulfill dreams after his career is over. Millions of people are in actual bad situations every day...

That said, I laugh at Bulls' fans. They still try to live in the Jordan years...

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually starting to feel bad for Derrick Rose.

Me too. Hopefully he will be back soon.

I've decided there's no reason the Heat and Pacers shouldn't end up with the two best records in the NBA this season. The western conference is so much deeper than the east the western conference teams should beat each other up.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Lakers looked good again. Great ball movement. And even better, good defense from a D'antoni team. Who would have expected that?

That's a small 3 game win streak to bring them to .500 before their road trip.

I expect to see Kobe back after the road trip.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
12-1, Hibbert 27 points, 13 rebounds, 6 blocks

I like the Pacers. I was a Bird fan until the Heat came into the league and there was a nice article on USA Today this weekend about how he built the Pacers. Hibbert is a beast but he has no class. After they fell to the Heat last year, all the players were on the court congratulating each other and he just rocketed to the lockers like a punk. I have tremendous respect for Vogel and the players, but Hibbert? I wouldn't pee on him if he was on fire.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Me too. Hopefully he will be back soon.

I've decided there's no reason the Heat and Pacers shouldn't end up with the two best records in the NBA this season. The western conference is so much deeper than the east the western conference teams should beat each other up.

Exactly. Except for two teams, everyone in the west is .500 or better. No excuse not to have an inflated record playing in the east. That's why San Antonio and Portland's records are more impressive at this point in the season.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. Except for two teams, everyone in the west is .500 or better. No excuse not to have an inflated record playing in the east. That's why San Antonio and Portland's records are more impressive at this point in the season.

Yeah, I agree. The Pacers have been impressive, but there schedule has been weak. Don't get me wrong, I think the Pacers are a title contender, but right now their schedule has been easy.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

13-1 Pacers 98, Timberwolves 84

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
It will be easier to get a better record in the east, you can't deny it. Indiana is a good team. Their bench isn't too impressive and some of the starters are going to have a lot of minutes on them by playoff time. And let's face it, the main question about them is if they can get past the Heat in the playoffs.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It will be easier to get a better record in the east, you can't deny it. Indiana is a good team. Their bench isn't too impressive and some of the starters are going to have a lot of minutes on them by playoff time. And let's face it, the only thing that matters about them is if they get past the Heat in the playoffs. When they do that, then there's something to talk about.

Like how the Spurs got past the Heat? You could argue that it is harder to get to the finals from the East because of the Heat.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Like how the Spurs got past the Heat? You could argue that it is harder to get to the finals from the East because of the Heat.

Or like the Mavs got past the Heat? And running a gauntlet of teams is harder than having to get past just one and a free pass on the earlier rounds. But you basically said what I did. The only question on them is getting past the Heat. Anything less than a ECF showdown will be a disappointment

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Or like the Mavs got past the Heat? And running a gauntlet of teams is harder than having to get past just one and a free pass on the earlier rounds. But you basically said what I did. The only question on them is getting past the Heat. Anything less than a ECF showdown will be a disappointment

Debatable. Getting past the best team is the hardest test.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Debatable. Getting past the best team is the hardest test.

Running a gauntlet of Portland, LA, OKC and then the Heat is much harder and more impressive. Actually, I like the Pacers. Except for David West. Couldn't stand him in New Orleans and not going to change now.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
It certainly is going to be a tough road for whoever makes the finals out of the West, but the survivor of the (assuming they meet) Pacers/Heat will definitely be a worthy opponent even though the early rounds might be easier than the West.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos