NBA Basketball - 2013/14 season

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
No doubt. They go with the rules they are given. But it's kinda sad that 5 teams below .500 are playoff teams in a conference. And if you really think Toronto or Washington can bounce Indiana in a first round series. There's some swamp land in Florida near you I'd like to talk about.
Some of the eastern conference teams should be solid next year if they handle the draft right. Namely Philadelphia and Boston.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Some of the eastern conference teams should be solid next year if they handle the draft right. Namely Philadelphia and Boston.
Philly appears to at least have an eye for talent looking at their recent draft history. And a couple of nice pieces to build around with MCW and Nerlens. Boston's drafting under Ainge has been underwhelming at best. A returning from injury Rondo and Jeff Green as building blocks doesn't floor me.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I just saw that Kobe is out six weeks with broken leg. I hate that for him, I was hoping to get to see him play on Christmas day.

The news hit me like a ton of bricks. Just imagine... Kobe played the entire 4th quarter of the previous game with a fractured knee. Who plays a full quarter of good basketball on a fractured knee? Only the guy that hit two free throws with a torn Achilles.

So... missing all 3 point guards and the primary player that was playing as a PG in the meantime. lol

Looks like the Lakers signed Kendall Marshall. I hope that turns out well. He's a great passer.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
This resident east fan is enjoying his team's back-to-back crowns. What says you mister?

Lol. I guess I can say my team kept you from enjoying three in a row. Then our owner decides to blow up the team. But our one all star beat your three.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Lol. I guess I can say my team kept you from enjoying three in a row. Then our owner decides to blow up the team. But our one all star beat your three.

I gather you're a Mavs fan. Yes, they kept us from 3 in a row but we did get them in '06 without LeBron.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I would say there is a very good chance of that. But they will wait longer than they planned on at the press introduction when they were counting them off.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I would say there is a very good chance of that. But they will wait longer than they planned on at the press introduction when they were counting them off.

Very true! In hindsight I think losing to the Mavs were the best thing that could have happened to the Heat. LeBron and Wade didn't really play that well off each other, they had too much attitude and they didn't know how to use LeBron properly. That loss helped give the team some perspective they really needed.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The Heat were easy on the Lakers on Christmas. But at the same time, some of these young Lakers played with heart.

Man, I felt so depressed when Kobe went down last week. Now his reacclimation process will have to start all over when he gets back.

With Wade looking healthy, the Heat are really intimidating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo